IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on invoice from ANPR ltd

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    They are among the worst for this - and the abuse of POPLA codes by N Martin on behalf of ANPR Ltd is possibly even (dare I say) possibly/allegedly fraudulent? There is a process to follow when giving a POPLA code out and this isn't it. And they know it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just a quick update

I was pleasantly surprised when I passed the info to my colleague this morning & after a quick read she announced that she could 'have some fun with this'. Sounds like she's not too worried after all.

That said she did tell me that if I hadn't overheard her talking about it the other day and stopped her she would have paid up.

Coupon-mad wrote: »

P.S. Complain to the BPA by going on their website and 'complain about an AOS member' using the email link.

Complain to the DVLA about this horrendous sharp practice on this emaikl:

[EMAIL="FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

and

as for POPLA complain within the strongly-worded appeal and suggest that POPLA need to report this firm to the BPA for sanctions and the DVLA for a possible ban.

This is outrageous. :mad:

Not sure of the exact details but she's already complained to at least one of those you mentioned. Also (politely) thanked ANPR for their kind offer to appeal on her behalf but advised them that she is quite happy to do it herself.

Still plenty of time as she only got the rejection this week. I've told her if she's any doubts about her appeal to let me show it on here first to make sure it's okay. Off tomorrow so I won't see her until Monday but I'll update when I hear anything.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    Just a quick update

I was pleasantly surprised when I passed the info to my colleague this morning & after a quick read she announced that she could 'have some fun with this'. Sounds like she's not too worried after all.

That said she did tell me that if I hadn't overheard her talking about it the other day and stopped her she would have paid up.

Not sure of the exact details but she's already complained to at least one of those you mentioned. Also (politely) thanked ANPR for their kind offer to appeal on her behalf but advised them that she is quite happy to do it herself.

Still plenty of time as she only got the rejection this week. I've told her if she's any doubts about her appeal to let me show it on here first to make sure it's okay. Off tomorrow so I won't see her until Monday but I'll update when I hear anything.

What she simply must NOT do is tell POPLA her story and how she's been unfairly treated by this outfit. She'll lose for sure if that's what she relies on.

It must be based on putting the PPC to proof on many issues of a technical/legal nature, and the threads I referenced earlier can be used to build a very strong appeal. Even the more savvy and better prepared/more able PPCs (ParkingEye in particular) are losing on some of the 'checkmate' points in appeals. ANPR are Conference League compared with the Premier that some of the more clued-up PPCs play in.

But I do think the very first point of appeal must be the appalling claptrap perpetrated in the letter that they've got a cast iron case, appealing is pointless, but if you want to appeal, we'll do it for you.

If you leave this to the end of the appeal, chances are the adjudicator will either not get to it, or choose to swerve it, if earlier points have already delivered the coup de gras.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Please don't do this alone, popla doesn't do mitigating circumstances at all. This appeal to them has got to take apart their business completely, which means that you are not reliant on what happened. I know it sounds a bit mad, but this is how popla works
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • VoucherMan
    An update at last.

She complained to the DVLA and has received this letter. (larger image)

4332_001.jpg

In the letter she is referred to in the third party so I assume this was the reply sent to the DVLA. Not sure if she was sent it by the DVLA or ANPR though.

She also wrote to ANPR asking
    a) how the charge was calculated, and b) for a POPLA code but has not had a reply.

Any advice how she should proceed?
  • Coupon-mad
    Is the second page signed by Trevor Whitehouse, does it have any more rubbish to laugh at?!

It's utter drivel isn't it and he still reckons she has limited chance of success at POPLA...he would say that but he knows he has no hope of winning really! :rotfl:

She can do no more if she's asked for the POPLA code.
  • VoucherMan
    Is the second page signed by Trevor Whitehouse, does it have any more rubbish to laugh at?!

It's utter drivel isn't it and he still reckons she has limited chance of success at POPLA...he would say that but he knows he has no hope of winning really! :rotfl:

She can do no more if she's asked for the POPLA code.

Sorry. Missed the second page

4332_002.jpg (larger)

She has, we think, already got the appeal code. There was a 10 digit verification code at the end of their first reply. But we are only assuming. Their original reply suggests that it's more of an internal reference number.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 1 July 2013 at 6:30PM
    What was the date of the reply from N Martin and what were the first 6 digits of the 10 digits please? I can tell when it was issued if it's a POPLA code and if she hasn't used it she will be out of time if she delays! It's time-bound by 28 days only.

Don't you just love his sign-off 'I don't think that I can be if further assistance' rather than the usual business line 'Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance'! And he tries to blind the recipient with the restricted grounds of POPLA appeal when we know full well a POPLA appeal can be based on ANY grounds in fact:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/secret-reasons-you-can-use-in-your.html

It's about time ANPR Ltd was banned by the BPA and/or DVLA as their responses are worse than awful. N Martin has form for saying he will appeal 'on the driver's behalf' as posted in other threads on pepipoo and also they sent an 'Invitation...' card with a smiley face on the front to one motorist and inside it said '...to pay' and went on in true chavtastic mode 'bet you're well disappointed'!
  • VoucherMan
    What was the date of the reply from N Martin and what were the first 6 digits of the 10 digits please?

Sent you a PM.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 2 July 2013 at 1:32AM
    Got the pm and it is an in-date POPLA code so needs a POPLA appeal; have a look at the links here in post #15:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62180281&posted=1

You can also add at the start of your POPLA appeal, very clear information about ANPR Ltd's sharp practice with that hidden/unexplained POPLA code which is behaviour that breaches the BPA CoP as well as the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure