The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Comments

• SimIsOnTheUp
    SimIsOnTheUp Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Budgie

Sorry to hear about your doggie.

Hope you're ok.

Sim.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T:T:TDB for scoring August.

I'm going to declare early so that you can round up the scores for the month.(now I can't have a s*d it night even if I feel like it:o)

13AF please DB.
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    SimIsOnTheUp Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Hi all,

Hope you're all enjoying a sunny day.

Am in the midst of applying for another job.

Need to get started on my housework, which I've been putting off for days now!

Still sober here.

Feels good, although the downside to having a clear head, is that the memories / regrets / feelings etc have come back tenfold.

Keep thinking about how life has been a bit of a mess since losing Mum in 1996 and Nan in '99, how ridiculous it is that I'm still dwelling on it some 14 years later, and how I never really grieved due to drinking on it all for years.

Still feel guilty for what I put my Girlfriend of 5 years through (who finally had enough and left 10 years ago). Still miss her, and wish I could put that right too.

I've never properly moved on from any of this really, and I'm looking forward to starting CBT to tackle it all once and for all.

The Substance Misuse Team Support Worker is coming to visit me on Friday, to discuss applying for funding for rehab. Am really in two minds about it all still. Just don't know.

Have another 'Pathways to Work' appointment on Thursday too.

Have about £14.00 left to last me 10 days, and have hardly any food left in my cupboard!

Would like to get back into Volunteering at the homeless drop in near me again, but I just don't feel strong enough yet.

Cheers,

Sim x
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just booked my 2011 holiday :j

We are going to book 2 holidays, we'll tell the kids about the first one then book elsewhere up the road and they'll think we're going home but we'll drive into the next holiday camp for another week :D

So VERY excited!!! Only got 11 months to wait :undecided
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Marru wrote: »
    Lurks - it doesn't look bad. It is only when you start actually doing it you find out just how bad :eek:
    I totally agree with Marru here, it looks like your average exercise DVD, you watch the star jumps and crunches and are quite confident you can handle this...and you can .....until the next morning upon waking when you actually realise your legs have been replaced. I wish I could describe what with. You have to learn to walk again. Forget stairs for at least a week, anything that involves bending the legs is out.
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    oh DC, you sell it so well :rotfl:

It makes my version that I mentioned on your diary ie stuffing yourself into an industrial sized paper shredder sound appealing :rotfl:
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • honeybear_2
    honeybear_2 Posts: 3,914 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2010 at 6:37PM
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Hope it's fixed soon surprised-in-shower-006.gif

It would be quicker if I had the ability to buy the correct part :rotfl:

Thanks for offering to score, hon :) Can I be TF again for September? With lots of finger wagging in my direction if I still only show as 1 AFD by mid month :o
    Lurkio wrote: »
    May well be 'shredding' in September, too :eek: (for those who don't know - and I didn't until someone on here mentioned it - search for '30 day shred' on Amazon)

:eek: Not you too!
    Miss_Piggy wrote: »
    Jo...you think YOU'RE having a crap day???

My boiler just spewed water all over the sodding kitchen, and whilst cleaning it up I kicked the exercise bike and think I've broken my toes!!!:( I screamed words Piglet has never heard before, think he thought I'd gone mental!

Oh and british gas can't come out till Thursday. ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!:mad:

Oh lovey :( *sending you lots of love & hugs*

Marru, sweetie, I'm sorry about you & your piggies? Are you sure?
    @ LBM = £15,872.65, now £10,819.82
    AF Jan = 7/? Feb = 5/14 Mar = 14/20 Apr = 6/14 May = 2/14 June 2/14 July 0/TF Aug 1/TFv Sept 6/TF Oct 4/7
    "NEVER DOUBT YOUR OWN QUALITY"
  • Miss P, hope the toes are okay, and if it's any help, I hate boilers ! They hate me too.
    That's why I should really be living in the West Indies just haven't figured how to make it happen yet...
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • Busy on here tonight! Just cooked a chicken to find it was off - or at least it didn't smell right - so we feasted on veggie and HM sausages instead.....................

Off for a walk now

Our downstairs loo is needing fixed if anyone wants more plumbing jobs.,......................

Jo congrats on booking holiday!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    I totally agree with Marru here, it looks like your average exercise DVD, you watch the star jumps and crunches and are quite confident you can handle this...and you can .....until the next morning upon waking when you actually realise your legs have been replaced. I wish I could describe what with. You have to learn to walk again. Forget stairs for at least a week, anything that involves bending the legs is out.

For me it wasn't the legs (all that running obviously had paid off), it was the strenght training that killed me. My arms were like jelly the following day - I found out how heavy my hand held calculator at work really was :o
    honeybear wrote: »

Marru, sweetie, I'm sorry about you & your piggies? Are you sure?

I know but if I can find someone that can look after them better than I can then there is one job less for me and more importantly one thing less to feel guilty about.

Jo- hope your days has improved

Budgie - my thoughts are with you

Succesfull day, doubled my Mr T vouchers and have kitted DD now for school and out of school. Have bag full of clothes for her. Also got new school shoes. We had fried fish with HM potato wedges and peas for lunch and Mr T half price pizza for tea. Need to go dish out the ice cream and then get DD to bed.

Tomorrow I am going to try do THIS. My friend has invited us for tea and I want to take something nice for pudding. :p
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure