Best account for paper statements

I need to build a collection of bank statements in addition to utilities for visa applications in the next few months (online/PDF prints are not accepted unfortunately). Are any banks particularly good at sending lots of paper, at a minimum monthly statements, without charging directly (or indirectly by losing benefits like interest if not paperless?)

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pavane wrote: »
    I need to build a collection of bank statements in addition to utilities for visa applications in the next few months (online/PDF prints are not accepted unfortunately). Are any banks particularly good at sending lots of paper, at a minimum monthly statements, without charging directly (or indirectly by losing benefits like interest if not paperless?)

I have a Current Account Direct from Yorkshire Bank (a legacy from a switching bonus) which send me monthly statements with no option to switch to paper:(.

That particular account is no longer available to new customers, but have a look at their B and Current Account Plus - both of which offer paper statements according to their FAQs.

Please check before applying though.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Co-op bank will send a paper statement every 25 transactions, which if you use your debit card regularly can be quite often. I generally get three every month (although I've got paperless switched on in order to get the monthly reward deal). Most accounts that offer monthly incentives/rewards tend to have paperless as one of the requirements so requiring paper statements may disqualify you for these deals.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Monthly paper statements are available from

Nationwide - except Flexdirect
    First Direct
    NatWest (although online banking nags one to opt for paperless)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RBS is another.

Co Op might be best option for the reasons stated.
  • mt99
    mt99 Posts: 472 Forumite
    If you have Internet banking and a printer (not sure if you have) you could of course print out your statements and transactions anytime you want to
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mt99 wrote: »
    If you have Internet banking and a printer (not sure if you have) you could of course print out your statements and transactions anytime you want to

Fine for ones own records but not acceptable as evidence of identity/income to other bodies.

As original posts states "(online/PDF prints are not accepted unfortunately)".
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Monthly paper statements from the following:
    Halifax (my main a/c so lots of activity.)
    Club Lloyds
    HSBC Advance
    M&S
    BOS (every 2 months)
    Think Tesco is a likely one (a friend gets hers on paper , I do online.)

My question is, Could they be CC statements as well / instead?
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I am fully paperless so haven't checked in a few years but I don't know of any directly charging for routine statements, only for past copies. Lloyds wanted to charge me something ridiculous a few years ago, I can't recall the fee rate but it was per sheet and a 2-3 years of statements would have come to several hundred pounds. So it is good to switch to paper in anticipation.

I don't remember which ones stipulated paperless as a requirement for rewards/interest.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    hoc wrote: »
    I don't remember which ones stipulated paperless as a requirement for rewards/interest.

TSB Classic Plus- paperless statements and paperless communications to earn the monthly interest
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    pavane wrote: »

Pretty much every bank sends paper statements, usually monthly or quarterly. I have accounts with Bank of Scotland, TSB and RBS, all send paper statements, but the TSB one needs to be paperless to get the higher rate of interest. To be "green" I'm paperless with RBS too. (I want to go through my spending at the end of the month so I am getting paper statements from Bank of Scotland, it'll save me doing the printing. I'll go paperless again in a few months.) I also have a savings account with Clydesdale Bank (with a debit card unusually) which sends paper statements.

You should check if online/PDF prints are accepted if they are stamped by the bank - this is acceptable for UK visa applications.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure