IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on invoice from ANPR ltd

Trying to help out a work colleague who's received an invoice from ANPR Ltd of Preston.

While she may have been in the car park for more than the 'allowed time' it was a Sunday and the (large) car park was virtually empty.

Not having been around this part of the forum much recently I've tried to have a quick catch up on the latest advice.

I then suggested to her that she write to the company using this as a template.

They've written back with (in my view) a load of BS and finish by advising her against appealing, if necessary letting them do it for her.

I have a copy of the letter she received it it's okay / will help to show it (with her details & reference numbers removed ;))

As she's a worrier she doesn't want to take the 'ignore it' approach but would prefer to get them off her back. What would be the next stage? Should she appeal directly to POPLA anyway?

Almost forgot to mention. £100 is the amount they'd like for inconveniencing them by parking in this almost empty car park.

Comments

• Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    They've seriously suggested THEY would appeal for her ? :rotfl:

Did they send you a POPLA code ? If not then appeal on light grounds to the PPC ( look for Storma posts on this first page for examples ).

If you do have the POPLA code then appeal BUT make sure you look at the POPLA sticky thread at the top of the board on word and appeal points.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    Trying to help out a work colleague who's received an invoice from ANPR Ltd of Preston.

While she may have been in the car park for more than the 'allowed time' it was a Sunday and the (large) car park was virtually empty.

Not having been around this part of the forum much recently I've tried to have a quick catch up on the latest advice.

I then suggested to her that she write to the company using this as a template.

They've written back with (in my view) a load of BS and finish by advising her against appealing, if necessary letting them do it for her.

I have a copy of the letter she received it it's okay / will help to show it (with her details & reference numbers removed ;))

As she's a worrier she doesn't want to take the 'ignore it' approach but would prefer to get them off her back. What would be the next stage? Should she appeal directly to POPLA anyway?

Almost forgot to mention. £100 is the amount they'd like for inconveniencing them by parking in this almost empty car park.

Definitely post up a redacted copy of this letter. Suggesting that the POPLA appeal will be penned by the 'prosecuting' agent is an outrage. This should be referred to the DVLA and BPA, who both should take a serious view of it.

The way to go is definitely an appeal to POPLA, but don't let Trevor Whitehouse (ANPR owner and former clamper) go anywhere near it.

Have a look at a previous post of mine which gives some links to various POPLA appeals to get some idea of what's needed, but don't worry about the detail, experts here will help you through it. Don't go it alone on this without reference back here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=61808935&postcount=2

And the one absolute that MUST be attached to your POPLA appeal is the ANPR letter you're going to post up here, please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Write this

Name
    Address

Date

Dear Trevor Whitehouse

In regards to the invoice xxxxx dated xxxxx , and your long winded boring rejection of xxxxxx, where is the popla verification code you must send out on rejection of a challenge to your so called company?

You have 35 days to furnish the keeper with this from the date of original challenge or you time out under the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The keeper suggests you send it so they can use the bpa Code of Practice breaches from your so called company to get this cancelled.

Sincerely

A bored keeper who fell asleep reading your rejection
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Never had the pleasure of getting one myself. Not for lack of trying :D so I'll hopefully get a bit of enjoyment out of helping resolve someone else's predicament, and get some practice in for when I do get one.:cool:

Here's the letter. Hopefully edited enough. Bigger version if preferred

4257_001.jpg
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    OMG thay actually DID say they would appeal on your behalf. Definately worth sending that to the BPA ( yes I know they are part of the con ! ) BUT they need to punish ANPR for that !

You could of course write back and ask on what basis N. Martin would appeal on your behalf given he's already said it's doomed to failure ( of course it would be if he / she wrote it !!!! ).
  • Umkomaas
    Never had the pleasure of getting one myself. Not for lack of trying :D so I'll hopefully get a bit of enjoyment out of helping resolve someone else's predicament, and get some practice in for when I do get one.:cool:

Here's the letter. Hopefully edited enough. Bigger version if preferred

4257_001.jpg

Unbe-f***ing-lievable. What planet is this lot on?

Get back to them and tell them you have no intention of taking up their kind offer of appealing on your behalf; you wish to do this yourself. Now give me the POPLA code!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Unbe-f***ing-lievable. What planet is this lot on?

Get back to them and tell them you have no intention of taking up their kind offer of appealing on your behalf; you wish to do this yourself. Now give me the POPLA code!

There's a 10 digit code on the letter. right at the end where it says verification code. Would this be the POPLA code?

Much though I'd take great pleasure in winding up this lot I'm just piecing together information for my colleague at the moment. I'll pass on your comments & recommendations and see what she wants to do next.
  • Umkomaas
    There's a 10 digit code on the letter. right at the end where it says verification code. Would this be the POPLA code?

Much though I'd take great pleasure in winding up this lot I'm just piecing together information for my colleague at the moment. I'll pass on your comments & recommendations and see what she wants to do next.

More than likely. POPLA is the best way to get rid of this for good. The alternative is to ignore it, but that is not today's advice. If you do ignore it, you've potentially got it hanging over you for up to 6 years. And whilst ANPR seems pretty incompetent and are unlikely to take this to court, you never can guarantee anything in this game.

There are time limits to make your appeal to POPLA - you have 28 days to appeal, from the date you receive the operator‟s notice of rejection.

You should take the ANPR letter above as being the 'rejection' and work from the date of its receipt.

Do get back for more help, if needed.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 June 2013 at 11:19PM

Listen - it is very important that ANPR Ltd are reported to the DVLA and BPA and POPLA for this because I have seen it before (clearly this is their 'modus operandi'):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80005

If you read that pepipoo thread you will see that N Martin said the same to that OP about 'appealing on the motorists' behalf. That OP believed that she had to write to ANPR again to use POPLA and now her POPLA code is 6 weeks old (the code includes an encrypted date which means POIPLA will reject what they now perceive to be her late appeal!

So your friend needs to use that code to appeal IMMEDIATELY but strongly online to POPLA - I think she can do so now she has a code, give it a try. And the wording she can use is going to be very similar to the POPLA appeal I worded on that thread (I post as SchoolRunMum over there). If she can't use the code then she must demand a hard copy form to go with it, from ANPR Ltd and tell them she's sussed N Martin's little game.

HTH

P.S. Complain to the BPA by going on their website and 'complain about an AOS member' using the email link.

Complain to the DVLA about this horrendous sharp practice on this emaikl:

[EMAIL="FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

and

as for POPLA complain within the strongly-worded appeal and suggest that POPLA need to report this firm to the BPA for sanctions and the DVLA for a possible ban.

This is outrageous. :mad:

P.P.S.

But conversely, I did have fun writing the letter I suggested the OP of this thread should send to 'Trev the Clamp' at ANPR Ltd:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=77238&st=60

...post #63!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They also say on some of their letters "by law you have to pay this amount within 7 days".

That, of course, is a lie and should be reported to the relevent authorities.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure