Where does my CSA Money go?

I wonder if anybody knows if my Money goes directly to my ex partner?

So I pay £600 a month and I wonder if she gets all of that, part of it or none of it and she just gets benefits?

I've just recently met my Daughter for the first time and things are great, however things are not great with the ex, in fact downright hostile. I'm considering a private arrangement, as I would rather the money go direct than to the most inept government department I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

I learnt many years ago not to contact them unless you really really have to as I always seem to come away from every contact owing them more money than when I started so I would rather not ring them.

If £300 a month goes to the government then I can offer her £400 and then everyone is better off but don't know how it works with benefits???

If anyone has any insights into this I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CSA money goes to the parent with care. There is no deduction and the money is ignored for means tested benefits. You can only have a private arrangement if both parents are in agreement about this, and there is no reason that I can see why the mother would agree to accept a lower amount than she is currently receiving through CSA.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • CSA money goes to the parent with care. There is no deduction and the money is ignored for means tested benefits. You can only have a private arrangement if both parents are in agreement about this, and there is no reason that I can see why the mother would agree to accept a lower amount than she is currently receiving through CSA.

Thanks for the reply, I agree that if every penny goes to her then things should remain the same.
  • flutterby_lil
    flutterby_lil Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    I know somebody who pays for his daughter via CSA who is under the impression that the CSA deduct some.
  • krashovrload
    krashovrload Posts: 167 Forumite
    I know somebody who pays for his daughter via CSA who is under the impression that the CSA deduct some.
    ++

I know all the rhetoric is about charging people to use the CSA (or whatever they want to call it) as a way to encourage people to make arrangements themselves - maybe that's what your friend is thinking about?

++
  • flutterby_lil
    He pays £22, the PWC says she only gets £16.
  • flutterby_lil
    ++

I know all the rhetoric is about charging people to use the CSA (or whatever they want to call it) as a way to encourage people to make arrangements themselves - maybe that's what your friend is thinking about?

++

Just curious why you always use ++ at the start of your posts?
  • krashovrload
    krashovrload Posts: 167 Forumite
    Just curious why you always use ++ at the start of your posts?
    ++

An old habit :D - there's no logical reason.

++
  • flutterby_lil
    Lol, ok, just wondered if it was set up like that :)
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    He pays £22, the PWC says she only gets £16.

Is he on a DEO? If so, its probably the charge for that. Most companies charge to administrate a DEO.

Or the PWC is lying for some reason.
  • Suppor
    Suppor Posts: 2 Newbie
    We take no money at the moment ALL money paid in pays out!, unless there's any court costs or SOS debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure