Options
    Me too please EE
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Me too, please, EE! Fell off the wagon in July - need to jump back on for August :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have given everyone numbers up to here.

Thanks for joining me.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goals for August

Budget done. Try to stick to it.

To use up you need to know what you have. Major stock take and declutter required.

No holidays until next month and no small ones to consider. If I can drag my cousin away from her new grandson I’ll suggest afternoon tea. I will try to persuade C to visit some of the places we’ve been meaning to go to (art gallery, museum, etc.).

Will try for 15 NSDs but want to spend as little as possible this month.

I really have been neglecting myself recently so:

Some minor health issues to address
    Need to get into a routine to make myself look/feel better
    Loose weight. Aiming for 7 pounds this month. I might have more success if I break this into smaller goals
    A treat a day. All suggestions gratefully received

Think that's all for now.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in please EE - really missed being part of June and July.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me please :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings.

Budgets set, including increased Grocery budget I hope we don't need - DH away 1 week, large meat order coming on Tuesday already paid for.

Extra allowed for 'Me' - work training course, possible deposit for me taking off to Bali:rotfl: (not likely until February, but I'm starting to squirrel.

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?

This week should only need fruit, veg and milk. When DH is back I will try and plan out of cupboards/freezer. I should be able to get at least two weeks of meals without needing anything other than the basics.

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

1) This thread. It makes me think at the beginning of the month and review the previous month to learn from it. It's also driving me to dream.

2) I have taught myself enough VB/Excel to provide a solution to a very time consuming task at work. I got very good feedback on Friday so am hopeful of a very good reference if not something longer term.

3) Sean Bean:rotfl: I am about to indulge:rotfl:

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.

No holidays planned. I have no problems filling the days!

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

Need to reduce unnecessary spends. But they inevitably go down when I am working so should have at least 2 weeks of virtually none.

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.

I'm off to indulge now. See you all properly on Tuesday.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for the thread, E_E :)

This month we also have National Allotment Week and National Afternoon Tea week which both happen to be on the same week so I think we need to mark these in some way – ideas to follow.
    Hmm.... I bought my mum a voucher (Gr0000pon) for afternoon tea as part of her birthday present - I think we will be using it towards the end of this month :) (Ideas - afternoon tea at home? - pretty/ best china, teapot & cups, tiny sandwiches and some cakes (A5da do a box of fresh cream 'afternoon tea' cakes, I believe) - a Gr000pon deal if you can afford it as part of your me time?)
    I don't have an allotment, but am growing some fruit and veggies at home - will see what I harvest this month and can use in meals :)

We also have Colouring Book day on 2nd August so if you don’t have colouring book and felt pens/crayons you can go out and buy them and we won’t count them as a spend!!! - no personal plans to buy one - can download and print some colouring sheets if you feel the need - or draw and colour a picture?

Rules:

Allocate – set your budgets for the month – this needs to includes any money needed for holidays away, days out, maybe even school uniform/items. Make sure you have something allocated for treats.
    Food £450. Entertainment (inc meals out, days out, icecreams out etc) £250. Gifts £75. School uniform & shoes £300 (have already bought a lot, too... :() Other clothes £120. Car £175 (MOT/ service due) Also setting a sales target of money in of £150 :)
    Once you have done your budget you then need to pay any surplus to your debts or savings. OH's current account does a round up of debit card transactions and sweeps this to a savings account, which will go towards holiday fund. £250/ mth being saved towards final payment of his car

Use (Up) – we are going to try and use up as much as possible, whether that is clothes/food etc. Do you need new clothes for holidays or will your current clothes be suitable? Do you need those sparkly sandals when you have a similar pair in the wardrobe? Do the children need to replace all school items/clothes or can some from last year be reused?
    DS2 is starting secondary school in Sept - total new uniform (different school to his older siblings) although have already purchased some. New shoes, rugby boots and school trainers will also be needed. DS1 should be ok - new shirts already purchased, and suit will be fine (M&S washable) for UVIth form. His shoes will last for a few months at least (although need a good polish!) Will need to check if he has sufficient black socks (his room eats them.....) DS3 needs more school socks. May need new white PE polo - will need to check what I have as hand-me-down/ spares. Will definitely need new school shoes and PE trainers.
    DS1 needs a pencil case! I also need 2 new lunchboxes and 2 water bottles for the boys.
    DS2 and DS3 will need new out-of-school trainers. DS1 could also do with a new pair of casual shoes. I could do with another pair of jeans (only have 1!)
    Food - am on a use up mission, anyway - Autumn glut will be starting and I can't fit it all in freezer. Plus I need to save some money somewhere!
    Toiletries/ cleaning stuff - we are on a general use up mission of these in the household too. Have several part used bottles of cleaning stuff acquired from clearing out DD's shared kitchen (she was last one left) so they are my targets to use (several down already, several still to go! D)

Gratitudes – each time you post I would like you to post at least 3 gratitudes.

Upcoming (holidays) – what plans has everyone got for August? If you haven’t yet decided and are worried about keeping the kids entertained then now is the time to plan the month. Get yourself an A4 piece of paper and draw 31 squares and start filling in the days.
    Free activities are preferred - can we all share some tips?
    is there a friend or family member you haven’t seen for a while – plan a catch up with them.
    Need to catch up properly with my sister (although did bump into her when out today, but only briefly)
    Couple of days out with friends and their children planned - they are usually of the free and take a picnic variety, thankfully

Spends – we will have 15 NSD’s (unless you want to set a separate target).
    Medical spends or days when the only purchase is reduced items do not count as spends.

Time (for yourself) – make time for yourself this month, I know its hectic for a lot of people so take time to have a coffee in peace, a bubble bath, indulge in a good book, do some colouring or something else that takes your fancy.
    I plan on getting some of my unread books read (and passed on!)

Even though it's still July ;) -
    Today I am thankful for:
    * bumping into my sister and her OH when out
    * my mum offering to look after smalls whilst we popped out (enabling the above to happen :D)
    * finding a gorgeous pair of gloves in the clearance bit at M&S outlet (I ordered them at Xmas but returned them as couldn't justify them) for me - in my size and favourite colour
    * simple pleasures of playing card games with the smalls
    * gorgeous HM bread used in sandwiches for lunch
    * lovely hg tomatoes used in above sandwiches
    * DS3 sleeping in until almost 8am! (not sure that's ever happened before - and he's 8!:T)
    * MSE - it keeps me sane at times!
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you include me too please EE
    I'll pop back later with my targets
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ooo Sign me up hopefully get back on with budgets and plans later today x
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure