Cahoot PPI claim

Options
Hi there, just wondering, has anyone had any success with any PPI claims against Cahoot?

I took out a loan with them back in Dec 2004 and noticed that I had taken PPI with the loan, which Cahoot had strongly recommended. However, I need to check on my agreement, which I need to find. but was just wondering anyway? Is it worth pursuing?

Thanks

Comments

• petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    2trabo wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering, has anyone had any success with any PPI claims against Cahoot?

I took out a loan with them back in Dec 2004 and noticed that I had taken PPI with the loan, which Cahoot had strongly recommended. However, I need to check on my agreement, which I need to find. but was just wondering anyway? Is it worth pursuing?

Thanks

The simple answer is "Yes" it is worth pursuing.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

I believe there have been success with these.

What year did you take this out?

If you have old of the account number and this is no longer active you can still continue to write to them to reclaim on the PPI, you can check on old bank statements, where you paid the monthly repayments the acc number should be next to them.
    They may send a copy of your agreement with a response letter.

Another way for the copy of the agreement, if you have no details is to write a simple letter, enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment, and request that they send you this by 12 days, post by recorded delivery.
    It may be best as well to write down as many details as you can, like any old addresses, surnames and also write your date of birth for easier tracking, especially if your account is no longer running.

The other option would be to request a SAR (Subject access request ), this is for £10 cheque or postal order payment and they have 40 days to comply.
    There is a SAR template letter for this here below, post by recorded delivery on all letter - for your proof of posting.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

For more on reclaiming.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    Check this through as well, this is very useful with the guidelines of reclaiming, a checklist of mis selling reasons and letter reclaiming template letters.

Give us a yell if help is required, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • 2trabo
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I took the loan and PPI out in Dec 2004. I am going to have a look to see if I have the agreements this weekend, if not, then I will write to them as above.

Many thanks
  • 2trabo
    Options
    Well I spoke to Cahoot, they said they would send out copies of my agreement, so just waiting for that and I will then take it from there.

I also had a loan with Northern Rock back in 2004/2005 which had PPI, I am sure that I was told I needed the PPI to be accepted for the loan, so I am also thinking of pursuing this as well.

Thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    Well I spoke to Cahoot, they said they would send out copies of my agreement, so just waiting for that and I will then take it from there.

I also had a loan with Northern Rock back in 2004/2005 which had PPI, I am sure that I was told I needed the PPI to be accepted for the loan, so I am also thinking of pursuing this as well.

Thanks

Good one, and yes go for it, claim what is rightfully yours.:T
  • layer_cake
    Options
    Hi there have been some success stories on here regarding Cahoot. I've put in a claim back for PPI mis-sold on a flexi loan. Fingers crossed ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    layer_cake wrote: »
    Hi there have been some success stories on here regarding Cahoot. I've put in a claim back for PPI mis-sold on a flexi loan. Fingers crossed ;)

Hi there
    Good luck with your reclaim - please keep us posted, cheers.:beer:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options

Thanks
    Good luck with these. ;) Keep us posted.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    layer_cake wrote: »
    Good luck.;)
  • lmclean100
    Options

Thanks

Yes, I had success with PPI claim against Cahoot, just paid my cheque into my bank account last week. No problems at all with them, they put their hands up straight way and admitted it was incorrectly sold.

Took out my loan in 2005.

L
    Getting there, slowly but I WILL be debt free before I retire :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills