PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• IVYLEAF ring them and confirm when you feel able and ask them to put you on the list for cancelations, they sometimes get people not able to go on the arranged day and usually run a list of people who will be likely to be available. It might get you a shorter wait?
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Monnagran thanks. The fear is just that. I am a dreadful catastrophiser. I'm finding the current situation a nightmare - lawyers, threats and the potential loss of a career I've worked so hard to be well enough to do. But it's out of my hands at the moment hence the fear.

If he turns up on the doorstep I definitely will be calling the police. The Giant Hamster thought did cheer me up though.

Can I borrow Dora anyway? It's at times like this I really miss my FurryBeast.

Ivyleaf As Mrs LW says, let them know if you are available for cancellations. It might help.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

Can I borrow Dora anyway?

Bet she's in the post already... although she'll probably chew her way out of the box:cool:
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    greenbee wrote: »
    Bet she's in the post already... although she'll probably chew her way out of the box:cool:

:rotfl: I'm sure monna wouldn't be willing to part with her. And I'm certain Pickle wouldn't.:D
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 3:43PM
    IVYLEAF ring them and confirm when you feel able and ask them to put you on the list for cancelations, they sometimes get people not able to go on the arranged day and usually run a list of people who will be likely to be available. It might get you a shorter wait?

Yes, I'll do that. I expect anyone who can possibly afford it goes privately when they find out how long the waiting list is!

In the meantime dear OH has paid for new glasses for me. I can always have the frames re-glazed afterwards for reading glasses, or as i have some astigmatism it may be that I'll still need glasses all the time so can have them reglazed for that.
    the new ones will take a few weeks to arrive but at least I can look forward to them! i usually have an NHS Complex Lens Voucher and forgot to ask about it this time, so will go back on Monday.

FurryBeastOz
    Sending ((HUGS)), try not to worry though I know that's all very well for me to say.

Forgot to say, FBOz, that when I was long-term sick with M.E. some years ago I was visited by my line manager and his own manager (both came together) - she was a woman with MS. so that was actually quite helpful. I was very anxious about their visit, but in fact seeing me in my own home helped them understand how unwell I really was, so that it was clear to them that I was genuinely too ill to come back to work , not swinging the lead. They had been to the local ASDA before coming to my house, so they knew what sort of distance I was talking about when I said that on a good day I could walk there very slowly but would not then be able to do my shopping and get home again, even if I came back by bus.
    The worst part of the visit, in fact, was when male manager needed the loo and I had to tell him not to put the seat up because it would just fall down again :o:D
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Goddess I needed this today! Thank you, you wonderful, insane lot!

FurryBeastOZ is it worth trying to contact Citizen's Advice for .... well .... advice re ex-idiot?
    Must use my stash up!
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    Hope you don't mind me popping in as I don't post here much but I do read along and you have all cheered me up with your "antics" - I love it, love it, love it :rotfl::rotfl:!! Thank you all. :T
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Aw Knit Witch, sorry you're having a horrible day and I hope it gets better xx

FBOZ sorry, just realised you said ex-boss, I thought he was wanting to visit you to do a back-to-work type interview. I'll delete what I typed about my managers' visit if you find it upsetting.

Nice to see you nannywindow. I think you post on the Daily thread? welcome to this one!
  • Room for as many as can find a space love, there's always tea or coffee and usually someone has a custard cream secreted away in a secret place to share with us. If you make virtual cake you'll be an instant hit!!! Mine's a carrot cake please, welcome in !!! xxx.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Having a day here when I can hardly lift my head nevermind my feet. Can somebody send the pigeon up with a custard cream for me??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure