HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY

Comments

• Hi
    I had Next PPI around 14 years ago, problem is I have no idea what my account number was and have no paperwork!! please could someone advise on who to write/phone and how to obtain my account details
    many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You'd write to Next.
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi
    I had Next PPI around 14 years ago, problem is I have no idea what my account number was and have no paperwork!! please could someone advise on who to write/phone and how to obtain my account details
    many thanks

In 2015, PA(GI) was subject to a Companies Court judgement that directed that PA(GI) was liable to claimants for redress relating to creditor insurance policies underwritten by PA(GI) until 2006. Among these was Next Plc which sold the policies with its store card accounts.

You might find this link useful.

http://www.thephoenixgroup.com/customer-support/how-to-complain.aspx

"Between 1988 and 2004, PA (GI), which was a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Royal & Sun Alliance (R & SA) Group, sold creditor insurance policies, which included Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) through third party agents. Among these was the clothing retailer Next Plc, which sold the policies in connection with its store card accounts and personal loans.

If you think you were sold PPI in relation to your Next store card account or personal loan and would like to make a complaint, please contact us."
  • I have had successful claims against a couple of banks with the help of a claims company but for some reason they don’t/won’t (?) deal with Next.
    I opened a Directory account with Next many years ago (late 80s early 90s) and paid for PPI each month, purely as I guven the impression that it was a condition in order for me to be eligibile for their credit. I would have definitely opted out otherwise. I closed the account in 2013 and that was when I first became aware of the fact that PPI was no longer being charged. I have no idea when they stopped making the charges on my account and I don’t have any backdated statements, they were all paper and I destroyed any I had when the account closed. However, I do know my account number.
    I feel I have grounds for complaint but am going alone and don’t know the process. NEXT seem more difficult to contest against than others... but it sounds as if you managed it well. The turnaround time
    suggests there wasn’t too much to-ing and fro-big from them.
    Could you share the steps you took, and any tips / advice?
  • Hi, I’m new to this so still finding my feet with my posts.
    Would you have a look over my previous post and see if you can help... I know I have a claim to make against them as will many others - the PPI clock is ticking. Any guidance ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    All you need to do is submit your compaint, giving your reasons for mis sale.
  • Lacami wrote: »
    Could you share the steps you took, and any tips / advice?
    This thread is from 2011 and was last posted to in 2015. Then May this year,

Plenty of PPI refunds have been made by this seller.

I doubt the originator of this thread will be sharing anything with you, six years on from the last time he posted.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The claims company won't deal with them because they weren't regulated.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hi , I am going round in circles with next also , I called to ask if they could check to see if I had ppi , (I know i did ) they came back with a letter saying that my account was opened in 1989 and closed before 2013 so they have no records . I said well on the letter you have stated my correct account number from the account so you must be able to see something in my record ??? They came back and said no we can’t and that your account number has been re allocated to someone else !!! We can’t see your records so you can’t claim !!! Any help please
  • Hi , I have exactly the same problem but do have my account number , have you got anywhere with next ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure