[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am almost certain that the majority of the companies involved with SDR, are not fully aware of the tactics used in obtaining their customers details.

Each company involved gets paid a premium from SDR, whether it is per customer gained or as advertising fee, I am not sure.

One thng is obvious, for every customer SDR refunds, theres a thousand other's not refunded, or indeed currently aware they are being fleeced. Who would suspect that companies as big as Interflora or Trainline, would be responcable for theft of bank accounts on such a grand scale as this?

SDR claim publicly that such victims are aware they signed up, due to the fact they "manually" input their bank details to them. Which as far as I can see, is most certainly NOT the case.

Its clear (from day 1) SDR are raking in a healthy fortune from unsuspecting members of the public, paying off a paltry "few" who have been fortunate enough to discover this thread, is mere loose change to them.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • jackhulk
    jackhulk Posts: 135
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    marleyboy wrote: »
    I am almost certain that the majority of the companies involved with SDR, are not fully aware of the tactics used in obtaining their customers details..

I agree, but they cannot use that as an excuse. It's there responsibility to protect their customer’s details. After all, along with SDR, its there own reputation that will also be ruined by this scam. Plus, from reading previous posts where a good number of people have complained to the companies involved, it doesn’t really seem like they care and therefore are happy to continue ripping off their customers.

You simply don’t dream this sort of thing could happen with the large companies involved and it has really opened my eyes! I don’t normally get involved but this is totally unacceptable, so I will do everything possible to ensure as many people know about this, in the hope that I can help towards stopping this outrageous con.
  • I've just received an e-letter from Fragrance Direct encouraging me to sign up to this programme. Thanks to your posts, I know to steer clear but will also keep an eye out for any reference to it in future purchases. Thank you.
  • You can extend the list with

WIZZAIR.com

Well done wizzair to participate in this FRAUD!:T
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jackhulk wrote: »
    I agree, but they cannot use that as an excuse. It's there responsibility to protect their customer’s details. After all, along with SDR, its there own reputation that will also be ruined by this scam. Plus, from reading previous posts where a good number of people have complained to the companies involved, it doesn’t really seem like they care and therefore are happy to continue ripping off their customers.

You simply don’t dream this sort of thing could happen with the large companies involved and it has really opened my eyes! I don’t normally get involved but this is totally unacceptable, so I will do everything possible to ensure as many people know about this, in the hope that I can help towards stopping this outrageous con.
    Totally 150% agree with you, if I ran a company based on trust or reputation, the slightest complaint regarding anything "dodgy" I would want to look into thoroughly, surely these big names have had at least a few calls from disgruntled customers, at least enough to warrant it being looked into.

You are quite right that companies in general should not use ignorance as an excuse, which is pretty much what seems to be going on.

I simply cannot understand why any company with a positive reputation, would allow such outrageous "theft" from their loyal customers, to simply carry on like this.

Upto now only one or two companies have removed SDR from their sites, much credit to them for doing so.

As I said in this thread many moons back, the only way possible is to name and shame each company that allows this scam to continue.

Each victim of this scan also really needs to report it to watchdog, as much as they STILL do nothing to stop it, a bombardment of disgruntled victims, will inevitably leave them with no choice but to at least look into it.
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • I too discovered a £10.00 debit on my credit card to shoppers discount, investigated and read this site, looked back on statements and found I have been paying this since January, investigated further and this debit is as a result of buying flowers on line for my sister for christmas, December 08 and receiving a £15.00 off offer, of course I filled in the details, who wouldn't £15.00 off is a big discount..............How foolish! and how silly do I feel now. I contacted my bank, they were great, I didn't realise though that it isn't easy cancelling this type of debit, even changing my card wouldn't have helped, apparently. I also rang shoppers discount and was completely thrown by the fact that I didn't have to argue, I was offered an immediate refund (waiting for this) and they cancelled my so called membership. I then rang Interflora expressing my concern that they affiliate themselves with a company that are obviously enjoying a nice income from those of us who do not check their statements properly. Lesson learned this end. I still feel aggrieved though, this could have gone on for much longer. I am not complaining but why was it so easy for them to offer my money back (£80.00 ) and cancell my subscription? I didn't even have to rant..............
  • wary
    wary Posts: 786
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    justjennie wrote: »
    . I then rang Interflora expressing my concern that they affiliate themselves with a company that are obviously enjoying a nice income from those of us who do not check their statements properly. ......

What did Interflora say?
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    booked flights through ebookers, got the offer of the discount, clicked through it and saw what it was and closed the page. today £10 on our credit card statement, apparently if you enter you email address on the £10 page it allows them to take the money off your credit card you used with Ebookers !!!! they are refunding the £10 cannot believe we got stung by this.
  • sorry everybody,
    i've had a much more positive experience of sdr. i got offered £15 off my next national express fare when i bought a £2 funfare. i followed the links and signed up, and understood about cancelling. the first cheque i was sent was for £15, i was going to manchester a fair bit by coach, and my boyfriend was coming to london to see me. as long as i had the national express ticket confirmation sent to the email address i registered with sdr, they were happy to send me a cheque for cash back. as a member you get a £10 monthly bonus with national express, so each month you can get another £10 cheque back for a ticket. since the first month is free, i got £25 cash back for no fee and cancelled sharpish. not charges were made to my card. my boyfriend joined up and got the same. i joined again under a different card and email address and got £25 back again. i've just joined up again after a 4 month gap and got my £15 cashback cheque last week, with another £10 on it's way. i think if you just use the first month free and cancel it's a good offer..... for tarts like me anyway.
    :p
    topcashback to date £274.90
    quidco to date £112 :rotfl:
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    chigozieo wrote: »
    i think if you just use the first month free and cancel it's a good offer..... for tarts like me anyway.
    :p
    Which would be all fair enough, should you willingly sign up for the first month, there is a better chance of cancelling within that 1st month, as you would be more aware that you ARE signed up.

Simply signing up for you, for I guess "convenience" reasons, quite frankly, isn't good enough, maybe if they "conveniently" cancel it for you as well, it would be fairer.
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing