PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 11th January 2018

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Cold here again this morning I would just like to be able to stay in bed and keep warm and cosy for another few hours :D instead I am off to work with the very loud and needy Thursday group, I am always shattered after work but Thursdays are particularly tiring !

Something with chips for dinner tonight I will go and rummage in the freezer after this, I think there may be some breaded chicken portions in there somewhere.

Jackie my heart goes out to poor Margaret, its hard enough that she is losing her husband without having to do everything and be strong for her family I want to give her a big hug xx

Right I had better get moving, have good day all xx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

I didn't sleep well last night either - it was 2am before I fell asleep. No real reason for that. At 8pm I was so tired I could have happily gone to bed then so maybe I was over tired. It's looking like a cooking kind of day today. I need to make some soup as I'm back to healthy eating (appetite finally back after the virus). The cake/biscuit tin is also empty so I shall be making enquiries as to the HT's preferences before he heads off to school. Like dumpling I am hoping to do some more of my knitting today.

Thinking of Frank and Margaret and sending as much strength as I can to Margaret especially.

Take care all of you
  • A proper Good Morning to one & all.

To all those in pain, I am sending healing vibes through the ether. I am continually grateful to each of you for your inspiration and determination in everything you do.

Today the plan is to finish sorting the cupboard in the kitchen - I am aiming for at least a 25% reduction in what gets put back. The non returned stuff will be regifted, recycled or cs’d or in the case of edibles binned.

Then up to the bathroom - empty & clean bathroom cabinet then be brutal with contents. Then up the stepladder and a quick wash of the walls, woodwork etc. Then the wheedling can commence - my DH is decorating spare bedroom for my DSis moving in & is using bath as a repository for the decorating equipment! We also had a little 4 footed visitor last year so bath panel was removed to sort out the little blighters access point. Unfortunately DH still to do the full mending! So wheedling & bribery (some hm biscuits) so I can scrub all the porcelain and wash floor.

Now I have stated the plan, a cup of tea and then start!

Successes & “non-successes” will be reported tonight!

Have a good day everyone - positive, wellness & healing vibes to all who need or want them.

MrsSD��
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,294 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Morning Everyone,

Not been on for a few days. Had loads of paperwork regarding mom going into nursing home and from solicitor regarding getting deputyship. Well the cost of moms nursing home means I will be selling her home later this year-luckily she has savings to cover this year.
    I am back at work too.

Sending hugs to those who need them.

Have a good day all x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• Good morning everyone. Damp here, no doubt cold as well, but there doesn't seem to be any frost.
    I've got very little voice at the moment, it's been coming on for a few days, I know the symptoms. My throat seems to be a weak point.I'm croaking away, though it's not sore. Hope it doesn't develop any more than this.
    There seems to be a lot of illness and lack of motivation about. I must admit, i feel a bit "what's the point in anything" myself.
    I received news last night that an old friend is going into a hospice she's been ill for a few months, when I saw her last week I knew it couldn't be long.

I'm meeting up with someone I used to work with this morning, just in our town, so I can walk to the cafe. At the moment I don't feel like it, but I'll have to brighten myself up a bit.
    It's been a week for friends, I was in Newcastle yesterday meeting a friend that I don't see very often, we had a good gossip, but for some reason i was really tired on the bus home, and last night was nearly asleep in my chair, hey ho, I think my GUAG has cleared off too.

Nmlc, I see that you are thinking of a rota system for hospital visiting - we've done this with various family members over the years, and it's much better than trying to go every day, especially when you're working as well.
    I hope all the poorly people pick up a bit. It's a miserable time of year which doesn't help.

Having cheered everyone up no end, I'll b***er off.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Drizzly and grey here in Essex this morning Dolly has been walked and has taken up her usual position on the top of the sofa.
    Today I will be cleaning the floors need washing so i will get on with that in a bit after a cuppa
    Jackie O gentle hugs to you and Margaret as well as all the family
    Hugs to all those who need them wether struggling with illness or a stressful situation
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • Gooooooooood morning :)

Yesterday evening I played football, first time in a good few weeks, so there was some rust but it was good to be back with the boys. Heavy fog set in half way through the game, so it made for quite an atmospheric match. Didn't really do too much aside from that.

Today is Thursday, which signals date night with my gran. I think she said roast beef was on the menu. As always, really looking forward to it. I've not had much of a chance to catch up with her of late due to illness so it'll be a good chin wag.

I'll probably leave around 9pm, so I'll head home, get sorted and have an early night I recon.

Jackie - May his passing be peaceful. Thinking of you and Margaret today.
    Gers - Are you out Campbeltown direction? I was there golfing last year and I remember the journey back being a similair one.
  • Good morning
    JackieO poor Margaret, such a difficult time, my thoughts are with you all.

Hugs to all those who need or want one.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hi chums thank you for your kind love and support Its awful knowing there is so little one can do for her.I eventually got off to sleep about three and was wide awake again by 7 so I think today will be a very quiet day doing not a great deal.

This morning maybe I will have the wireless on and just have a lie down on the sofa and maybe the background noise will send me off for a nap.
    I think my disturbed night is a combination of joint pain which has eased a bit and thinking about my friend Margaret .

Having been where she is now 14 years ago, and knowing there is nothing practical one can do its so sad.She is a lovely lady and I have known her for over 40 years.from when my DD and her son started courting (now there is an old fashioned word ) We have had many laughs together over the years and unlike a lot of 'out-laws' we have always got on very well.

When she was diagnosed 18 months before me with breast cancer in 2005 I was her person who kept her spirits up, as she was when I had my diagnosis in 2007.

We both had the same op. for a mastectomy and bonded even more Even though our mutual grandchildren were very upset we both said 'Don't worry we will be OK'
    Our grandson Danny was devastated at the time .he thought it so unfair that both his Grandma's had been struck by the same thing.

But we survived and recovered thank goodness.When I sadly lost my OH in 2003 she was there for me and was so kind. Now sadly I will be returning the favour. A very special lady is 'our Margaret' I too hope he passes in peace.

But thank you all for your thoughts and prayers

love and stuff

JackieO xxx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning lovelies :wave:

Jackiemum Im with you on the joint pain agony this morning. BBC weather should contact us. Hope Frank passes peacefully and soon its been so hard on Margaret.

Enjoyed my savoy special last night but I think Gordon Ramsey may have had something to say about my slightly lumpy white sauce. Usually turns out perfect but the same recipe and same technique resulted in a few lumps.

Off to see my new orthopaedic doctor today. Im torn really as I would prefer to have my op in my own town rather than having to travel so far to the other hospital but it is a real centre of excellence ..in fact the hip replacement was invented there so the treatment should be good. Hoping he will be able to give me an idea as to the list length ...it doesn't bode well with all the news of cancelled hip ops but at least this hospital doesn't have an A+E so hoping they are not so manic.

Fancy an all day brekky tonight so have got a big pack of sausages out then I can do a sausage casserole tomorrow

Right best get on have a great day all:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport