Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Baity wrote: »
    Used to use parcel2go, but out that they just sub their work out to other carriers, best to try and find out who they use then go direct and save yourself some money.
    Have a look but you usually get worse rates going direct. P2G and similar companies bulk buy and negotiate very cheap rates to sell on.

Parcel delivery is a cut-throat business and most of them are not very good at customer service. The vast majority of parcels are delivered fine but it's inevitable that some go astray. Ultimately they depend on drivers rushed off their feet to do hundreds of deliveries and collections and mistakes will happen.
  • Brief summary: I have a gift to send to friends in the US. Booked a collection through Parcel2go.com following recommendation on this website. Stayed in today (Thursday) from 8am to 8pm but no-one came to collect. No phone number to contact the company, only webchat. After calling out the robot 'Jake' (who lied to me that he was a human) I got real person 'Lissette'. The best she could offer me was another 8am to 8pm collection on Monday (no-go for Friday, or a shortened time slot to assist me, or me to drop the parcel off on Friday). She offered a refund of the £18.59, or I could accept a £20 credit for my next booking. I literally LOL'd. Anyway, I have the refund and I've booked elsewhere, this time with P4D and a drop-off at a local Spar shop. Fingers crossed!

TLDR: don't use Parcel2go.com, their service and customer service are rubbish.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hamish1966 wrote: »
    Brief summary: I have a gift to send to friends in the US. Booked a collection through Parcel2go.com following recommendation on this website. Stayed in today (Thursday) from 8am to 8pm but no-one came to collect. No phone number to contact the company, only webchat. After calling out the robot 'Jake' (who lied to me that he was a human) I got real person 'Lissette'. The best she could offer me was another 8am to 8pm collection on Monday (no-go for Friday, or a shortened time slot to assist me, or me to drop the parcel off on Friday). She offered a refund of the £18.59, or I could accept a £20 credit for my next booking. I literally LOL'd. Anyway, I have the refund and I've booked elsewhere, this time with P4D and a drop-off at a local Spar shop. Fingers crossed!

TLDR: don't use Parcel2go.com, their service and customer service are rubbish.

Parcel2go didnt miss your collection,the company you chose did.....
    The carrier you chose doesnt offer timeslots,they also dont have slots available Friday.
  • martindow
    Anyway, I have the refund and I've booked elsewhere, this time with P4D and a drop-off at a local Spar shop. Fingers crossed!
    I've stopped dropping parcels off at local shops as I've found that quite frequently they are not picked up until a day later even though they are left before the advertised cut off time. I'm fortunate that UPS and DPD have depots locally and I now drive a little further and drop off parcels there.
  • custardy wrote: »
    Parcel2go didnt miss your collection,the company you chose did.....
    The carrier you chose doesnt offer timeslots,they also dont have slots available Friday.

The company I chose WAS Parcel2go. Booked on their website, they were the only name showing, it was their 'Customer Service' I tried to get to help me out. No idea who they use as intermediaries but they're the name on the box, maybe they should choose better.
  • custardy
    The company I chose WAS Parcel2go. Booked on their website, they were the only name showing, it was their 'Customer Service' I tried to get to help me out. No idea who they use as intermediaries but they're the name on the box, maybe they should choose better.

no the booking agent you chose was Parcel2go.
    A range of couriers

Having options is important. We understand that. That’s why we work with dozens of different couriers -- including DPD, UPS, TNT and Parcelforce -- each offering their own unique perks and post prices.

so when you ran the quote and they offered you a choice of couriers,you chose the one called Parcel2go?
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2017 at 3:41AM
    Has anyone noticed how when searching for Parcelsplease the Parce2Go Ad on google now shows:
    Parcelsplease - Look No Further Than Parcel2Go - Parcel2Go.com

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parcelsplease

Parcelsplease is a different delivery broker with better reviews. Not all fantastic but no where near as bad as parcels2go.
  • martindow
    Has anyone noticed how when searching for Parcelsplease the Parce2Go Ad on google now shows:
    Parcelsplease - Look No Further Than Parcel2Go - Parcel2Go.com

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parcelsplease

Parcelsplease is a different delivery broker with better reviews. Not all fantastic but no where near as bad as parcels2go.
    On trustpilot both have 4* . P2G is based on nearly 20 000 reviews and parcelsplease is based on 5.

Is this a new company trying to up its profile on forums?
  • I sent a parcel to New Zealand using Parcel2go on 30/11/17, dropping off at a Parcelshop. This contained £200 worth of Christmas presents for my family, including 3 grandchildren. It has still not arrived today (20/12/17). Tracking lies, telling that there was an attempted delivery on 02/12/17, then, that it only arrived in the destination country on 08/12/17. I am today told that it "APPEARS" to be in Transit. The Courier that they used was Hermes, who didn't want to know as I had booked through Parcel2go, whose Customer Service is terrible, not answering messages. My family will have no presents from us for christmas. I would thoroughly recommend that no-one uses Parcel2go, as they DON'T even guarantee that your parcel will arrive. Not looking forward to trying to get compensation, even though it was insured. Merry Christmas everyone.
  • custardy
    socopaul wrote: »
    I sent a parcel to New Zealand using Parcel2go on 30/11/17, dropping off at a Parcelshop. This contained £200 worth of Christmas presents for my family, including 3 grandchildren. It has still not arrived today (20/12/17). Tracking lies, telling that there was an attempted delivery on 02/12/17, then, that it only arrived in the destination country on 08/12/17. I am today told that it "APPEARS" to be in Transit. The Courier that they used was Hermes,You chose who didn't want to know as I had booked through Parcel2go, yup whose Customer Service is terrible, not answering messages. My family will have no presents from us for christmas. I would thoroughly recommend that no-one uses Parcel2go, as they DON'T even guarantee that your parcel will arrive. Not looking forward to trying to get compensation, even though it was insured. Merry Christmas everyone.

You chose Hermes,I have no idea who they use in NZ. Do you thing P2G are in NZ falsifying tracking details?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback