IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice £180!!!

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Prior to the recipient receiving your letter, is there any evidence that the company knew of your mother's disability? If not, then how were they to know that the person occupying the disabled space was not 100% able bodied??
    But Guy's Dad, they (service providers and traders) do not need to know about individuals to be discriminating.

A service provider MUST make reasonable adjustments to policies (including time limits) in advance, in anticipation of the need of disabled people 'at large'. That's what 'indirect' discrimination is all about and it's why policies need to pay regard to equality issues.

Indirect discrimination occurs when an organisation's practices, policies or procedures have the effect of disadvantaging people who share certain protected characteristics.

Indirect discrimination may not be unlawful if an employer can show a 'proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim' but the service provider would have to have solid evidence to show it was proportionate and that the needs of the disabled (slower) population at large had been considered in advance, when the policy was formulated.

A PPC will not be able to show that because they will have imposed the time limit for profit.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lloydstsbstolemylife
    lloydstsbstolemylife Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2016 at 6:33PM
    Options
    Lidls have not offered to intercede and help, they have sent me a email saying they want info, proof of various things and my permission to appeal to their Car Park Management company...which im assuming is Athena, they just want to get me to appeal.

All email addresses to Ronny Gottschlich have got a full stop after his first name. They just haven't updated any of the email systems.

why all the contradicting advice?

I really want to get this right, not for myself but for my mother, she cant take things like this, if it was me I would just ignore it and tell them to come get it, as I have done with Lloystsb, but this time it involves my mother so I can't. So you can understand why I want to make sure I get everything correct.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But Guy's Dad, they (service providers and traders) do not need to know about individuals to be discriminating.

A service provider MUST make reasonable adjustments to policies (including time limits) in advance, in anticipation of the need of disabled people 'at large'. That's what 'indirect' discrimination is all about and it's why policies need to pay regard to equality issues.

Your argument fails because in order to make a provision in advance for disabled drivers to have additional time over able-bodied, they have to extend the parking time for all drivers to a period that would suit all. And even then, if a disabled driver took longer than that, there would be complaints. So the logical extrapolation would be 24-hour unrestricted parking.

Or there could be a way whereby disabled drivers could give their Reg Numbers to customer services. But would that not be, so some people, discriminatory?

I am not making any arguments for or against disabled driving provisions on this thread. Others are better informed that I am on that issue.

My point was a simple one - if you have an offer to intercede, however wrong you feel the reasons were you got ticketed, that ain't the time to bite the hand that potentially offers to feed you. Do that, with your solutions to make things better, after you get the ticket cancelled.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lidls have not offered to intercede and help, they have sent me a email saying they want info, proof of various things and my permission to appeal to their Car Park Management company...which im assuming is Athena, they just want to get me to appeal..

You need to understand that Lidl themselves can not cancel your ticket. Your charge is from the PPC and only they can cancel the charge. Lidl can instruct them to do so but they need to have the details they have asked for to confirm what you say and to provide a NtK reference to the PPC.

You have nothing to lose at this stage by going along with the Lidl request and doing so in a way that doesn't pi$$ them off.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no conflicting advice!

We have all told you to complain to Lidl...just complain to Lidl then on the one email that you know is working, and supply your proof of shopping, Blue Badge, etc. Give them what they are asking for but don't call it an ''appeal''...this is like pulling teeth. Everyone else manages to get their Lidl PCNs cancelled easily, and so will you.
    there could be a way whereby disabled drivers could give their Reg Numbers to customer services. But would that not be, so some people, discriminatory?
    That's exactly the sort of thing that IS required under the Act. Something like that would be taking positive steps and indeed, 'positive discrimination' in favour of disabled people is sometimes needed.

That was shown in the cases DMUK took further, where Norwich and Lincoln Councils had to change their rules in favour (positively discriminating) for disabled people, to avoid a court case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lloydstsbstolemylife
    Options
    This is the response i received from Lidl's.

Dear Mr Walker

Re: Your Contact

Thank you for taking the time to contact our CEO. I have been asked to respond to you on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted Athena and have requested that these charges be cancelled and that you be added to our list of blue badge holders which will entitle you to three hours of free parking in this store. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Stephanie Hamilton
    Customer Services Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
    [E] customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on our
    #LidlSurprises advertising campaign visit lidl.co.uk/surprises

Yay! thanks for all the help guys. Especially chrisotherwise regarding the letter i nicked from you. I'm so happy this has gone, just had my flat flooded from person upstairs so i needed this ^^ :T:T:T:T
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Perhaps you should ask Ms Hamilton if that "blue badge holder list" is publicised either in store or in car-park notices so that other people who want that extra time can be included on it. I bet it's not, so how can other disabled drivers know about it?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 8:21PM
    Options
    In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted Athena and have requested that these charges be cancelled and that you be added to our list of blue badge holders which will entitle you to three hours of free parking in this store. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Stephanie Hamilton
    Customer Services Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
    [E] customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on our
    #LidlSurprises advertising campaign visit lidl.co.uk/surprises

Yay! thanks for all the help guys. Especially chrisotherwise regarding the letter i nicked from you. I'm so happy this has gone, just had my flat flooded from person upstairs so i needed this ^^ :T:T:T:T

Firstly well done :T

It makes me sick that these companies use the "this one occasion" utter rubbish .... clearly Stephanie Hamilton thinks you are a pleb ?

Clearly Stephanie Hamilton is the pleb for thinking you will ever shop at Lidl again.

But, hereby is a problem which myself and Pappa-golf on here debated today ..... IS LIDL THE PARKING VERMIN ????

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71461337#post71461337
  • kayola
    kayola Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    hello folks,

I am in similar problem of parking tickets, i was parking in a shopping mall area in a place near where i work because i am still processing my carpass, Unfortunately i have been slammed by parking tickets for overstaying from Horizon Parking, bad enough my mrs have provided my details as the vehicle is in her name and she was very scared,The major issue is i work in Bristol while our permanent address is in Preston, Very good important message was that it was not a sticking message but a camera at the site records when you come in and when you leave. Honestly i dont know how to handle this, i am not too sure whether to follow Alehazi and Coupon-Mad advice. Please you guys should help me. I saw a favourable decision by Eileen Ioannou(Assessor Name)Please how should i handle this. I am shouting for help from forum members.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kayola wrote: »
    hello folks,

I am in similar problem of parking tickets, i was parking in a shopping mall area in a place near where i work because i am still processing my carpass, Unfortunately i have been slammed by parking tickets for overstaying from Horizon Parking, bad enough my mrs have provided my details as the vehicle is in her name and she was very scared,The major issue is i work in Bristol while our permanent address is in Preston, Very good important message was that it was not a sticking message but a camera at the site records when you come in and when you leave. Honestly i dont know how to handle this, i am not too sure whether to follow Alehazi and Coupon-Mad advice. Please you guys should help me. I saw a favourable decision by Eileen Ioannou(Assessor Name)Please how should i handle this. I am shouting for help from forum members.

This thread is about Lidl and Athena Parking. It has nothing to do with Horizon Parking. The forum has a rule of 'One Issue, One Thread'.

You first need to calm down and read the newbies FAQ sticky which is located near the top of the forum thread list, one page back from here. It contains all the information you need to handle this PCN for yourself. At this early stage you need read only list #1 of the sticky, and refer to post #2 for acronym explanation.

You will need to do research and put in your own effort to deal with this. Your first post gives the impression that you expect someone here to deal with it for you. Won't happen, I'm afraid - far too many cases 24/7/365.

Please start a new thread should there be something in the sticky you don't understand. No more inputs on this thread please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport