MoneySaving Poll: How good is your mobile network's service & coverage?

Former_MSE_Sam_M
Former_MSE_Sam_M Posts: 346 Forumite
edited 18 August 2015 at 12:10PM in MoneySaving polls
Poll started 17 August 2015

How good is your mobile network's service & coverage?

We want to find out how each provider rates both for service (how they treat you) and coverage (how strong the signal is when you need it).

In truth there are only four main networks providing signals, the rest use these but under their own brand (see our mobile networks guide for who piggybacks who). Yet vote for the firm that provides your mobile phone bill, as signal can differ.

Please vote for your current provider based on customer service AND coverage over the last year.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• 9411john
    9411john Posts: 20 Forumite
    Recently tried BT Mobile. Cannot fault BT but as they piggyback on EE can fault EE. Coverage checker say my home and daughters home both in 4g signal area with 100% signal. In my home all services OK (messaging, interenet etc.) but could not hear caller at other end though they could here me. Proved this was down to EE network by trying another SIM and phone. EE had no idea what was wrong and wanted me to make test calls and record all details. At my daughters no signal at all! EE of no hope at all - kept saying no network faults and signal 100%. Guess what, returned to Giffgaff.
  • Sylje
    Sylje Posts: 7 Forumite
    Glad to see Giffgaff are doing rather well in the survey, I've been with them since Martin first recommended them and really enjoy being a member and reading the forums. Still have the iPhone 4s he recommended too! I'm not a great believer in needing to have the latest model :)

I'm not a great user of mobiles either, so don't use a Goodybag, just pay as I go (which Giffgaff recommended) - and that's remarkably cost effective for me. My payback stays on my phone to fund my use.
  • I live in Merrow just outside of Guildford and for the last ten years have had great coverage with O2. Recently, this has deteriorated to no signal, or poor signal, in quite a vast area around where I live. I have complained to the CEO's office and they keep coming up with the same questions about exact area coverage, whether I am inside or outside etc. They have said that the poor coverage that became a news item had been dealt with. It has not! I have checked with friends on different phones and schemes and they are all experiencing the same poor signal problem in the area. This is simply poor service, nothing more, nothing less!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure