Selling Books on Green Metropolis Discussion (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ive got a lot of video's to sell, has anyone got a site like this that does the sale of video's. its just ive got so many and on ebay they go for nothing, IF THEY EVEN SELL AT ALL.

Thanks if you reply :)

I haven't heard of any. I think videos are probably quite hard to sell now. The lady in my local charity shop said they are getting tons of videos being donated to them because everyone is switching to DVD. The charity shop has even resorted to doing a BOGOF offer on videos to try and get rid of them!

Perhaps a car boot sale might be a better option for videos? Then you can pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap!
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    :T :T :T :T Thank you ayla - I shall certainly look into that - especially as it comes with a double recommendation from Murtle! :j :j :j

only just notiecd this one!! Hiya Queenie!! Good to see you again :beer:

x x x

I buy lots of books from Greenmetropolis. ;)

Just found out I've sold another one on there so quite happy, just got to post it in the morning!

x x
  • Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greenmetropolis is a great site as its hassle free, free to list and they dont expire. I personally didnt have great success on there though. I did sell a small amount of book s however after branching out I found my uni books flew out on Amazon and my novel type books sell better on ebay. I guess you just have to find what works best for you and your books but its good to knwo of all the options out there.

Just one small point with GM. I am sure its states that all books should be posted first class? I stopped using them a while back but I am sure to achieve one day delivery one of their conditions was that as a seller the prices advertsied stipulated first class. I guess if you can guarantee posting out on the day a listing ends you might get away with posting second but I just wanted to point that out to any new users. If thats no longer correct I am sure someone will be along shortly to correct that.

Good luck to you fellow book sellers. :cool:
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
  • OllieLong
    OllieLong Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    Blairweech wrote:
    I think Green Metropolis actually list on Amazon as well. Some books I've bought, when looking throught the Marketplace sellers, 'green_metropolis' is listed, and it says in their blurb about donating money to the forest.
    I listed the same books on both Amazon and GM and noticed that when I went to list it on Amazon GM had the same book in the same condition! I think they list the same books that users list on their site.
  • lionpops
    lionpops Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Recycle your old books on this site http://www.greenmetropolis.com

Receive £3 minus postage for each book you sell or buy the latest best seller second hand for £3.75.
  • knithappens
    knithappens Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Options
    Yes i just signed up on this site. Ethical too which i like.
  • deecy
    deecy Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    this is cool, thanks
    Wedding Professional
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Board Guide Note:

I've merged two threads together as they both relate to www.greenmetropolis.com

Sorry for any confusion. :)
  • VeryStressedMummy
    Options
    I sold something on Green Metropolis!!!!

I'm shocked - they've been on there for months.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0022 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    Boomdocker wrote:
    Just one small point with GM. I am sure its states that all books should be posted first class? I stopped using them a while back but I am sure to achieve one day delivery one of their conditions was that as a seller the prices advertsied stipulated first class. I guess if you can guarantee posting out on the day a listing ends you might get away with posting second but I just wanted to point that out to any new users. If thats no longer correct I am sure someone will be along shortly to correct that.

Good luck to you fellow book sellers. :cool:

I just found this on GM's FAQ's:

Who pays for postage?The seller pays for postage for all books sent. As most standard sized paperbacks weigh between 200g and 350g, the cost of sending using second class post is between 58p and 94p, therefore the £3.00 we pay for every book sold is usually more than enough to cover postage costs and still provides a contribution to the original purchase costs. However when adding a hardback or large format paperback for sale, our system automatically recognises the book and enables the seller to select a postage payment (which is then paid by the buyer) based on the information we have on our database, regarding the books size, weight and recommended retail price. This postage payment is paid in addition to the £3.00 book payment in order to cover the extra postage charges to posting a heavier book. Most postage payments range from 50p to £4.50 depending on the particular book.

So, good news - we can post 2nd Class.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure