Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    :rotfl:the photos in the book are beautiful.:rotfl:yep,its our only supermarket in town at the mo but aldi opens end of next month,booths wont know whats hit them.:D:rotfl:

I bet you don't shop in town!

:D:D:D
    My phone number appears next to yours on cheeky!!!!!.com :p:rotfl::rotfl:

I'll answer both together - said person runs a private practice but wasn't getting any work because the information an a particular website was well out of date - I said to change it to mine straight away to stop them losing any more business and now I am paid by my company to work for them directly. Person does know that the company pays me. I shall look it at as an early Christmas present I think :cool:

I have my number marker penned to the fence post..... dead posh where I live!!

It is really lovely that your hard work and commitment has been recognised, but I would proceed with caution x
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    You will be running out of time soon. :eek:

I know, you would not believe that I am offering them free alcohol and food. :o:o:o
  • I bet you don't shop in town!

:D:D:D

I have my number marker penned to the fence post..... dead posh where I live!!

It is really lovely that your hard work and commitment has been recognised, but I would proceed with caution x

I know, you would not believe that I am offering them free alcohol and food. :o:o:o

nope but i did used to work for them.:rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Got mine the first Wednesday of October, so they could have changed it. Or it was just slow coming to my gmail maybe ?
    See what others say. :)

We used hotmail and btyahoo emails. :)
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hope you are having a lovely relaxing time hampy.......if you have nothing to do and you are feeling a bit bored on the sunbed this afternoon could you see if you can find an online glitch that'll keep me out of mischief tonight:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: will let you know TM, yes having a lovely time thank you.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Anyone grow Elephant garlic? I'm thinking it might be mild.

Yep, me has. Can grow up to the size of a man's fist :eek:. Mine were quite large and agree, mild tasting not too strong (oo er missus) :rotfl:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    i had a bit of a money dilemma this week. I was very kindly given a cheque by someone I'm doing some work for, but I'm paid by my company to do this persons work. It was a very generous payment compared to the work I've done :o I tried to decline it but was told that I should keep it :A the cheque is still waiting for me to decide whether I should bank it or not :o:o

As already said now that I have caught up and seen, make sure it does not put you in breach of contract, it may be an idea to clear it with your employer first before cashing it. A bonus is lovely, but not worth getting fired over.
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

5 days until I go on holiday, getting very excited.

Me too :beer:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    juju17 wrote: »
    The 4 pack of Mahou lager is worth adding to shopping in S....£4 and £2.50 CB on cos
    I got three today (sep shops) two with £6.00 wine and one with free carling and a baking tray

I could not fill my car with the last £10.00 of fuel £8.87 only plus 2 sweets Thanks to the op who mentioned it

I am well chuffed 8 shops inc 2 petrol and £45 of points just booze DH is filling his van it will only take 2 maybe 3 lots He filled at a non participating branch on Friday

Off to catch up
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why does my iPhone insist on zooming in on the cashback apps after I have lined up the receipt :mad:. Driving me crackers, as is autocorrect :o.

Anon
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    Why does my iPhone insist on zooming in on the cashback apps after I have lined up the receipt :mad:. Driving me crackers, as is autocorrect :o.

Anon

Morning oh afternoon I'm another late riser today, 11.30 :eek: but I didn't go to bed till 3am, normally in bed by 10 in the week :rotfl::rotfl:

I uploaded 4 receipts on cos yesterday, with in a minute of doing the last one I had emails one after another to say they had be processed, all went through successfully too.
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2016 at 1:16PM
    Last couple of days I felt like i've been punched in the jaw, couldn't fathom what it was as it affecting the lower right canine. Turns out my wisdom tooth is coming through and looks like this tooth is being squeezed inwards. Wisdom teeth have caused me nothing but trouble - small mouth you see :D

Raining here so been having a lazy weekend.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Dam you M&S. Still no email saying to collect my order yet. I ordered a few days ago, so thought it would be ready to collect by Sunday. :mad: Infact Im sure I saw somewhere that it should be ready by 12MD Sunday. But to wait for email
    Will just have to go to sains and play bingo instead :D. Get the M&S another day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure