Time to start again

Options

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hoping all things work out for you.

As someone said earlier, they do tend to side with the mother, BUT my OH has full custody of his 3 girls, and their mum is only allowed supervised contact, so do stay strong and stay positive :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Well what a perfect fantastic day I have had I am so buzzing right now that I am possibly doing double backflips and shooting thunderbolts out of my fingertips I think with a positive mind you have to look at the day see what you have gained from it and then be thankful however small Thanks to Mr bloater I went to the school today it was an awesome experience and gained so much positivities one thing that has been gained from the school is a couple of things they listened to what I had to say, and they could see that I was genuine, not a person that was getting revenge on a ex someone that was showing genuine concern about his daughter, and looking for a successful outcome so much so that I was invited to an afternoon session at the school ' A parent support group ' I simply loved it talking to like minded adults supporting one another and we even did arts and crafts, we made a shoe box and decorated it to our taste and the purpose of it is to fill it with items that reminds you of your child so when you are feeling sad pick up the box and happy thoughts all the way, so I had all this a support network that is going to support me and listened to me, and will support my daughter plus reports and letters sent to my home, phew also I have been to the solicitors and they have moved my date forward by a week so I will see them now on Wednesday instead of April 2 and my mum is seeing her solicitor tomorrow. Today has been a non spend day for me aswell :T
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is wonderful news HD

After reading it I am :j :j: :j :j :j :j :j

Hope you sleep well.......good night :A
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So pleased HD, and :T to Mr B for suggesting it. The support on here is great, and how wonderful when something that actually makes a difference is given :j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Hey good morning hope everyone is well, more snow over nights twelve hour shift ahead and for the first time in a couple of days I am proper buzzing well stay sAfe stay warm and most of all be happy
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    I have had agreat morning and I have the bonus that someone is going to buy me my dinner :) happydays x
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy Daddy, You sound so Cheery & Upbeat, that if I were nearer, Id buy you your dinner just to bask in the happy glow with you :D
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Hiya well I am at work I am singing my heart out to karaoke but I have a small issue mum has contacted me she cannot get hold of a solicitor ASAP there is some kind of ruling coming into place April first I don't know what it is I wonder what going on I think it something to do with legal aid
  • dorothy52
    dorothy52 Posts: 457 Forumite
    Options
    Re legal aid - I didn't want to worry you earlier, but I have heard that legal aid will not be available in matrimonial or family cases; and this is where the costs start ramping up. It also means of course that your ex will not be allowed it, however as you and your mum are the petitioners it will be up to you to take her to court, and of course there is no guarantee that she would attend.

Is there no way that you can resolve this amicably? ie without involving the courts? I am really on your side, you know this, and I hope that some of our friends on here can give some insightful information.

With the benefit of hindsight, we should not have put ourselves through two years of misery and expense, and should have tried reasoning with the ex wife.

Stay strong my friend and let us know how you go on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure