PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Comments

• katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi in again this week -thanks for lists.
    Lounge is perfect for today as house looks bit neglected and seem to have paperwork everywhere so will start on that.
    Bit overcast at the moment so fingers crossed it brightens up in time for dog walk.
    Going to ring sports centre and see if timetable back to normal after school holidays-hope it is.
    Hope day goes well for those going back to work/school.
    Hugs
    katiecat x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thank you for the lists.

Wm is on
    Bed stripped and re made
    Rubbish is out
    Bleach in toilets
    Kitchen sorted

Got to:-
    Check on money and move around
    Hoover whole house
    Dust
    Make food list and then get food
    I want to cut the lawn but it is sort of drizzling

I'll return later
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • WM on and TD drying bed sheets washed at night

I'll struggle with putting away anything that isn't meant to be there - blokes should be here soon to give much needed change to my kitchen cabinets, the whole place feels like it's in a pickle - ridiculous how much stuff I've crammed into kitchen :eek:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    I'm always shocked by how much stuff there is in the kitchen, Cheeky Girrl.

Thank you Natty and Valli for the lists. Sitting room straightened and not looking too shabby. I might do a bit more later.
    Better is good enough.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 September 2017 at 9:35AM
    Massive hugs to those who need them. I hope Pixie's school uniform is found very soon pigpen.

I have two days with medical appointments in far off towns. The travelling time seems such a waste of time. I usually write menu plans, but I did that yesterday. I can tidy my phone's files but haven't thought of anything else productive. It is an hour each way.

My own list for today,
    Phone BT
    Check credit files and get mistake corrected
    Cut out bag I really need to make for friend.
    Renew library books
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    bedroom DESTROYED ... where in the name of all things chocolatey is that chuffing uniform??????????

College rang for OH.. there was someone else I needed to ring but I cannot for the life of me think who..

DD2 has been bossed to sort her stuff in the front room or I will.. they LOVE it when I sort their stuff.. I am quite ruthless and very good at stacking!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Thank you for the lists Valli and natty
    I'm in but slightly off list
    Hugs good wishes and posi vibes for all who need them
    The wedding is on Friday so we have pre wedding sleepover on Thursday for dd3(bride) dd2(bridesmaid) dgs(ring security) stepgrandchildrenx2 plus the rabbits that will be arriving then and will spend honeymoon period with us. It will be a full house!
    I'm still knitting lace to go round final flower girl bolero (got the others finished this is the last and thankfully smallest) marzipaned the fruitcake I made yesterday so that's gone to have sponge layers added and icing.
    Hair dye is bought but needs doing, mani and pedi booked managed to get Friday off work, have swapped afterschool shifts for other days but am in doing overtime Thursday morning
    Plus I've been signed up FINALLY for a classrooom assistants course so have that to pull in as well. Still it wouldn't be be if I wasn't rushing round doing eight things at once would it.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well not a good start, woke up to a message that it's the funeral of my keyworker from when I was in my children's home... I'm still coming to terms that she has died but wasn't expecting the funeral to be so quick. So that's both the workers that were really instrumental in getting me through the time I was in care without going off the rails..and guiding me in the right directions and getting me used to men again, gone within a space of a month of each other. :(

So I've been up but just sitting on the sofa watcing Matthew Wright, shall have a shower and get dressed now I think. Although what to wear is a conundrum as my brain is telling me it's like autumn outside, all grey, drizzly and murky and cold, but in actual fact it's actually quite warm even though it's grey, drizzly and murky...lol

Dave is still working from home, he's on stronger chemo drugs now plus they've given him some other tablets to take.. He'll be rattling at this rate..lol

I've also got my list to do over the next two weeks as I want the house looking good before we go away, and as my cleaner is coming in to feed the cats I don't want to leave it looking bad for her..lol

Natty's List
    • Cull magazines under t.v.
    • Throw out magazines
    • Put suitcase, for holiday, in spare room
    • Dusty living room
    • Tidy and clean kitchen windowsill
    • Clean kitchen cupboard fronts
    • Clean kitchen floor
    • Put a nice candle on
    • Clear corner shelf in kitchen, by back door.
    • Clean windows indoors
    • Sort out area by wall in living room - put in proper storage
    • Scrub and clean outside food bin
    • Continue dead heading front and back gardens
    • Clear out porch - be ruthless
    • Write letters to pen pals
    • Sort out growing pile in bedroom
    • Be kind to myself

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1
    Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    [STRIKE]Empty Bins[/STRIKE]
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    [STRIKE]Attend to cut flowers and pot plants[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3
    Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras
    Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries
    Make any routine appointments
    HHI
    And if the kiddiwinks have gone back to school and you have time at home alone, then sit down with a book, and a cuppa, and RELAX for half and hour. If you haven't got any kids relax anyway...if reading's not your bag what about a nice, long UNINTERRUPTED bath...or snooze... you get the idea;)
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Hugs natty, sorry to hear that.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    I have 3 girls all currently screaming.. that ear piercing blood curdling scream that boys don't ever do.. please may I duct tape their mouths shut and hang them on coat hangers in next doors tree?

I fed them and watered them and they are STILL screaming..

I will not yell.. I will not yell.. I will not yell..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts