New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Options

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Options
    9.6% beanie.

No, I can't do anything any earlier, unfortunately. My fixed rate doesn't actually end until end of January but they will allow me to do it 3 months earlier without penalty, so this is the best I can do without it costing a bit. As my mortgage is still £116k, the penalty for trying to get out of it any quicker is quite steep and wipes out the benefits of switching!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for working that out for me :)

Got you on the remortgage.
    Hopefully then interest rates will stay as they are til the end of October then.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubblycrazy
    Options
    I'm on the same countdown until I can remortgage, 41 days!
    MFW - Original balance 28/08/2014 £52850
    Original MF date: 2049:eek: Aiming for: 2025 Current MFD: 2030
    Balance 27/07/2016 £49990
    Balance 08/07/2017 £47999
    Balance 30/07/2018 £44500
    Balance 01/08/2019 £40700
    Balance 03/09/2020 £37619
    Balance 30/09/2021 £33983
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Well the last 41 days have gone quickly so let's hope the next 41 do too and that the MPC keep their rate rises to themselves for a little while longer!!

Today's MFW "big plan" move has been to open another separate current account....this one solely for matched betting and similar gambling/risk taking things....that way, I know I am never risking the mortgage or bills money and don't have to worry about how long cash is tied up in bookies' accounts etc. When I did it before, it was very much fly by the seat of my pants stuff.....this time I am giving myself a little more discipline and a lot less stress (hopefully!!).

I'll start reading the MB thread over the weekend and will start when my new Debit card arrives.
  • beanielou
    Options
    II have never understood matching betting sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Betterthanever
    Options
    It took me a while, beanie. It's ok once you get used to it but if it goes wrong it hurts, so if you're unsure it is best to stay away. I'll see how I get on with reading this weekend before I decide whether to take the plunge again!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I took the plunge again a couple of years ago, and didn't stick by my previous safety nets, made a hash of one bet (only cost me £3 and I'd gathered more than that) but I just didn't have the head space to carry on with it. If I get my pension lifestyle derisking carried out this month, as I plan, I might yet join you :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I've started reading it....I will make sure I'm sure before I get going....I don't want to lose what I have built up so far, but on the other hand I know there is money there to be made and now might well be the time to make it!!

Payday today so money moved to the various pots....it's the first one since I created my new plan for the future so I was quite excited to so it this morning. I just hope it works as well in reality as it did on paper!!

Another £5 requested from SB too. And the sun is shining!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    You will be good at the matched betting.
    Have a good weekend.

• Betterthanever
    Options
    Thanks beanie.

The money I requested this morning from SB is already in my account....very impressed! Now to work towards the next one!

DD is home this weekend for a couple of job interviews locally....I've given her some vouchers for free coffee and cake and free parking for John Lewis to help her money go a bit further while she's here too. I can't believe I am giving up free coffee and cake! Free. COFFEE. And CAKE!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure