<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm going to test them on OH first obviously..

Check his life insurance first...
    We have a table for the four of us in the Snug, so the formal dining room only gets used if we have visitors :o

The plan is to move the wall and make me a study in the middle hall, but the middle hall is full of the spare unplaned oak from the kitchen that ahs to be stored somewhere dry. The DR was always going to be the last job, just not priority. Beams need restoring (bath overflow wasn't connected to anything, came home few weeks after we moved in to dropped false ceiling as a result of my wallowing, silver lining was beams and wattle/daub). That was ten years ago!

How about just designating the dining room as storage, given that it is supposed to be last? Then the storage can be organised :) If you can move the oak in there, then your study could be done... (after the ensuite of course!).

Didn't get hold of the builder today - just the landscaper to come and look at making a base for the greenhouse. I'm hoping the stuff you used for your shed base will work.

MUST DO BETTER on phone calls tomorrow. I'd like to at least get half the floors screeded and the electrics done in the dining room by Christmas...
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The stuff we use for the shed floor is brilliant, saved so much work as long as you level your soil surface. Bizarrely it came out from a tedious query or I would not have known it existed.
  • redofromstart
    greenbee wrote: »
    Check his life insurance first...

Of course he has life insurance, there was cashback...:money:
  • greenbee
    Of course he has life insurance, there was cashback...:money:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • redofromstart
    Paid thing today, but am behind on tedious and its the last day of the holidays for the boys so lots to do when I get back. They want to go to local small town when I get back, the first request to go out all summer!

That's alright, I am bright eyed, bushy tailed and roaring to go :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :rotfl::rotfl: Oh definitely test them on (well insured) OH first - that's usually my approach! :D

I totally indentify with houses that are a work in progress over many years too - we've had a "livable with" flat since we moved in in 2003 because we refused to do anything other than splash a bit of paint about until we'd got shot of the mortgage. ("I'm not flipping well paying good money to put a new bathroom in the bank's house" was the line) - finally now starting to get it sorted but it's meaning quite a lot of upheaval in a short space of time! :eek:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • greenbee
    i hope you enjoy your outing after work :D

I finally managed to get hold of the builder this morning (while sitting in a traffic jam to the next village... I didn't know traffic jams could happen there...), who is coming over on Tuesday. So hopefully I'll make some progress.

Wonder whether I can summon up the energy to call a tree surgeon...
  • redofromstart
    We moved in with a plan, did the kitchen, put a woodburner in instead of 70s gas fires, remodelled upstairs, exposed lots of stone which helped with the damp, removed the second stairs,and did the family bathroom but still have lots to do. It was very 1960s everywhere, poorly maintained and with a strange layout as it used to be a bakers and a house, and then two tiny houses that had been badly knocked into one. Some bits are lovely, but others are as they were and are horrid.

Charity van collection today, takes anything. Hurrah. Clothes and books, a whole six bags worth out the front. OH had palpitations and wanted to go through the bags to make sure none of it was important. V annoying.

Today I need to catch up with tedious, have struggled to do any with being under the weather so lots to do. Boys back to school as well so a generally unhappy household. Onwards and upwards!
  • greenbee
    I hope you can get to grips with the horrid bits of the house soon. Nothing worse than your home depressing you.

Landscaper has been round and will quote for sorting out a base for the greenhouse - probably while I'm away in September. I need to send him a link to the shed base stuff and check the greenhouse measurements.

How did OH's clearing out go? Did he just tidy, or has stuff been thrown out/put on the bonfire?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh nice charity shoppage there - I must do some more sorting out of stuff at ours but there aren't enough hours in the week at the moment. I shall add that to my list of "things to do when the airshows stop distracting me"!

Urgh to tedious and back to school grumps. Something nice for tea to cheer everyone up a bit?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills