PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Hi there,

Got a letter dated 15th May 2012 from HSBC saying they were looking into my PPI claim and would respond within 8 weeks.
    It's now August 11th and no response. On there original letter dated 15th May 2012 there is a telephone number on it.
    The number is 023 8072 3838.

Lines are open between 9am and 5pm.
    I mustve rang 50 times and everytime there is a recorded message saying "Welcome to PPI claims, you are in a cue" then mentions , the timescales for PPI responses. The call goes on for 2 mins 13 secs (according to my mobile phone) then the line goes dead.
    What a waste of time.
    Does anyone know of another phone number?
    I have tried the main HSBC line but they are unable to help.

By the way i have been awarded (yet to receive) a sum from M&S Money from a loan that originally goes back to 1996 so dont let the date of loan put you off.

Cheers

Same here got the CEO email send a complaint chiefexecutivehsbcbank@hsbc.com
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    I'm having the same problem with the phone line going dead it's shockingly bad customer service.

Email the CEO chiefexecutivehsbcbank@hsbc.com
  • nee666 wrote: »

You could also try ringing 0117 929 6768.

Good luck!
  • Eight weeks was up today for Halifax to let me know a decision on PPI I am trying to claim on a credit card I have had with them for years. Anyone else waiting on the Halifax and their 8 weeks are up ? I think I will ring Monday to get an update .
  • Duncs_
    Duncs_ Posts: 13 Forumite
    I've sent some letters to companies seeking a copy of the credit agreement. However, a few of them have replied saying that their duties have been discharged and cannot assist, as the agreement has effectively been cancelled. Since the loan has been paid off, they say that the consumer credit section quoted, no longer applies.

Is this right?

Duncan
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    yes. they will only supply you with a cca if your account is still open.
    you don't need a cca to complain, just fill out a form.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Duncs_ wrote: »
    I've sent some letters to companies seeking a copy of the credit agreement. However, a few of them have replied saying that their duties have been discharged and cannot assist, as the agreement has effectively been cancelled. Since the loan has been paid off, they say that the consumer credit section quoted, no longer applies.

Is this right?

Duncan

Hi Duncs yes i agree with taff the bank will not give you a credit agreement under a cca if your account is closed but they do have to comply with a sar under the data protection act 1998
  • cappo wrote: »
    So here we are guys restarting on this thread this post will just give you a post or two to latch on to.
    I have not posted before, apologies if I have started in the wrong place! I have contacted Barclays regarding mis sold PPI sending copies of the agreements, they turned me down stating they are unable to locate my customer records. The PPI goes back to 1986. I contacted them by phone and was told by the young lady who I spoke to to contact the Ombudsman. Do you suggest I do that or contact one of the PPI refund companies?
    Many thanks
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    you will be unable to claim from the same bank again with a ppi company - all they do anyway is make you get all the information, then they post it.

If they have sent you a full and final decision, then you are perfectly entitled to go to the ombudsman, but bear in mind that you need verifiable reasons [with paperwork to back you up, or a history of misselling] or you won't get any joy with the ombudsman either.

I also suggest that you read the how-to, it will tell you what you need to do if you want to claim again. Bear in mind that banks are not obliged to keep any records more than 6 years old, that from the date of a full and final rejection you have 6 months to go to the ombudsman.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ok folks I'll keep this as brief as i can.....

Sent letter to HSBC in May, got a letter back late May saying looking into claim etc etc.

Since a couple of months ago ive been trying to ring the 023 8072 3838 number where it just rings dead after recorded messages.
    Anyway finally got to speak to someone at HSBC.......I gave them my details yesterday Fri 14th Sept and the woman said that my claim had been upheld and that a letter stating this was sent out in July.....to my old address.... DOH! Although she could tell me the good news that i was due a payout she couldnt tell me the amount i am to receive. A copy of the July dated letter is being sent out on Monday to my current address....2 months after the original letter.

So i am sat here on a Saturday evening, waiting for the x Factor, and wondering just how much i am to receive.
    My payout is for a loan that i took out in the late 1990's but i can't remember how much it was for. Maybe 5k?
    My question to the forum is how much is the letter likely to state my payout will be?
    Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Ta very much! :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport