Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• embirch
    embirch Posts: 25 Forumite
    Well I have overpaid my CC by £7 this month so an extra 1.4% off the CC bringing the total to 7%. I'm really loving this challenge although I hate this period of the year its just so expensive. Especially since it is DS,DH and my birthday all this month. I'm currently doing abit of overtime at work so hopefully should see a little increase in my xmas pay packet x

Loving seeing everyone's %s keep them coming its really inspiring x
  • Morning - a good thing about being poorly is the money you save. Haven't eaten for 2 days, haven't driven anywhere, haven't had any wine, children are off school poorly too so no petrol for school runs and no lunch money either! Wish I was intelligent/organised enough to Home School as I'd be far richer, I'm sure.

Sent another 1% to Next just now to cover last night's lack of wine and have made it sub£200 - Zip-a-dee-doo-dah! £199.92 remaining. Shame Christmas has to get in the way really!

:T just off to update my sig :T

Keep at it everyone

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • Just a cheeky 1% to declare today - had some expenses come back from my assessment day for a job last month.

Just been listening the the Autumn Statement and although it barely affects me - i live at home, dont pay tax but dont claim benefits either but it seems alot of people are going to struggle :(.

Threads like this and the old style boards trying to make all of our monies go further is going to be rather popular.

Job interview tomorrow, 9am for a full time position so fingers crossed peeps :). Its going to be a little weird as its an internal job for my local council and i directly work with 3 out the other 4 applicants :/. If i get it ill be able to dust off my savings account book and help out my parents a little more.

No joy on getting any new babysitting clients unfortunately. Must try harder!!

Currently on track for NSD #4 today for Dec, and I get paid in 15 days. Will hit 100% in just over 2 weeks and will make a savings deposit for the first time in about 5 years!!!!!!
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Earned £5 selling a pair of maternity trousers to a friend this morning. :j

Got 5 things on Ebay ending at weekend but no bids yet :( its definitely quieter atm on there :s

Wrote my list out for birthdays next year. 17 kids to buy for!! Aiming to get the presents in the sales in january. got a few close friends and close family to buy for too. i reckon 30 presents altogether. plus about 50 cards. 4 anniversary cards, 2 congrats/baby cards too. Will be buying the 7 for £1 cards from card factory :) Need to clear out some space for said presents/cards to live :rotfl:

Sarah xx
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • number 102 reporting for duty! 14% paid off so far with hopefully more to come soon!
    )

:beer:
  • Hi everyone can I join please? I came across this thread a couple of days ago and have read almost 50 whole pages I can't tear myself away! So many great ideas!

So my debt is finally (after ages!) almost paid off as you can see by my signature :j but now my boyfriend and I are trying to save to buy a house. We already have a savings plan for that but we have decided to try and save an extra £5,000 over the next few months in order to pay for legal fees, housey bits, etc when we finally do buy.

So my target is £5,000 and my 1% would be £50

I have already got my numbered envelopes ready to go and have been working through Little Miss's list and writing my own for a plan to raise each % :T

Main ideas for me are:

Selling CD's/DVD's/books
    Entering competitions - I have only just started this but won 4 in the last 2 weeks, just little stuff but I will sell it when I get it to make some %!
    A £2 sealed jar I have been putting into - won't open this til it's full
    Selling some of my gold for cash
    Survey sites/User testing
    Selling stuff on ebay
    Selling old motorbike clothes I impulse brought and never wore!

And some more in the pipeline! I am a bit of a spreadsheet maniac so have made a sheet with all listed and will record progress as and when. I haven't made any % yet - Just decided on all of this last night!

So looking forward to this - all of your progress really inspires me, and I figure if I have managed to pay most of my debt off over the last few years, then I can save some dosh!!
    Official DFW Nerd 1390 MFW 0/1800

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • Started today with a total of 0.41% but when I got home from work there was a letter from Barclays about a PPI claim for my overdraft facility and the money is already in my account. £1545.81 :j

I am at 15.8% in total now. :T

For the first time since 1996 I am in credit and not likely to go overdrawn by the end of the month. I can't wait to go into the bank and close the account. :D
    I wanna be a saver, not a spender but first...
    OD = was 1300 Now CLEARED
    Cahoot CC = was 4000 Now CLEARED
    Barclaycard (0%) = Was 7533 Now CLEARED
    Mum's CC (0%) = Was 11500 Now CLEARED
  • Ok now I get why people on here get so frustrated with eBay......I've just finished listing 26 items and I swear I would be quite happy never to look at the website ever again!!!!

Oh well hopefully if they all sell it'll be 0.5 of a %!

When I have regained my will to live tomorrow I will post my full % making ideas list up here.

Thanks LMUD for this thread... It has given me the kick I need to start earning some extra dosh to save!! And it's also reminded me to not give myself such a hard time about my debt....I've done really well the last year especially, and I also gave up smoking two months ago and have cut down my non-essential expenses majorly (I am surprised Starbucks didn't go out of business at this point!) so I should give myself a pat on the back.....and more to the point you all should by the looks of your amazing %'s :)
    Official DFW Nerd 1390 MFW 0/1800

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • I just want to say a major thank you for this thread! It truesly has made my debt seem more managable and taken a weight off my shoulders. I will be taking part :D

So my debt is £1000 on my credit card so my 1% is £10!

£10 is so much easier to raise. I'll be keeping a record and reading all the wonderful ideas. I'm starting with dog walking to see if that works :)
    DEBT: 27/12 £4060 :mad: 6/1 £3906 :beer: 15/1 £3756 :T 30/1 £3700 :cool: 7/2 £3911 :D19/4 £3108.93 :T 31/5 £3095.12
    May Challenge £5 a day: £5.41 / £155 June Challenge £5 a day: £22.25 / £155
    WON 2015: £50 Argos voucher, Xbox One, 2 cinema tickets, £10 Amazon voucher
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello,hope everyone is managing to keep warm.No snow up here.....yet.
    £29.05 from e-bay and £1 card sale fetches me up to £246.38.
    £246.38 = 24%:j
    Few bits in the pipeline,but doubt if they'll be much to add for a while but who knows.
    Thanks for all the motivation and ideas.
    ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 971/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income