The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

breezeplus solicitors

With regards to Breezeplus Solicitors:
Has anyone had a similar problem?? My ex husband has engaged the services of the above for a re mortgage to buy me out of the property we both own.
All my legal documents were sent at the beginning of june this year and I had them signed by a solicitor and posted recorded delivery the day after I received them.
Its now 13th August and 3wks over the completion date we were given with still no signs of a payout.
I have made along with my ex husband numerous phone calls to these people to find out what the hold up is as Barclays who are providing my ex with the re mortgage informed him 3wks ago that everything was fine and good to go.
We are getting stalling tactics, they are saying that Barclays have a new system in place and each time these tinpots present a certificate? to Barclays its getting rejected and their having to keep repeating the process?
Not entirely convinced on this I rang Barclays head office and spoke to a re mortgage guy who informed me there was no new system, there was no problem with their system, and this was a straight forward process with no hold ups unless applications were missing info, which they weren.t.
I rang Breezeplus and after getting through the monkeys with no legal experience and having to wait 20mins for said monkeys to answer I managed to speak to one of the case workers representing my ex to inform them that what they had relayed to him the previous night was a total load of crock and that Barclays were amazed and shocked by what I had asked them. I then felt no choice but to threaten to inform legal ombudsman unless they get this sorted pronto..
I was also told by my ex that their service on re mortgage is costing him just short of £3000... seems steep to me..
Are they a legit company? do they stall to get more money..
Anyone with or has gone through similar I could do with your help.. Ive two little kiddies that had their hopes dashed of a holiday.. could do with some advice on what to do
Many thanks
Tracey

Comments

• dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,337
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can't really help with your exact circumstances, however we had the misfortune of using Breezeplus for a re-mortgage. From my understanding, Breezeplus is a company used by big lenders when they provide free conveyancing as part of the mortgage. I certainly would not pay for their services out of choice.

I found them slow and had to chase consistently. A marked difference from using my own local solicitor.

They maybe ok for clean cut purchases for first time buyers, but I'd avoid for anything more complex. I get the impression they rely on a handful of trained solicitors fronted by inexperienced and disinterested call centre staff.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    When I worked for a big lender, they used Breezeplus for remortgages.

I used to hate ringing them as it was such a nightmare to get through, and then you had to run the gauntlet of the call centre staff.

Once you could speak to an actual solicitor it was fine, but I think a lot of the work is done by poorly trained inexperienced staff.

But it's not the staff's fault that they don't get good training, so it's not fair to call them 'monkeys'
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ask your ex why exactly he chose this company.
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Ask to speak to the senior partner so that you can make a formal complaint. If that doesn't sort things out tell them you'll take things up with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
    http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

The SRA won't do anything unless you've gone through the solicitors own complaints procedure.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OP, it is quite important to understand exactly who has the contract with the solicitor.
    It is only them who can make the formal complaint.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,703
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    OP If, as appears to be the case, it is your ex-husband who has engaged them, and not you they shouldn't even be discussing the issue with you at all! Moreover you cannot formally complain about their service.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    When I worked for a big lender, they used Breezeplus for remortgages.

I used to hate ringing them as it was such a nightmare to get through, and then you had to run the gauntlet of the call centre staff.

Once you could speak to an actual solicitor it was fine, but I think a lot of the work is done by poorly trained inexperienced staff.

But it's not the staff's fault that they don't get good training, so it's not fair to call them 'monkeys'

To be fair ops referring to the collective bunch of lower level representatives, not attacking the individuals on a personal level. I think Yodel workers are all a bunch of monkeys, but i'm sure individually they are probably hard working people with much to give, just held back by the poor procedures in place and management.
  • Vayalad
    Vayalad Posts: 1 Newbie
    Absolute bunch of incompetent nincompoops. Multiple phone calls, faxes, written letters (because they avoid email contact) failed to resolve an issue created because of an error on their part- they put a freehold property down as a leasehold. Left me out of pocket by delaying a remortgage and the issue is still not resolved. They never keep a promise to call-back by close of play. Avoid if you can.
  • I can see from the comments on this forum that Breezeplus are anything but Breezy, I have had no problem with the Nationwide or any other building society but this bunch of people are useless. We have a straightforward remortgage and they do not reply, take ages to get through to them and generally dont seem to know what they are doing. I would not recommend them at all. Better to get a local solicitor and pay a bit more.
  • I agree they are a nightmare. Phone constantly engaged, never respond to emails. I managed to get through today to find out that the previous person I had spoken to, a week ago, had not forwarded on the necessary information to the case officer to complete my remortgage. Avoid if you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure