Walk 1000 miles

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    @Biollante21 at least you have an excuse to go back there now. You have to go back to get that wainwright.

I'm just planning a day of wainwright bagging, I am in the lakes for 4 days in July (First 3 days I am recceing for a route that I am racing later in the year (About 10 miles or so a day)) So the final day if I have any energy left thought a run up whoap, grike etc around that area may be in order.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Still walking, now on 456 miles. Hoping to go to Flamborough for a couple of days, but the weather is putting me off a bit. Don't want to get blown off the edge of the cliff top. :D

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Ilona
    I think I am on my own here, except for a couple who pop in from time to time. I will stick with this thread because my time is spread over several different hobbies, and I cannot allocate more time to walking.

My mental and physical health benefits from walking. My creative streak also has it's benefits in keeping my mind busy. A combination of both types of activities suits me best.

Walking is a lifestyle choice, it has to be constant, has to be regular, for any benefits to be gained.

I will easily finish 1000 miles but won't put a date on it. Walking is always going to be included in my healthy living plan, as long as I can put one foot in front of the other I will walk. When the 1000 miles are done I will carry on until the end of the year, then the whole cycle starts again in 2018.

At the end of four months (yesterday) I am on 471 miles. Keep going everyone.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Good going Ilona, did you get to Flamborough? We are heading up that way in a couple of weekends time to go for a run down the coast from Filey/Bempton.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Ilona
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Good going Ilona, did you get to Flamborough? We are heading up that way in a couple of weekends time to go for a run down the coast from Filey/Bempton.

Hi. No, not yet, the weather has been rubbish. Hoping for this week, the forecast is looking good. Yes, I want to look at Bempton as well, and not been to Filey before. I won't be running though. :rotfl:

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ilona wrote: »
    I think I am on my own here, except for a couple who pop in from time to time. I will stick with this thread because my time is spread over several different hobbies, and I cannot allocate more time to walking.

At the end of four months (yesterday) I am on 471 miles. Keep going everyone.

Ilona

I am still here. As expected, post op restrictions have affected my miles a bit but my daily average steps more. I finished week 17 (aka month 4) on 362 miles against a plan of 326 so I am still ahead. Steps averaged over the week dropped to 8,000 though, with some days under 4,000 - not allowed to walk the dogs for another week.
    I am trying to make every excuse to get out of the house but it is often just for quick 'pop to the post office' trips, as I am not allowed to yomp, so I don't record the mileage for those.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Biollante21
    Biollante21 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    @IIona
    I am looking at it that we a small happy family who are there to give the others a bit of a cheer on :)
    Keep with us as you have said you will
    I am a member of the walking for pleasure group on FB and its a very friendly site so give us a shout if you fancy joining
    If you do then send me a PM on here if you want
    Still no Wainwright done yet but did do a small jaunt up to Jubilee Tower on Darwen Hill over the weekend
    I am now on 360 for the year up to now
    Keep going everyone and keep reporting your totals
  • Ilona
    Thank you for your encouragement. It makes a change, it is usually me that does the encouraging on my blog. The Walking group on there are doing extremely well.

I finally managed to get away to the coast for two days. Although the weather has improved it is still very windy, bitterly cold on the cliffs. I walked 11 miles on Wednesday, Sewerby, Flamborough Head, Thornwick Bay and back through Flamborough. Yesterday, Thursday I walked from Hunmanby, to Filey, Filey Brigg, Grizethorpe Cliff, and back through Lebberston, along the Yorkshire Wolds Way and Centenary Way. 16 miles, this takes my total to 501 miles.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    Post op restrictions still in place last week - but thankfully over now and I can walk my dogs again :). I finished week 18 on 381 miles against a plan of 345 so I am still ahead. Steps averaged over the week dropped to 7,500 though, with some days under 4,000.

Back to normal now - I may even try for a run one day this week when over-protective DH is not looking
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • MallyGirl
    I finished week 19 on 402 miles against a plan of 364 so I am still ahead. Steps averaged over the week back at 10,000 now that I have my dogs back :)
    Eye post op check tomorrow - I may even try for a run one day this week providing that goes OK. I was struggling with the recurrence of Plantar Fasciitis last week but I have been stretching and it was better this morning. I wish bits of my body would stop failing randomly :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure