Halifax ISA Maturity Instructions

Comments

• the cheshire building society is very good rate !
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,988
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 June 2012 at 8:05PM
    innovate wrote: »
    Sorry, meant to do a John MCenroy - ARE YOU SEROIUS???

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=401374

Not following what you're saying, Halifax tops the table in Kazza's thread.

Edit. Just realised you must be a tennis fan!
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • bryanb
    Forumite
    the cheshire building society is very good rate !

Yes but hardly a high st bank.
  • bryanb wrote: »
    Yes but hardly a high st bank.

whats the differance !! i have 2 isa with them 3.05% 1 years fixed but up to £10,000 , that was in april this year
  • bryanb
    Forumite
    whats the differance !! i have 2 isa with them 3.05% 1 years fixed but up to £10,000 , that was in april this year

None really, what are they offering for 3yr fixed?
  • bryanb wrote: »
    None really, what are they offering for 3yr fixed?

im not sure i dont like doing it any more than 12 months at a time as the rates and deals change so much every year ,i no they do something with legal and general aswell but you will have to google it i reckon
  • innovate wrote: »
    What is your question?

If you want to know what action Halifax will take [based on whatever your request is], you will have to ask them.

"when the online form is filled out, what action do Halifax take?" (in reference to the maturity instruction form)

It's not an impossible question. I imagine someone has filled in the form before, otherwise the Halifax wouldn't refer to it in their letters and wouldn't actually have it on the website!

If you don't know the answer, then don't get snotty with me. I have linked to the online form for reference. This form, when completed, doesn't seem to actually do anything when it is filled out.

If anyone out there, who has used the form, knows what happens as a result of filling it out then let me know. Your help is appreciated.

Bryanb - The form does not ask the question about what account you want. You can choose a term length, frequency of interest payments, and what account the interest paid to. this would not determine a single named account.

Jeepers, the attitudes on here aren't really necessary.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you don't know the answer, then don't get snotty with me. I have linked to the online form for reference. This form, when completed, doesn't seem to actually do anything when it is filled out.

I am not getting snotty with you.

Halifax are not giving you the best available ISA interest rates.

So the answers to their forms are irrelevant
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 June 2012 at 8:47PM
    Does anyone know how the Maturity Instructions work?

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/maturity-instructions/

I filled in the first form expecting to be able to choose which account I wanted to use after the maturity of my ISA.

Will they contact me to find out which account I want my next ISA to be? Or will they just put it in the equivalent of the ISA I already have?

I've done the matury reinvestment instructions 2 weeks ago and there was a field there where you select the number of years (I did it for the 3 years at 4%), didn't you see that?
    Then on the maturity day, I went to my online banking and the account had moved (it was previously 3%, now it shows 4%).

And ignore her... even on this site Halifax is top for 3-5 years.
    You know, there are more considerations than just pure rate: I for one always choose a bank where either I already have an account or where it's got a branch in my town, to avoid sending stupid ID docs over the post.
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • Thank you ScarletBea - I knew someone out there would have used the form. I think I will have to give them a ring or call into branch as I don't want to fix and would prefer to use the ISA Saver Online instead.

Before someone else comes along preaching that this isn't the best rate I would possibly get anywhere in the world - I KNOW! It suits my current situation (need instant access to funds) and it is the best rate out of the three banks I bank with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure