Cheapest way to send large heavy item?

Comments

• Lainie75
    Lainie75 Posts: 261 Forumite
    I use this company on ebay its £7.99 for 48 hr delivery , the item is collected i have used them hundreds of times and never had one problem it is dhl that comes out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-48-HOUR-COURIER-PARCEL-DELIVERY-SERVICE-MAX-31-5KG_W0QQitemZ330136449264QQihZ014QQcategoryZ317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    safc forever

Start Date -11/06/08 - Start Weight -36st 5lb
    Current weight -34st 5lb
    This weeks loss lb -total loss 28lb
  • Lainie75
    payperdrop are very good, OP's item would only cost 5.99, its easy to blame payperdrop for the delivery problems, but its not them who deliver, payperdrop are just the agents getting you a good deal, dhl are responsible for delivery.

alot of the negative feedback left for payperdrop is absolutely of no fault of theirs!

used them a few times now, absolutely no problems

i think the problem with them is they only do one delivery attempt and you cant guarantee that the buyer will be in even if you tell them the day etc as i had this problem.
    safc forever

Current weight -34st 5lb
  • natalie1974
    natalie1974 Posts: 874 Forumite
    No they don't . They say this to cover their backs but if your buyer was out their parcel would go back to the depot where they can collect from or they can re-arrange delivery . PPD have actually said this themselves .
    Baby Thomas born 3 months early by emergency section on 21/1/09 weighing 1lb 15ozs .
    Thomas came home after 3 months and 2 days in hospital weighing 5lb 15ozs
    Thomas weighed 21lb 4ozs on his 1st birthday , a total weight gain of 18lbs 5ozs !
  • windswept
    windswept Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    The problem with ppd's system could be that they don't get you to print out your dhl label.
    With interparcel you print off 2 lots of labels and stick one on the parcel and hand the other to the driver.
    With ppd there is nothing, they don't even tell you to print an address label, which is comon sense if a machine is reading postcodes etc. If all they do is stick on the tiny barcode then it's no surprise that things get lost.
    However the chances of losing or damaging parcels is small so for virtually half the price of anyone else, imho, it's worth the risk.
    "There is a light that never goes out"
  • windswept
    windswept Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Parcelforce Booking
    ^ I use this site ^
    £6.25/£6.75 for 48/24hr
    I have just signed up to these,:beer: it looks like a great service, it's crazy, I have a parcel force account and they charge me £7.75!
    "There is a light that never goes out"
  • natalie1974
    All my parcels get a sticker put on them by the address it is going to , the sticker is roughly the size of a fag packet and then you get the A4 yellow tracking sheet with another barcode on it (this one is tiny) given to you .
    Baby Thomas born 3 months early by emergency section on 21/1/09 weighing 1lb 15ozs .
    Thomas weighed 21lb 4ozs on his 1st birthday , a total weight gain of 18lbs 5ozs !
  • Lainie75
    No they don't . They say this to cover their backs but if your buyer was out their parcel would go back to the depot where they can collect from or they can re-arrange delivery . PPD have actually said this themselves .

yeah they will re-delivery if you pay again , or at least thats what happened to me so i never used them again , maybe you have be lucky
    safc forever

Current weight -34st 5lb
  • natalie1974
    I think you have been unlucky as several of my buyers have been out when they have attempted delivery , these were big items , all buggies , and they have had them re-delivered no charge . I send at least 1 parcel a week with them now , increasing as I am selling more stuff and have never had a problem .
  • Lainie75
    I think you have been unlucky as several of my buyers have been out when they have attempted delivery , these were big items , all buggies , and they have had them re-delivered no charge . I send at least 1 parcel a week with them now , increasing as I am selling more stuff and have never had a problem .

i must have been
    safc forever

Current weight -34st 5lb
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    windswept wrote: »
    I have just signed up to these,:beer: it looks like a great service, it's crazy, I have a parcel force account and they charge me £7.75!

Another good thing about these, i got a Parcel sent to the Isle of Wight for the same price as a standard Mainland UK one! £6.25! Bargain me thinks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure