Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LauraH28 wrote: »
    Have u had valuation? Our fee has been taken but it still hasn't been done well not that we know of.

Our fee has also been taken but not had any message about booking it and developer hasn't been contacted.

Hoping something should come through tomorrow. Hate all this waiting around!
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    We're hoping for tomorrow. Last Friday (7th) our broker rang and said it all looked positive but then the extra 2 docs were sent and nothing since. It's driving me crazy.
  • JamesN
    I'm glad I'm not the only one getting stressed by all this. Thought it was a bit cheeky to take the fee when they haven't even decided to go ahead with it yet!
  • LauraH28
    Yeah it's worrying as well. Fingers crossed u hear tomorrow. Have u been asked for anything extra?
  • JamesN
    Thanks. Hope you get some good news too. They've not asked for anything yet. Sent loads of info to the broker. Mine should hopefully be straightforward as my wife doesn't work and I've sent proof of earnings and deposit etc.

We submitted last Thursday through a broker. May call him tomorrow if I've not heard anything. He seemed to think it should be straightforward and that I'd hear back within 24 hours. Frustrating because it's a new build and we need to order the flooring!
  • LauraH28
    Ours should be straight forward to it's so annoying. I hope u get some good news so u can order flooring. We're kind of in limbo too have a fireplace to knock out before we can move and a stairlift to have fitted for our disabled daughter we were hoping to complete early September so we could be in and settled before the weather gets bad(well worse).
  • JamesN
    Yeah I can understand your frustration with that. I spoke to the site manager yesterday and it seems like they are going to be behind with the completion date anyway. I've got 2 months notice to give on my current rented property so the overlap is starting to look quite expensive!
  • LauraH28
    Lets hope it's today!! Good luck
  • JamesN
    Good luck to you too!
  • Hello,

I'm applying with Nationwide & these are the timescales for me so far!

Offer accepted on property: 02.08.15
    Mortgage appointment booked: 03.08.15 for 07.08.15
    Mortgage applied for: 07.08.15
    Valuation date given on: 10.08.15
    Valuation date: 12.08.15
    Valuation accepted: 13.08.15

The only problem i've come across is the mortgage assistant forgot to attach my payslips & bank statement to my application. I had to scan them all through to her by email on Friday (14.08.15). I was really hoping it would go through on Friday... Nothing yet & i'm so nervous!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback