Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• novice123
    Options
    @class2ln you should get the vendor to decrease the price, if the valuation has slumped in price!
  • cns06
    cns06 Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Update - still moving in the right direction!

21st July – AIP
    22nd July – Supporting documents and ID sent to broker
    24th July – Full application submitted
    7th August – Valuation instructed
    10th August – Valuation completed
  • mesut_sanchez
    Options
    I just recived my mortgage! woop... Bring on completion
  • mrsbigz
    mrsbigz Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Steviebleeds thank you for your response. Really hope this us just a case of them ticking final boxes before making an offer. May be because I'm so stressed about this whole process but can't help thinking it's going to go tits up...!
  • class2ldn
    class2ldn Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    novice123 wrote: »
    @class2ln you should get the vendor to decrease the price, if the valuation has slumped in price!

Well it appears we may be ok.
    Spoke to our broker who happens to be an insurance advisor aswell and he said we've looked into it too much

It states

The structural condition of the walls appears to be generally satisfactory and we found no evidence of significant cracking, subsidence or structural movement. The main walls all appear to be satisfactorily straight and true to the eye, and generally
    well pointed.The rendered wall surfaces appear in basically satisfactory repair, although subject to some cracking and loss of key in a number of areas. This is due to shrinkage and general deterioration of the render material. Damaged render can cause dampness and these areas will need to be made good prior to the next redecoration.

This is the bit thats thrown us out below
    Above it says there is no sign of structural movement but now it says there is.

The property has been affected by past structural movement, evidenced by some localised cracking to the mortar joints to the wall surfaces. From a single inspection the movement appears to be long-standing and does not appear to be progressive.

Now our broker reckons we don't have to declare that as it clearly says there isn't any subsidence in the points above. I'm still not sure. Don't want to have a house with this marker on it when there's no need.
  • charliewocka
    Options
    Valuation on residential mortgage came through - £38k less than we are offering. We know the house is worth more though (no real comparable properties on the street) and we will be doing it up in time. Luckily our mortgage broker is on the case and we can still get the mortgage with affordability and LTV rising up to 90%. Phew! Amendment submitted yesterday and with the underwriters again to review so should hear back by end of the week.

Am having mini meltdowns regularly now - I'm not enjoying the house purchasing process at all :(
  • StevieBleeds
    StevieBleeds Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2015 at 9:53AM
    Options
    mrsbigz wrote: »
    Steviebleeds thank you for your response. Really hope this us just a case of them ticking final boxes before making an offer. May be because I'm so stressed about this whole process but can't help thinking it's going to go tits up...!

Haha... you sound like me mrsbigz, my missus is the rational one. Me, not so much. :) But I was the same, until our broker phoned to say we're good to go.

In our case, our application was picked up by 4 or 5 different underwriters during the process before we got to the Final Checks stage, which is where your application sounds like it's at. As I understand it, they are just checking the other underwriters didn't miss anything.

We had to submit quite a bit of information too. Notably, we had to resend a confirmation letter of my missus' new job THREE times before they accepted it, since they wasn't happy with the quality of the scans.
  • easilyamused
    Options
    I was going to post that I'm joining the thumb-twiddling ranks of you guys awaiting a mortgage decision, but then yesterday evening our mortgage advisor told me we'd been approved! :j

So I figured I'd post on here anyway how long things have taken for us. I was beginning to get nervous as we've gone with Accord Mortgages and I'd subsequently read some reports here of people having pretty iffy experiences with them, but we've found it all to be pretty quick and pain-free!

Mortgage applied for - 24th Jul 2015
    Valuation Requested - 27th Jul 2015
    Asked for additional documentation - 30th Jul 2015
    We were told last week they were deliberating whether we needed a damp and timber survey doing due to the age of the house (Victorian) but obviously decided against as...
    Offer Approved - 12th Aug 2015

So all in all less than 2 weeks to turn it around. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
  • novice123
    Options
    still waiting, had valuation on the 4th august, valuation came back fine on the 6th August. Still no offer!
  • johnnyy
    johnnyy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My experience with Santander through MB

18/07/2015 - Reservation fee paid for property
    21/07/2015 - AIP received from Santander via MB
    24/07/2015 - Full Application submitted by MB
    29/07/2015 - MB communicated that Santander requested for proof of address. Utilities bill sent the same day
    30/07/2015 - MB advised case going through initial underwriting
    04/08/2015 - MB advised case agreed with Santander and valuation instructed
    07/08/2015 - MB advised case offered by Santander
    11/08/2015 - Offer received in post
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills