Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Quite impressed with the speed of HSBC processing my mortgage, from online application to offer within a week!

07/02 - online DIP, application and all required documents uploaded onto their portal (probably took me two hours in total, including a few calls to their helpline)
    08/02 - mortgage approval & valuation/homebuyer report booked and paid for
    13/02 - valuation undertaken and conversation with surveyor (just waiting on homebuyer report, but usual stuff on a 50 year old property)
    14/02 - full mortgage offer received

Looking to exchange contracts in the next few days, with move in date scheduled for 28/02 - its a vacant property and I'm completing the sale/moving out of my house tomorrow, so there's no chain involved, plus less than 50% LTV, which obviously helps.

I had to make a few more calls to their helpline to check status and see if anything else was required from me, but would recommend this route if a straightforward transaction.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    Hello
    Received a call yesterday valuation booked in for Tuesday 20/02
    Have you heard anything else yet Fisa002?

My valuation and homebuyers survey takes place tomorrow. It’s taken ages to book. So fingers x that the valuation comes back fine. ( the prev offer on this house fell through because of the valuation so I’m hoping it will be ok with mine this time around) however it’s nerve-wracking.

Your valuation is just a few days away. Then hopefully we’ll be getting offers pretty soon !!
  • Fisa002 wrote: »
    My valuation and homebuyers survey takes place tomorrow. It’s taken ages to book. So fingers x that the valuation comes back fine. ( the prev offer on this house fell through because of the valuation so I’m hoping it will be ok with mine this time around) however it’s nerve-wracking.

Your valuation is just a few days away. Then hopefully we’ll be getting offers pretty soon !!

fingers crossed for you tomorrow, i haven't seen a hard credit check on my file as yet just a soft? broker seems happy with how everything is processing at the moment.
  • Fisa002
    Honestly don’t worry about those checks. They will do them. I check Xperia just a soft check. Checked Noddle and they have done a few. But had to wait for an updated Noddle report.
    As long as valuation booked your on your way !! X
  • FTB - new to forum but find reading other posts helps settle my nerves :)

5/2/18 1st offer - rejected
    6/2/18 2nd offer - accepted
    11/2/18 DIP and full application made - Nationwide
    14/2/18 Valuation took place
    14/2/18 Valuation results received
    15/2/18 Case passed for full assessment

Now for the nervous wait to see if we've been accepted. Does anyone have any experience with Nationwide how long it takes for them to look at your file.

Super impatient and nervous! Although hasn't been long at all its all i can think about! Waiting on offer before I feel i can start start bugging solicitor.
  • Vman100
    Vman100 Posts: 13 Forumite
    FTB - new to forum but find reading other posts helps settle my nerves :)

5/2/18 1st offer - rejected
    6/2/18 2nd offer - accepted
    11/2/18 DIP and full application made - Nationwide
    14/2/18 Valuation took place
    14/2/18 Valuation results received
    15/2/18 Case passed for full assessment

Now for the nervous wait to see if we've been accepted. Does anyone have any experience with Nationwide how long it takes for them to look at your file.

Super impatient and nervous! Although hasn't been long at all its all i can think about! Waiting on offer before I feel i can start start bugging solicitor.

My application went in on 29th January and valuation on 1st Feb. Still waiting on a decision. Broker hasn't been asked for any further information. Apparently they just have not got to my application yet. They used the snow last week as an excuse for the delay.

I hope yours moves along quicker than mine but i would suggest not to worry too much if it doesnt, although that is very easy to say and hard to do!
  • Fisa002
    Have you tried to call them yourself? 2 weeks is a long time to wait post valuation especially when most people hear within 48 hours
  • Hi I applied originally in October but house went off the market got as far as valuation.
    However House came back on market and did full application on the 29th January.
    Valuation got transfer so no need to redo this.
    Asked for more document on the 8th February sent same day.
    Still waiting now, seems so long winded.
    Using a broker who said she's contacted them and they are saying they've had a huge influx of applications all at same time so working their way down the que.
    Anybody applied similar time and had offer yet?
  • Fisa002 wrote: »
    Honestly don’t worry about those checks. They will do them. I check Xperia just a soft check. Checked Noddle and they have done a few. But had to wait for an updated Noddle report.
    As long as valuation booked your on your way !! X

Thank you! i noticed impatient-ftb said, case passed for full assesment, does this apply to everyone x
  • I haven’t posted on these forums for so long!

FTB and SO nervous!

22/01: After no plans to buy a house, my partner and I spot a property we love and decide to have a look.
    23/01: First viewing.
    24/01: AiP accepted with Barclays.
    27/01: Second viewing with parents.
    03/02: First offer made - declined. Second offer made almost immediately.
    05/02: Second offer accepted.
    14/02: Mortgage application approved subject to valuation after passing credit checks.

One day later and I’m already going out of my mind with worry that something will go wrong or I’ll be declined! I’ve been onto the Barclays website and it doesn’t even say the application has been received yet! Eeeeek!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback