Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• LEJC wrote: »
    I was there until 8 last night and have dismantled the shower screen and cleaned that...the taps on the bath and some of the tiling...HG mould spray has been my friend....I looked at the toilet and TBH today I think I'm just going out to buy a new toilet seat...I cant even go there with industrial gloves!

OH is going to cut out all the sealant around the bath and just replace....under the dirt of the flooring we have discovered 4 cracked tiles...and as yet are undecided about how to tackle that one...the bathroom is only 3 years old but was redone by the previous owner and we have no spare tiles....its a style that wont match easily and so I think it will end up as a wear and tear issue that will just have to be lived with going forward.

Hopefully today I can tackle the sink and undercupboard...then it might be in a position to clean.

In the 3 years that we have been letting this is the first set off tenants that we have had a problem with so I guess we just need to be realistic...it happens.

I too subscribe to the phrase that VT used last night of "my property....your home" but occasionally there are those around who will just use it as a hotel and expect the maid to clean on vacation.
    These tenants literally picked up their furniture and left....switched of the fridge probably about a week ago and left the contents to rot,along with food in the oven and piles of dirty pots and dishes in the kitchen....
    We are slowly reclaiming the interior....but it will be a few more days of cleaning,painting and then carpet cleaning before we can move on

but enough of that....Good morning all

It's a roast for tea tonight...a small beef roasting joint I found reduced last week with some veg and I possibly need some potatoes that all...and there should be enough left over for a curry tomorrow...
    onwards to the day in hand....hope it's a good one

I suppose as a LL you are probably grateful they left when they did rather than get the property into an even worse state or not pay and you having to spend months and money getting them out.
    Do you have a steam mop? We found mine invaluable when cleaning dad's house, which wasn't dirty just left for months before we could face it. Found it a very valuable bit of kit and I love a nicely steamed bath rather than chemically cleaned now.

Do you do 6 month checks? I have had one letting agent who did and the last one who kept well away.

Really loving my new home. Been moved in 9 months now. New build but still a lot to do. They really only give you a basic shell.
    Monday I have a kitchen unit arriving to put where they left a gap for the dishwasher. No need for a dishwasher here. Expect I will regret that come xmas day but can always put extra stuff in a unibin and take round to put in mums dishwasher.
    Will be first xmas dinner I have cooked in 16 years. ex use to cook then the years before dgks I stayed home alone as dd on shift then the years of son in law cooking and premier inn beds.
    New house new rules. Means I will not see dgk over xmas but I just can't face another hotel room xmas.

Can't find my nectar card. Is this just for today or is it worth me doing on mums tomorrow?

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Ops forgot what I meant to post.

Fot thoses going into morries to buy the 4 for £5 chocs (and DM)
    They have Frexinet excellent rose on offer 2 for £10.
    This is far nicer than the regular one but not as nice as the vintage. Very good price and nice presents. Unfortunately only white in my store so bought the Frexinet Ice to try. Nice bottle presentation and a semi sec which I prefer.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    fernie1 wrote: »
    Me too, need more petrol x2 I think lol

I might get £10 in :D
    Will look instore too
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    VT its on all weekend:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    We're back from delivering a van full of DDS stuff to Yorkshire. Not too bad a trip. Get on very well with his parents too.

So I finally have chance tomorrow to get wine, but I should imagine it is no longer working? Could have done with some more white too.

You did the journey quickly, pleased it went well x
    mhoc wrote: »
    OK I did some experimenting in Mr Tosssers emporium of dreams today with mixed results - mostly because mysupermarket lied to me and I should have double checked Tesco.com against asda.com :(

I bought 5 of the soups on offer 5 for £3 - it matched 3 soups in asda = £3.27 so I lost 27p

So to make this experiment work we need to build a list of the ones Tesco sells but Asda does not to make this list work - inevitably its the nice soups I like.
    Or just 5 of the two non matching ones

It was like the olden days today, a carefully written list and a handful of MOCs :j - all scanning beautifully

original total £14.24
    minus soup multibuy £1.95
    minus brand guarantee £1.30
    new total £10.99

minus £6 Hipp MOCs
    minus £1.50 soup MOCs from the new magazine
    final total £3.39

minus £1.80 for Q clciksnappy for yog drink
    minus £1.49 for Q clcicksnappy

final true of shopping was 1p

I put the yogurt drink and the Hipps straight into the food bank trolley - actually looking at the sums the soup could have gone as well but I had to come out with some shopping or OH would Have thought I had really lost the plot :D

1x
    HIPP ORG APPLE, STRAWBERRY & BANANA 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 £1.00 n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC APL PEAR & BANANA 4 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    2x
    HIPP ORG PEACH, APPLE, BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY 100G
    £2.00 £1.34 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC PEAR BANANA & KIWI 6 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORG APL, BANA & R/BERRY B/FAST 6M+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    PEPERAMI SNACK PACK ORIGINAL 50G
    £1.49 £1.50 £1.50 n/a
    1x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH WINTER VEG 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BRITISH RST CHICKEN & VEG SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BRITISH LEEK & POTATO SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH CHICKEN SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BOB SPICY PARSNIP 400G
    £0.60 † n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    OPTIWELL S/BERRY AND RASPBERRY YOG DRINK 1LTR
    £1.80 £1.00 n/a n/a
    Tesco comparable total £11.09 £2.49 £0.00
    Competitor shop total £9.79 £2.50 £0.00
    The difference £1.30 -£0.01 £0.00
    mhoc wrote: »
    Thinking aloud now - can someone test this out please :D

Buy 6 Hipp for £6 - avoiding the fruity porridge which does not match
    Plus 5 soups for £3 - non matching ones
    plus at least 3 other filler items - say another £1 but I know a lot of people can do it for much less than this but you need to have to pay something at the till - possibly some things for cashback?
    total say £10
    less £6 Hipp MOCs
    less £1.50 soup MOCs
    Less brand gaurantee £2 ???
    leaves 50p to pay

eg

1x
    HIPP ORG APPLE, STRAWBERRY & BANANA 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 £1.00 n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC APL PEAR & BANANA 4 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    2x
    HIPP ORG PEACH, APPLE, BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY 100G
    £2.00 £1.34 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC PEAR BANANA & KIWI 6 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORG APL, BANA & R/BERRY B/FAST 6M+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    3 x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH CHICKEN SOUP 400G
    £1.20 † n/a n/a n/a
    2x
    C&B BOB SPICY PARSNIP 400G
    £1.20 † n/a n/a n/a
    at least three fillers items (eg the peppers which are good for Shopotize cashback
    1x
    TOSCO MIXED PEPPERS 3 PACK
    - £0.57 n/a n/a n/a

I love spicy parsnip soup.

So if I get 18 Hipp, and 10 parsnip soups.

Hipp £18
    Soup £6
    = £24
    T - Coffee/mayo/butter/bread to spend £6.
    = £30.

minus £3 when spend £30 =£27
    minus soup vouchers £2.50 = £24.50
    minus £18 vouchers = £6.50
    Minus BG £5.98 = roughly 50p to pay.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs wrote: »
    VT its on all weekend:D

Thanks.
    Still not found my nectar card and having trouble registering the new one but can pinch mums card to play as I spend her points anyway.
    So £10 shops or £10 fuel. Think can squeeze £40 in car as half full and need a trip to ikea before the car is changed end of November.
    £10 shops are easy as I need some new leggings.

V x

• bubbs
    Forumite
    Thanks.
    Still not found my nectar card and having trouble registering the new one but can pinch mums card to play as I spend her points anyway.
    So £10 shops or £10 fuel. Think can squeeze £40 in car as half full and need a trip to ikea before the car is changed end of November.
    £10 shops are easy as I need some new leggings.

V x

There is a list of excluded petrol stations will find it for you x
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I did manage a Nectar shop - 3 petrol shops gave 2 x 500pts and 1 x 2000 :). Then popped instore for a couple of things and got another 2000, so well worth the detour.
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    The Swipe and Win promotion is available at Sainsbury’s to Nectar card customers only.
    Promotion open to UK residents, aged 18 and above.
    The promotional period is 00:01 on 14 October to 23:59 on 16 October 2016.
    To enter the promotion, simply meet the qualifying conditions by spending £10 or more, excluding items listed in Term 5, in one transaction at Sainsbury’s Supermarkets and Petrol Stations, or Sainsbury’s Online Groceries for delivery or collection between 14 – 16 October 2016 and swipe your Nectar card in store or enter your Nectar card details online. Centrals and Locals, Sainsbury’s Cafes, Pay at Pump petrol stations and the following petrol stations are excluded from the promotion: Aberdeen (Garthdee Road), Archer Road, Balham Nightingale Lane Local, Balsall Common Local, Bath, Biddulph, Bishops Waltham, Blackpool, Braintree, Bridgemead, Bristol Nags Head Hill Local, Burpham, Cameron Toll (Edinburgh), Charlton Riverside (Greenwich), Chertsey, Cobham, Colne, Craigavon, Cramlington, Currie Lanark Road West Local, Dartmouth, Dorridge, Droitwich Worcester Road Local, Dronfield, Dungannon, East Filton, East Kilbride, Edenthorpe (Thorne Road), Eltham, Ely, Forestside, Fosse Park, Glasgow Woodlands Local, Glen Road, Haverhill, Hazel Grove, Heaton, Newcastle, Kimberley, Livingston, Horley Bonehurst Road Local, Keighley, Hempstead Valley, Isle of Wight, London Colney, Lower Richmond Road Local, Marshalswick Local, Meadowhall North, Meadowhall South, Morecambe, Northfield, Perton, Queens Road, Rawdon Apperley Lane Local, Redditch, Shorehead, Stratton, Taunton, Telford, Wakefield Ings Road, Wantage, Wednesfield, West Houghton, Whitehouse Farm, Worksop.
    Qualifying spend excludes spirits and liqueurs, first stage baby milk products, National Lottery, Tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e top-up, pay point payments, charity products and car park tickets.
    All entrants meeting the qualifying conditions will receive a reward coupon. Every customer will receive a minimum of 200 points. Available prizes are: 47,000 prizes of 5000 Nectar points, 862,000 prizes of 2000 Nectar points, 766,000 prizes of 1000 Nectar points, 1.7 million prizes of 500 Nectar points and are allocated at random. Each prize is inclusive of 200 gift points.
    Points are rewarded as a coupon at till that must be redeemed in store in order for points to be awarded to your Nectar card.
    There is no limit on the number of Swipe and Win entries per customer. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize.
    Swipe and Win winning coupons are valid for a single use only and must be handed to the cashier with a Nectar card or placed in the self-scan collection slot by 30 October 2016. Photocopies are not accepted. Lost, expired or damaged coupons cannot be replaced.
    Swipe and Win winning coupons must be redeemed in store. They may not be redeemed online. The coupon remains the property of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd and is not for resale, publication, auction or transfer. Normal voucher terms and conditions apply.
    No purchase necessary route available in Northern Ireland only. To enter please email swipeandwin@sainsburys.co.uk by 23:59 on 16 October 2016 with your contact details and Nectar card number, and a coupon will be allocated to you and Nectar points added to your account within 28 days of the promotion ending. Notification of points prize will be via email. Only one no purchase necessary route per Northern Ireland customer.
    Sainsbury’s reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
    Promoter, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. Reg 3261722 England.

There you go x
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hey hun I just checked now and there are little dish vouchers still being given out xxx

Ooh. thank you so much! I just went on their website and it said the promotion was ended. But now, with your encouragement, I went to their Facebook page and found the 'get a free pot or pie from Tesco' page. Am just about to claim some vouchers. Shame they are fresh and can't go in the food bank but they won't be wasted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure