Help with NDR ( debt recovery)

I have a debt with Littlewoods catalogue which has been passed over to their debt recovery dept NDR, I have been paying it off as best as I can and in October I set up a standing order fo £60.00 per month, can't really afford that much but just want to get them off my back. The problem I have is they want the money every 28 days but as I have explained to them I only get paid once a month, this means that this month I have incurred a £12.00 admin charge, it will be the same next month because they want the next payment on 17th Dec and I don't get paid till 22nd.
How can I get it transferred to a another agency that will accept monthly payments, at the moment for every £60.00 I pay only £48.0 will come off the debt.
Paid off so far Natwest overdraft £1900 Kays catalogue £200 Personal Loan £2500 Tax Credit £1300 J D Williams
Still to go Barclaycard £880 Sainsburys CC £38.80 Littlewoods CC £208 Vanquis CC £390 Littlewoods Cat £821.38 Next £75.26

Comments

• Gale_10
    Gale_10 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Hello there,

I have an account with Littlewoods, which is not in arrears or anything, and I have written to them and asked for a CCA, which is a consumer credit agreement. If they don't have it - and I am pretty darn sure they don't - I don't have to pay it.

And, if they don't have one for you, you don't have to pay it either!

Its like this. Catalogue companies in particular are very greedy, and get people to take out credit with them as soon as possible. The are in fact so greedy that they don't do their paperwork properly. The law says they must have this CCA, so you know what you are getting into, but then they have to send it to you, you sign it and send it back to them, and they really don't want to wait. So they don't bother. But then, when we find out about it, we don't have to pay them.

Thank you very much Littlewoods.

Here is a template letter which you could send:

Littlewoods Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited,
    1st Floor,
    Skyways House,
    Speke Road,
    Speke,
    Liverpool
    L70 1AB

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir/Madam,

Re:− Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXX

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
    Your name

Now if they can't send it in the 12+2 days, they are officially in default, and if they cannot send it in 30 days, they are committing a criminal offence.

Mostly likely, that is the last you will hear of them.

Incidentally, some people feel that you have a moral obligation to pay the debts anyway, but I do not feel like that. If Littlewoods could use the law to make someone pay, they would do so ruthlessly and mercilessly. So a little bit of their own medicine will do them the power of good, in my opinion.

Gale

[/FONT]

Littlewoods £457 requested CCA 30.11.07
    As at 30/11/07!

Successfully reclaimed charges from Barclaycard, A+L in my sights now.

All debts interest free now!

• Well I did what you said and requested a copy of credit agreement, have waited 40 days and then rang them only to be told they don't have one on file which means I've never signed anything. Up until now I've been quite happy to pay them off monthly but yet again I've had another letter from NDR saying they want the whole lot or it's to be paid every 28 days. I've even asked for it to be transferred to another agency but they say they can't as yet.

Now I don't feel like paying it at all as they.ve been so unhelpful, what's my next step.
    Paid off so far Natwest overdraft £1900 Kays catalogue £200 Personal Loan £2500 Tax Credit £1300 J D Williams
    Still to go Barclaycard £880 Sainsburys CC £38.80 Littlewoods CC £208 Vanquis CC £390 Littlewoods Cat £821.38 Next £75.26
  • donnalove
    donnalove Posts: 574 Forumite
    Well I did what you said and requested a copy of credit agreement, have waited 40 days and then rang them only to be told they don't have one on file which means I've never signed anything. Up until now I've been quite happy to pay them off monthly but yet again I've had another letter from NDR saying they want the whole lot or it's to be paid every 28 days. I've even asked for it to be transferred to another agency but they say they can't as yet.

Now I don't feel like paying it at all as they.ve been so unhelpful, what's my next step.

well don't pay them anything until they produce the agreement, if as you said they don't have it there is nothing they can do.
    as the 30 days has past they are in default, i think there's a follow up letter but not sure where to find it. you must report them to the relevant authorities.
    once you recieve the letter from them stating that they can't chase you, you can either: offer a reduce settlement iE a third of what you owe them and ask them to mark your credit files as satisfied, or pay nothing not a didley squat and put up with 6 years of having the default on your file.
    i chose to put up with 6 years of default, but now i can't use my abound/additions as they are now a connected company.
    umm now there's a thought maybe i should, ask them for my cca........lol

donnalove
    xx
  • hello , i recently requested my cca from littlewoods as i was been hounded by NDR.

i got a reply from them saying:

we have received your letter dated xxxx
    unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of an executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a copy of the current agreement which applied to this type of account, this version includes all contractual variations which have taken place.

The letter they sent with it was a standard copy of a credit agreement stating the terms of contract, but it does not have my name , address, or signature anywhere on it, only spaces for me to fill in and sign.

Does this mean they dont have the agreement and i dont have to pay them, and if so what do i do now?
  • ssteer
    ssteer Posts: 22 Forumite
    NDR got really shirty with me when I asked to set up a standing order. I was told it had to be by debit card or at the post office but I haven't got a very good memory so I'd forget to pay by debit card or go to the post office.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    lewis2758 wrote: »

Does this mean they dont have the agreement and i dont have to pay them, and if so what do i do now?

Hi That is precisely what it means. You need to send the bogoff letter to them

lewis2758 wrote: »
    hello , i recently requested my cca from littlewoods as i was been hounded by NDR.

i got a reply from them saying:

we have received your letter dated xxxx
    unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of an executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a copy of the current agreement which applied to this type of account, this version includes all contractual variations which have taken place.

The letter they sent with it was a standard copy of a credit agreement stating the terms of contract, but it does not have my name , address, or signature anywhere on it, only spaces for me to fill in and sign.

What they are hoping is either that you do not knwo the law or even better from their point of view, is that you do not know the law and will sign the form and send it vbbakc, which means that you become liable.

Will post bogoff letter as soon as I can.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ssteer wrote: »
    NDR got really shirty with me when I asked to set up a standing order. I was told it had to be by debit card or at the post office but I haven't got a very good memory so I'd forget to pay by debit card or go to the post office.

Please never never pay a DCA by credit card or debit card. What they do is help themselves to your money in future, if fo instance they decide to collect the whol of the rest of the debt in one go, without telling you. And because you gave the number to the DCa, you have no comeback via the bank.

Similiarly re DDs as they can alter the sum.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • hi RAS , thanks for your help i will keep a look out for the letter, i really hope ppl dont fall for that and sign the letter they send out and send it back, lol ,
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,
    Can I ask a quick question, if you applied for a catalogue online does this mean that there is no CCA to be had or do they have the form you would have signed online to be used as a CCA. If that makes sense!

Heather.
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Heffi1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Can I ask a quick question, if you applied for a catalogue online does this mean that there is no CCA to be had or do they have the form you would have signed online to be used as a CCA. If that makes sense!

Heather.

hi there, some websites now use a simple tick box which is meant to represent your signature aftre reading the credit agreement, if you ticked a box like that , they will argue that this is your online signature, but if you were never asked to tick a box as a signature, then i think the same rules apply, best to get a second opinion though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure