No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries July 2017

Comments

• ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    WJN222 wrote: »
    morning all - hope everyone is enjoying the sun :)

another sample sized UU for me
    UU: Charlotte Tilbury miracle cream sample: WNBA nice enough but nothing special for the price tag!

July 6 UU: 1 IN

I always wonder about the Charlotte Tilbury stuff it it's any good...I've not tried any as the price tag puts me right off! :eek:
  • pirateyqueen
    pirateyqueen Posts: 463
    First Post
    Forumite
    3 UU:
    • Garnier Ultimate Blends Strength Restorer 1 Minute Treatment – WNBA, nothing special
    • Garnier Ultimate Blends Honey Mask – WNBA, nothing special
    • Soap & Glory Righteous Butter – WBA, love a good body butter!

4 INs
    • Living Proof Full Shampoo - have finally run out of all shampoo and conditioner, so I've treated myself to this set
    • Living Proof Full Conditioner
    • Superdrug Glycolic Pads - these were on offer so I thought I'd give them a go to use on my body to get rid of bumps. Seems to be working really well so far!
    •Sanex hand cream
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Two INs today:

Tigi Bedhead Dumb Blonde Shampoo 750ml
    Tigi Bedhead Dumb Blonde Reconstructor 750ml

Both necessary as nearing the end of my current ones. And I got them for £14, so not too bad.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have a uu

Fake Bake Amplify 236ml - WNB, this came in a M&S beauty box I think and it is more aimed at people boosting a natural tan but it does do the gradual tan thing, dries reasonably quickly and moisturises too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • i may have missed caudalie shower gel. nice but have a tonne to use up

tossed out la roche posey vit c moisturiser. it oxidized very fast and i would be reluctant to keep it beyond the expiry. It was free so no real loss but i would be very reluctant to buy it
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    VS conditioner from hair dye kit. Love this stuff.

Kind Natured conditioner. Love this too.

Rituals Himalayan Salt Scrub. WDNBA. Waste of money. Very dry and difficult to apply.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 7 July 2017 at 3:17PM
    Back in for this month, and some things to report already.

UU:
    - Clinique for men charcoal face wash 30ml. WBA - Really liked this! Don't know why this is only 'for men' - I ignore that anyway. But a really nice effective cleanser.
    - Kiehls Daily Reviving Concentrate sample. WMB - skin is very happy and balanced today after using this. I always get on well with Kiehls, and I do like oil based treatments too. I'll look into it, and maybe purchase if the price is right.

And some INs:
    - NYX warm neutrals palette. A cheaper version of the new UD Naked Heat palette :) Got it based on this review, and because I already have one of their palettes in a different colour combo, which I get on well with. http://www.beauddiction.com/2017/06/two-drugstore-dupes-for-naked-heat.html
    - And I also succumbed to the Elemis QVC TSV :o Delivery driver just arrived with it 10minutes ago.

I'm not keeping all of it though - but it did have a few of my HG products in it, plus a new night treatment I wanted. I'm keeping: frangipani monoi oil and body lotion (HG products) and the Night cream-to-oil. Have already agreed to sell the cleansing balm through the QVSell FB group, and have also listed the marine cream and shower nectar (both of which I love, I just already have a lot of them!). So not awful INs :whistle:

Also sold two other pro-collagen marine cream a few days ago through the same group (seriously, I have loads :rotfl:) and the buyer confirmed delivery yesterday, so two additional outs, offsetting the QVC purchase cost a little...
  • ChicaBonita

I have my own PP going on, deadling 31st September, of the following items:
    • Finish shimmery eyeshadow in MUA 2 palette
    • Clarins liquid facial tan
    • No7 lipgloss
      [STRIKE]
    • Mac lipstick in viva glam 5[/STRIKE]
    • HIt pan on 1 new blush
    • vita liberata facial fake tan
    • ELF loose powder
    • Burberry body spray
    • Marc jacobs lipstick
    • Finish gold eyeshadow in MUA 2 palette
    • Jack Wills body spray
    • Hit pan on one new eyeshadow
    • Finish sop & glory higlight/bronzer

UU my mac lipstick in Viva Glam V (I said 4 originally but that was wrong!) It's my first ever MAC lipstick and the pan inside the tube was so DEEP! It had a good 2-3 week's worth of product in there, and that was with me scraping it out multiple times a day at work.

I WBA, it's a lovely nude-y colour that has shimmers in, which works well for me as I'm not a fan of flat nudes on myself. I have a maybelline dupe of this to use now, so wouldn't need another one for a while.
  • ChicaBonita
    Fixx that NYX palette looks like a good dupe for the UD one! I'm not sure how I'd get on with colours like that but it looks to have a good range. Are their eyeshadows creamy or powdery?
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Fixx that NYX palette looks like a good dupe for the UD one! I'm not sure how I'd get on with colours like that but it looks to have a good range. Are their eyeshadows creamy or powdery?

Ooops, I forgot to add the link to the review/dupes :rotfl: Have added it now :)

And its this one (I really like this blogger - US based, but very straightforward posts): http://www.beauddiction.com/2017/06/two-drugstore-dupes-for-naked-heat.html

I do the nyx shadows very similar to UD, I can't really tell much of a difference from UD formulas :) I already had the nyx smokey palette, and I've found the colours lasting well from that, though I always use a primer too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure