The Compers Inn (part 47)

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Tuesday is my night out, and last night I had a little windfall. There is a football card draw every so often at the music club, as we are on a sports club's premises. Cardiff City had already gone, so I ignored inter-city rivalry and went for national pride with Swansea. Good move, and I was £20 richer as a result. I came home with more money than I went out with. :D
    Going to have a wee look at any 31st prizes I fancy. I have just reviewed a Berghaus jacket, gobsmacked at the price. I have a fancy folding single bed on the way as well, can't be bad. Means I can cater for more than one overnight guest now without utilising the couch.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • scifijules
    scifijules Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi, first post in here and it's a moan about something - for Gleam comps that want my DOB today, nothing happens when I enter the data, can't go any further! Anyone else having this problem?
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry scifijules but I don't enter the gleam ones. Will it let you miss it out perhaps?

Well done on the blind card win McCulloch :j I entered one of those yesterday but not sure what won yet.

Took DD1 to drs today. She has big lumps in her throat again and could hardly breath properly yesterday so was asking to get her tonsils out. I tried calling drs for an app from 8am yesterday when it opened but it was engaged for 40 mins non stop! When it finally started ringing it was then ringing for 22 mins! So when they finally answered I was asked to explain symptoms and that dr would ring back. A nurse called back at 1:35pm and gave me an appointment for today. So we then waited in empty waiting room for 25 mins today then to be told it was symptoms of her sjoergrens syndrome and to just leave it until her next hospital appointment! :mad: To say I was annoyed is an understatement! How on earth are you suppose to get a decent drs appointment nowadays!
    Anyone else watching BGT? Not sure about tonight's acts!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    1de40266e512367a44dba2039f201581.jpg

good morning all :wave:
    beautiful sunny morning here :dance:

hope it's a nice one for you all mini-graphics-flowers-175012.gif

well done on your windfall mcculloch :T:T

(((hugs))) for DD wingo x
    I've been watching BGT but must admit it's
    not been holding
    my attention much this time round,

sending all lots of good luck wishes for a
    lucky june & hope everyone has a lovely day 967.gif
    x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Scifijules I don't do gleam but I was recently doing a web com and was frustrated when it wouldn't go through. I put dd/mm/yyyy they wanted
    dd-mm-yyyy some want yyyy/mm/dd. Don't know if it's like that with gleam.

Ho Wingo big hugs for your DD1. How frustrating. We have had new Drs these last two years and it's the same as yours for appointments. It's no wonder people are going to A&E. Do hope she feels better soon.

McCulloch you are on a roll. Well done on your win and goods for reviews, jacket and bed both sound really useful. Well done.

We too went out last night. We treated ourselves at a Pizza place Sheils will be pleased to hear I downloaded a 25% code and it worked. DH was amazed. We went to the new play Not Dead Enough adapted from a book by crime writer Peter James. It's been on a tour all over the country and was very good. The actors are mainly from the soaps, which we don't watch so who they were went over us but they were good. It just showed up that we both desperately need hearing tests.

Well I've just found an email and I've won another Goodreads book. I am very selective with the ones I go in for but seem to be lucky with them. The last one to arrive was posted from Australia, which cost a lot for them to post.

Suns out here just one GS today so must do something with him.

Hope every has a good and luck day.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    name-graphics-june-165704.gif

Good Morning,
    Looking a bit dull and rain supposed to appear later. Had to water plants last night so at least I shouldn't have to do that.

Hope sun stays for you FF and you get the puzzles done quickly.

Hope your DD is feeling better today wingo. Scottish schools don't get the end of May week, their exams start then instead!

Well done mcculloch.

Alfie, hope the dogs are behaving and not being bullied by bees or cats again.

Great you used a voucher leanfun. My DD always amazes her bf and friends by producing vouchers when she goes to Bella Italia (her favourite restaurant) So many of these places are well over priced so you need to use something. Well done on another book win.

I am off to Montrose tomorrow so might not be about very much for a few days.
    Good luck to everyone for June.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg4c_chfp2f0ghvoZTpp58Uw2xaj-5e9qe_zJ1ruhdUhqSBs2Lhappyflower.gif

:hello: Good morning everyone

I hope you're all ok on this gorgeous first day of June. :)

It's another beautiful day here - sun is shining away and
    all is well. :D

smileys-sunbathing-767100.gif

I had a lovely day yesterday in the garden with the
    doglets. Even managed to fit in a bit of mowing smileys-gardening-147427.gif
    although I think the Spaniel thought that the 'nasty
    mower' was attacking me going by her reaction to it! :D
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Very well done on your windfall mcculloch! Brilliant to
    come home with more money than you first started
    with! :T

Sending big ((((hugs)))) for DD wingo. Didn't agree with
    the young boy going through yesterday on BGT - thought
    his act was very poor. Yet again it seems most of the
    decent acts are not given a chance! Ho hum!

Sorry I can't help with your problem scifijules . I'm the
    same as wingo - never enter Gleam comps. Hope you can
    manage to get round it somehow. x

Sounds as if you had a brilliant time yesterday leanfun with
    the play and the meal! Very MSE :money: downloading the
    voucher code! :D

Very well done on another Goodreads book win - absolutely
    brilliant! :T

Lol sheils re the doggies - I was out in the garden earlier
    today just in time to see the very same local moggy legging
    it over the fence and the Spaniel didn't even notice! :doh: :rotfl:
    Have a wonderful few days away in Montrose. :)

Lovely family are flying back today, due at mine this evening
    but they're not going back home until Saturday - I'm being
    treated to a scrumptious Italian meal Friday evening. :grinheart

Have a lovely and lucky day all and please take care
    whatever you're up to. :)

Alfie xxx smileys-gardening-291500.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Evening everyone, hope your all well. I have not long got in. Been to work then went shopping. Came home then popped out to get bits i couldn't get at first shop..lol..It's very warm here today,got fan on doing overtime but not really cooling us down. I had a WEM from a marketing company that checked out ok and won a Aldi Telegraph wine prize draw. £50 to spend on their wines. Great start to the month.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Been hot here too Indie.ive been iut to park with GS.

Well done on your wine win.

Sheils hope you enjoy Montrose and weather holds.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, just arrived back from Filey. It was a lovely holiday although we did have 2 days of rain.

Welll done on any wins while we have been away.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport