Motor Ombudsman Advice

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    sambobo wrote: »
    Good point - yes I have observed that happening as a result of the flywheel problem. 75mpg before, 30mpg after. Tyre tread i havent been monitoring. thanks I will get that included in my next correspondence with the Motor Ombudsman.

Given that the post you quoted was sarcasm, I presume your reply is in the same vein?
  • sambobo
    sambobo Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2017 at 11:26AM
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Given that the post you quoted was sarcasm, I presume your reply is in the same vein?
    I'm trying to find the word for the nature of my reply. Adrian has sarcastically told me a fact which is actually true and I hadn't previously thought of before. In honesty, I assumed the 30mpg figure as difficult to calculate accurately after only a few weeks.
  • sambobo
    Options
    I'm trying to find the word for the nature of my reply. Adrian has sarcastically told me a fact which is actually true and I hadn't previously thought of before. In honesty, I assumed the 30mpg figure as difficult to calculate accurately after only a few weeks.
    I think its the same word for when you thank the cat for bringing you a dead rat in from the garden as a present. "thank you mr cat. now don't do it again"
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    This is going the way of the 'did I or did I not imagine hitting a cyclist' thread.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

MPG being impacted is a possibility ... but you seriously think the alleged fault could cause excessive wear on your tyres? :eek:
  • BeenThroughItAll
    BeenThroughItAll Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    MPG being impacted is a possibility ... but you seriously think the alleged fault could cause excessive wear on your tyres? :eek:
    Why not, the air conditioning compressor has somehow been affected, as has the alternator, apparently.

Oh, and the fabric of the space-time continuum.
  • sambobo
    edited 8 June 2017 at 1:40PM
    Options
    MPG being impacted is a possibility ... but you seriously think the alleged fault could cause excessive wear on your tyres?
    considering it. not sure if there's enough evidence for that though. Do you think that tyres wear faster if you drive less economically or do they wear the same?

Edit for Adrians Sake before he reads this: My opinion is that tyres wear differently depending on your driving style and not having a clutch seriously impairs your driving style. However, I did check the tyres before taking to the garage and they look ok. I do not think the integrity of the tyres is degraded much but maybe just a couple of extra mm wear.
  • sambobo
    Options
    Why not, the air conditioning compressor has somehow been affected, as has the alternator, apparently.

Oh, and the fabric of the space-time continuum.
    The alternator is just speculation so not apparent yet. now you are drifting into the realms of fantasy..
  • BeenThroughItAll
    BeenThroughItAll Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    Options
    The alternator is just speculation so not apparent yet. now you are drifting into the realms of fantasy..

Pot, Kettle...
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    considering it. not sure if there's enough evidence for that though. Do you think that tyres wear faster if you drive less economically or do they wear the same?

Edit for Adrians Sake before he reads this: My opinion is that tyres wear differently depending on your driving style and not having a clutch seriously impairs your driving style. However, I did check the tyres before taking to the garage and they look ok. I do not think the integrity of the tyres is degraded much but maybe just a couple of extra mm wear.

That's "just" 30% of the tyres' life. Definitely a warranty claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure