Vodafone discount

Hi,

Vodafone give 30% milatary discount with their contracts . Thought it would helpful for anyone that didn't know 😊

Comments

• curty510
    curty510 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Vodafone not only apply this discount(thought it was 20%), but when you deploy they will freeze your account for the term of deployment free of charge. Very supportive of the UK military. Shame EE,O2, are not
    debt free, savings in the bank
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I was told, by a Vodafone rep, that if you have a family member who is serving then they will apply the discount on YOUR account. Not sure if this is true, my Dad serves in the army buy I already get 30% off my contract plan so pointless in trying.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Samantha_EE
    Samantha_EE Posts: 27 Organisation Representative
    curty510 wrote: »
    Vodafone not only apply this discount(thought it was 20%), but when you deploy they will freeze your account for the term of deployment free of charge. Very supportive of the UK military. Shame EE,O2, are not
    Hi curty510 If you or a family member are employed in the Army, Navy, Air Force or as any other type of military personnel and are posted overseas, you can suspend your pay monthly contract for up to 12 months without incurring any monthly charges with EE. You can find out more here http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/life-events Thanks Sam
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • curty510
    Hi curty510 If you or a family member are employed in the Army, Navy, Air Force or as any other type of military personnel and are posted overseas, you can suspend your pay monthly contract for up to 12 months without incurring any monthly charges with EE. You can find out more here http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/life-events Thanks Sam

Samantha, thats handy for people to know, but is that just on postings? and not detachments up to 6 months?
  • curty510
    Oakdene wrote: »
    I was told, by a Vodafone rep, that if you have a family member who is serving then they will apply the discount on YOUR account. Not sure if this is true, my Dad serves in the army buy I already get 30% off my contract plan so pointless in trying.
    Not just yours, Im serving in HM Forces and the discount has been applied to my sons account. We were upfront with Vodafone and told them it was me serving and my sons own contract, they applied the discount right away, had to be done in store though.

Thumbs up VODAFONE
  • I think you should stay for 1 year
    :beer:
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think you should stay for 1 year

With Vodafone, or on an out-of-area deployment ?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure