2017 - A year of change and positivity

Comments

• Productive day workwise -managed to keep my head down and get everything that needed doing done. Popped to Aldi at lunch and got a few supplies to see us through the weekend.

Managed to have a sort of the eBay stash and have moved everything already listed into boxes in the spare room. Still got so much to list. On the plus side I've sold another 2 items, totalling £20. I've transferred this straight to cc3. So far this month I've paid off £87 via eBay and fb. I need to be aiming for £132 a month if I'm going to clear it by the end of June. That doesn't include interest though which was over £9 this month :eek:

No real plans for the weekend. Hoping for a nice quiet and cheap one!
  • What a wet and miserable day! Doesn't really motivate you for much other than curling up under the duvet - I wish!!!!

So yesterday I went on my longest ever run - 12.6 miles!!!! I didn't mean to go that far but it was feeling good so I kept going. Half marathon distance is within touching distance. Just as well really as I've entered my first one in April.

I've managed to list some more eBay items this morning and will hopefully get more done this evening.

Need to make some soup for lunch for work and batch cook a bolagnese. Dining room also needs blitzing, laundry needs doing, bedroom needs tidying and recycling needs taking out.

Right best get cracking x
  • And other £5 sales just happened :)
  • Morning!
    DS has just spent the last 30 mins babbling away to himself, so nice early wake up call via the baby monitor for me! I've been spying on him on the monitor willing the little monkey back to sleep!

Listed another 8 items yesterday and 2 have sold already :T £11 in total so straight off cc3. This is now well below the £700 mark, so pleased with that. Need to get them packaged up but need to be 100% sure little one is asleep before I start rummaging around upstairs!

Weigh in tonight - not looking forward to it :( diet really seems to have gone out the window at the minute. Whilst the exercise is good, I really need them both to work side by side and shift this excess. Will go and face the music tonight and then come home and meal plan....

Nice suprise whilst checking my spreadsheet yesterday - I realised I hadn't marked water as paid, so this freed up £55. Still very tight, but given there's only one weekend til payday we should be ok.

Right I think DS is safely asleep - I'm going to put the kettle on (again) and dig out the ebay bits x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    My DD is 15 months. The kettle is always on here too :) Hope you have a good day!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks Bobarella! Kettles always on, time to drink it on the other hand :rotfl:

Had an amazing day sale wise yesterday. After waking up to the £5 sale, another £42 worth sold throughout the day :D needless to say this has gone straight off cc3. Progress is being made.

In other news, it was weigh in night last night - I've put on another 2lb :o sooooo cross with myself . Need to get back on it in a big way. 1st 1lb to go! Will sit and meal plan later today.

I'm just about to drag myself out for a 5k and then to do the ponies. Have a good day x
  • Morning!
    So yesterday was first day back taking SW seriously. Coupled with a 5k run, fingers crossed it kick starts some weight loss.

One week to pay day and we're not far off skint. Need to pop to Aldi for a few bits today but will make sure it's just essentials.

Next month we've got landlord insurance to pay (£120) and OH car tax (£97) so need to adjust budget and repayment pot accordingly. Good news is no council tax next month!

Managed to list 3 items this morning -will try and get more on later. Gradually working my way down the huge pile cluttering the dining room.

Right best get out the pjs, get dressed and get out to feed the ponies x
  • Morning!
    Pants night sleep as little one kept stirring and OH was snoring - going to be a long day!

Yesterday, popped to the market rather than Aldi as it was just fruit and veg I needed. May have worked out slightly cheaper - I don't know really.

Second full day back on SW and feeling more positive about it. The sooner I get back in target range the sooner I stop paying to weigh in. Currently 0.5 stone outside range :eek: I WILL get back there though.

2 good sales yesterday totalling £27 and a further 5 items listed. Will pop the money in the current account for now to help tide us over til payday. Feels like wasted sales as it's so satisfying to pay it off the card, but realistically need the money to see us through.

Time to get moving - have a good day x
  • Arrrrgh!!! The curse of countdown to payday strikes again! Emergency trip to the vets yesterday with woof - que anti inflammatories and anti biotics and £50 bill. Main thing is tho is that woofs ok as I had all sorts of things going through my mind. This has pretty much wiped out OD payments for the month but never mind.

Slow cookers batched cooked lots of SW friendly meals so now the freezer is nice and full of quick healthy meals which will hopefully help me stay on track.

6k run yesterday need to check total amount ytd. Was aiming for 100km per month so may be a little off the mark there.

Busy but cheap day today. DS has a birthday party and we're at my parents for Sunday dinner this afternoon.

£17 in sales yesterday. Will pop this in the joint account for now to help see us through. Having a busy day today means it keeps OH out of the supermarket and forces us to make do! Might need bread and milk but little more besides.

Right need to study the spreadsheet and make sure everything's covered for next month. Some biggish expenses so looks like it may be a month of minimum payments and anything else will be a bonus x
  • Lovely but long day yesterday - I crawled into bed about 8pm pretty much straight after putting DS to bed! Knock on effect this morning- no clothes ready for work, no lunch made and parcels to wrap!!!! Best get a move on!

Operation get tidy starts today! I'm sick of living in a pig sty. Going to aim to declutter / tidy one room a day this week- that's the plan anyway. I'm going to work armed with my notebook so I can sit at lunch and draw up my master plan. I want to be house proud!!!!!

Money wise nothing to report - 3 days to pay day and it can't come soon enough. Although the OD payment got given to the vet we've not done too bad in other payments. Next month will be tight again as got a couple of annual bills to pay but with a bit of planning we'll get there.

Right best get on x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport