I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Comments

• ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Keep dreaming Lynsey - your dreams may come true :D

Sweet n sour mystery meat and a bag of frozen rice for husband for tonight's dinner. Sardines on toast for lunch for me (assuming they are still in date, must check!).

Another packet of crumpets out of the freezer :o

Have about four portions of mince and five portions of sausages in the freezer unmade - other than that, have no meat at all uncooked. The rest is all in meals already :)
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Hi Lipstick, I am in the North East at Chesterlestreet, are you local? I jinxed the weather though it is all clouded over and dark now.

I went to Morrissons and got 4x blocks of the cheese and a pack of YS sausage which is now forced in to the freezer for another day.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Lip_Stick, thanks for the PM..cake eating supposed low carbers sneering at my shopping choices did rather get my goat and OH's PTSD has been bad :( I'm just starting doing research again now as well.

My freezer is full up, thanks to some Sainsbury's So Organic special offers last Friday and I'm off to the country tomorrow to see my mother. I'm planning to visit Marks and Spencer (Ma won't need persuading) and some farm shops.

Hope you're all well, I'm off to charity shops to buy more clothes as the size 14 trousers are getting baggy :D Last time I got M&S black linen trousers x 2, black Monsoon linen skirt and M&S scarlet skirt.

Will look in ASDA for organic veg and Lidl cos when the leaflet came through my door it was soggy :D

xxx
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Had a dream last night where I won £5m+ on the lottery - checked my bank account and not in there yet!!!
    If I do get it, I'll treat you all to a holiday. :rotfl:

Lynsey

Best buy that lottery ticket or you'll always be wondering... 'what if?' p.s... if you do win, remember I told you to buy it. ;)
    Soworried wrote: »
    Hi Lipstick, I am in the North East at Chesterlestreet, are you local? I jinxed the weather though it is all clouded over and dark now.

I went to Morrissons and got 4x blocks of the cheese and a pack of YS sausage which is now forced in to the freezer for another day.

A bit more oop north than what I am. I'm in Hull. Just we had a discussion a while back about the use of the word 'bun'.
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Lip_Stick, thanks for the PM..cake eating supposed low carbers sneering at my shopping choices did rather get my goat and OH's PTSD has been bad :( I'm just starting doing research again now as well.

My freezer is full up, thanks to some Sainsbury's So Organic special offers last Friday and I'm off to the country tomorrow to see my mother. I'm planning to visit Marks and Spencer (Ma won't need persuading) and some farm shops.

Hope you're all well, I'm off to charity shops to buy more clothes as the size 14 trousers are getting baggy :D Last time I got M&S black linen trousers x 2, black Monsoon linen skirt and M&S scarlet skirt.

Will look in ASDA for organic veg and Lidl cos when the leaflet came through my door it was soggy :D

xxx

Ello chuck. Good to see you. You're doing well with your low-carbing. Really need to think about trying it out, just I've sooooo much pasta in the house, it's unreal. Hope your oh feels ok soon. x
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Allo Lip_Stick ;) thanks for asking abt OH, think it's going to be a long haul there, taken me years literally, to get him to see a psychologist. Sometimes it stirs up bad memories for him and he gets a bit spaced out and aggressive :( Using alcohol like a crutch doesn't help him <sigh> But he's doing the right thing, he says it helps.

Low carb isn't the easiest thing in the world to do in many ways, but no calorie counting and can eat as much as you want of the non carbs. If you lurve pasta though it's probably not the diet to do because none would make you :( Havin said that I used to love linguine and now I just wouldn't eat it.

Flo - enjoy your trip

Lynsey - after that dream, you should do the lottery, we do rollovers now on lucky dips when we remember :D

Sequenna congratulations :T We've got a small John Lewis chest freezer now because we're usually stashing meat, poultry and game that's all odd shapes. Foodari and Abel and Cole use heavy duty shrink wrap rather than plastic punnet things.

ammonite is your baby kicking yet ? I miss toasting crumpets by the fire but was always more intto the melted butter than the crumpet itself :)

soworried - enjoy your salmon !

katskorner - hope your grandmother gets better (((katskorner)))

cazj80 - wow that's the oldest butternut squash I've ever heard of ! Gnocchi sounds a great idea.

ms_night_ryder how was the sea bass ?
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2012 at 4:24PM
    Had a dream last night where I won £5m+ on the lottery - checked my bank account and not in there yet!!!
    If I do get it, I'll treat you all to a holiday. :rotfl:

Lynsey

Oh go on then! all inclusive 2 weeks in the carribean please! :rotfl:

Back to reality, i had some of the melon i bought from sainsburys over weekend, was really yummy, also had a pear, good too for lunch i had a jacket potatoe and cheese ys, so 25p spent on lunch lol.

Edwardia, having the seabass for dinner tonight, can't wait! will report back!

forgot i have also taken out a slice of my bday cake from freezer, its chocolate and m&s mmmmmmmmmmmmm, for after zumba of course, when i feel i can justify eating it! lol

Have now taken out, spinach and corn on cob, now thinking of some frozen peas to add to the rice, to go with seabass, yum yum, cant wait until dinner.

If i remember i will see what whoopsies are avaliable after zumba, need some gloves and bin bags anyway, hopefully some fruit and veg ys, may get another melon, we shall see, will also see if mr s are still doing multipacks of crisps for a £1 still and get a few packs.

I missed out on the ebay £10 what was that about, similar to their £5 giveaway?
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Thank you everyone!

ms_night_ryder that cake sounds gorgeous!!

Used up the 9p gammon from the freezer. Should have boiled it instead of roasting it. Bit salty so my son couldn't have any but was still nice :)

Freezers slowly going down, will have to go hunt for a few bargains. We'll be in Swansea tomorrow as my son is in hospital to see his plastic surgeon and occupational therapist. Think I'll have a gander in the big tesco there!
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Still no more news on Nan yet. Thanks for your support all x

Supposed to be taking boys to BBQ party tonight and it is flippin' raining again. I am cooking them an early tea of jackets pots with cheese from the jubilee ys haul I got so that is bulk out of freezer. Fancy a curry later so probably get hubby to dig out a madras if it is big enough to share or get him to cook a chicken bhuna. Not many HM meals left in freezer but still nearly full.

£5.50 odd spend in lidl today on peas, milk, 30% off large lasagne dated 17/7 (?) and two packs thirst pockets on offer at 99p each.

approx £160 to last till end of month.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

Oh go on then! all inclusive 2 weeks in the carribean please! :rotfl:

I missed out on the ebay £10 what was that about, similar to their £5 giveaway?

Ok then Carribean it will be, thinking more of a weekend in Blackpool though. :D

Ebay give-away was similar, yes. Got a code to enter for £10 off household/garden stuff - nice gesture (more please).

Sequeena - hope all goes to plan with your Son.

Had to pick up a small parcel from Tesco and bought 2 packets of cheese and onion Cheddars @ 46p per packet - 92p spent so far, but would have liked a NSD.

Used 2 more L'Oreal coupons - 2 x Perfect Clear @ £2.63 and used 2 x £2.50 coupons, 13p each. lol
    A lot more expensive elsewhere, so maybe a thought if using L'Oreal skincare coupons??

Think I'll put the lottery on tonight in case I forget. :rotfl:

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all.

Had a lovely time at park this afternoon. Bought ds sausage and chips which he tucked into. Not had any myself, not feeling too hungry after a big dinner. He had a splash about in the paddling pool which was nice to see after the awful weather we've been having.

Ds though went demented on the way home. He wanted a milkshake. By the time I got him in his room he was kicking and fighting me. Not often he goes like that, think it was the panda pop he drank (mind you he only had about half of it), and being tired!

Oh well, least he's in bed now, thank goodness lol

Not spent anything other than ds' tea and drinks while out. Need to get toothpaste for us both tomorrow. Trying not to spend too much before we go away, although tesco are doing a half price canvas offer and I'm really tempted to get the disney cowboy pic of ds done in greyscale.

Sequenna, congratulations on expecting. :)

Edwardia - didn't say I loved pasta, just that I've got heaps in lol. Part of that is to do with a 3kg bag I bought for £2. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Lynsey - I'll bagsy the Maldives thanks! Looks a fab place for building sandcastles. :D

ms_night_ryder - never had seabass, so do tell us your thoughts on it. Would like to try it.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure