I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Comments

• OH is having whoopsied pork chops for dinner. They are much bigger than he realised so he is going to save one cooked one to have with pasta for dinner tomorrow. I hate pork chops, so I had quiche and jacket potato.

I have a glut of potatoes. I got a massive bag for 30p after Christmas and didn't realise I still had 1 and 1/2 bags in the cupboard...not sure what to do with them. Will make and freeze a load of mash but still got a lot to get through!

Been studiously avoiding the supermarket until I have absolutely no choice. Probably can manage til Friday
    Staring point of debt £23,343:mad:
    £12245 4/7/11:j
  • I have a glut of potatoes. I got a massive bag for 30p after Christmas and didn't realise I still had 1 and 1/2 bags in the cupboard...not sure what to do with them.

If you have a sainsburys near you take a look and see if they have any of the Swartz spice mixes (next to the packet sauces in our shop) They are down to 10p just now and they have an Aloo Sagg mix. Just add this to potatoes, onion, spinach (i used frozen) and some tomatoes. It was so simple and soooo tasty. We had it last night and tonight with some fried paneer cheese inside wraps. :)
    June GC £130.93/£150
    Wedding Date Set 13th October 2012 :T
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    98p spent in Sainsburys tonight.
    2 chicken and mushroom Pukka pies @ 39p each, pack of 12 Warburtons bread buns @ 10p and a pack of hot cross buns @ 10p. Loads of bread and bagels for 10p but don't need any, we'll have bacon sandwiches tomorrow for breakfast and the birds will get a feast. Pukka pies for lunch with homemade wedgers and I'm thinking of the Jamie Oliver tip with the hot cross buns - half and coat with jam, put in casserole dish and cover with a tin of custard and bake.
    Loads of cheese reduced and quite a few fishcakes, but need none and being frugal. Plenty of sandwiches reduced also............but no meat!!!!

Easy day tomorrow then, for little cost.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Done well today using up, but not really freezer stuff, frubes, a clem, and apple brekkie, lunch was the leftover defrosted chilli, so that is now finished, had the remainding corn wrap and a plain tortilla with it.Dinner was nandos, chicken burger and sweetcorn.

took milk out of the freezer, so will be having that for breakkfast for the next 2 days with quaker oats porridge, lunch and dinner are ms jobs tomorrow, as was nandos today, so will be paid back. that will be it until friday, see you then.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Lynsey wrote: »
    I'm thinking of the Jamie Oliver tip with the hot cross buns - half and coat with jam, put in casserole dish and cover with a tin of custard and bake.

Lynsey

Like the sound of that. Often have teacakes I could use reduced and could just add a little spice.
    Used the three stale(ish) ones mum gave me to make a delish bread and butter pudding yesterday.

Have a spend of £2.50 to add to siggy for 20 huge aberdeen angus burgers. Gorgeous and a bargain from someone in the trade. :D

My dinner today was a pork shank, (morrie reduction £4 down to 25p)
    Others had burgers in burger buns (naturally reduced :pAsda 20p)

My lounge cabinet is slowly gaining space in the base and I'll be able to pack away some stuff thats meant to go in there soon.

I'm doing a Kirri tomorrow and having cauli cheese and jackets as I have one that needs using up, too. Can't wait, YUM.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    morning all lifted some mince out for tea, kids are gonna have pork pies (The party food type ones i found in the freezer) and spagetti for dinner, so i'll prob make us mince and taties and freeze a few portions for lunch, also lifted out a whole chicken to defrost for tomorrow, breakfast was rushed today kids had bananas in the car, then ds3 had the last of the frozen fruit salad (i won't be buying this again it wasn't great) and some toast, i'm about to have an egg and cheese pitta, undecided about lunch might do ds soup i'll prob still be full from my pitta
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins wrote: »
    morning all lifted some mince out for tea, kids are gonna have pork pies (The party food type ones i found in the freezer) and spagetti for dinner, so i'll prob make us mince and taties and freeze a few portions for lunch, also lifted out a whole chicken to defrost for tomorrow, breakfast was rushed today kids had bananas in the car, then ds3 had the last of the frozen fruit salad (i won't be buying this again it wasn't great) and some toast, i'm about to have an egg and cheese pitta, undecided about lunch might do ds soup i'll prob still be full from my pitta

I find the frozen fruit salad good for hiding in trifles and jelly. I have been amazed at cheap fruit from waitrose in tins, yes waitrose! Had some real bargains this year.

HHx
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    we don't have a waitrose :( (maybe thats a good thing) i keep value pineapple and peachs as a back up normally but i havent bought any on ages, i also have a bag of frosen starwberrys to use up but there abit tasteless, i was thinking maybe throw them in a sponge with lots of vanilla might help
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tonight we are having cheese and bacon potato pie with green beans, sweetcorn, an sprouts

Using up stuff rather than buying anymore this month!
  • Personally I think the only way to do strawberries is fresh. Raspberry freeze very well though. When I do a waitrose shop I do it on ocado website that way you can just pick out the bargains and get free or 99p delivery slot.

Vanilla sponge sounds yummy!

HHx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family