IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I missed the date to response to Claim Form

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Start reading the next stages - post 2 in the newbies thread :)
  • Hello again,
    I VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENING HERE
    I returned from holiday yesterday and found a letter from GS. They asking if i agree to Small Claims Mediation service. There is included Directions questioner and request for special direction, FORM N159
    What should i do? and what it is mean for me/?
  • P_20170906_192959.jpg?dl=0

P_20170906_193553.jpg?dl=0
    P_20170906_193607.jpg?dl=0
    To be more clear there are pictures of some pages.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENING HERE
    I returned from holiday yesterday and found a letter from GS. They asking if i agree to Small Claims Mediation service. There is included Directions questioner and request for special direction, FORM N159
    Have you read the NEWBIES thread as advised above my nosferatu1001?

If you had there would be no confusion.

It's a 'no' to mediation but you MUST read the NEWBIES thread and the quoted links. It contains vital information you need to understand the small claims process and defend this claim.
  • Thanks, Lamilad,
    yes, i trying to find now some info on NewBIES pages..there is so many info. May you can refer me to the right page or post number?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 8:02PM
    its near the top of this forum , usually about the second one down

but today its the very top thread

read post #2 on the first page
  • Thanks Redx
    I think i found this info its a thread of DiegoFuego: SCS Law Letter before claim for multiple PCNs-over £1000!!
    Only I guess, I need to receive a DQ from court cos I got only letter from GS and there is only their filled form DQ and Notice of Allocation to the small claims Track,
    Do i need to wait for the letter from Court, is correct?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No, you do not need to search for "newbies"

It's literally STUCK to the top of the main page of the forum. Go to page one, you'll see a thread where newbies have to read. Post 2 within this thread is about small claims.

GS usually ask for it to be heard on papers. You do not want this.
  • Hello,
    I just about to fill DQ. BUT...
    Maybe someone can say what is possible at best to achieve by agreeing for mediation?
    Is possible to cut a claim amount significantly or just get a settlement of full amount? What is the best to get from mediation?

I just considering how much it will take of my time and energy recourses to prepare to the court, collect evidence and defence myself [my English isn't perfect] in the court hearing?
    And I will win 250£ [ if will] but will lose my day pay £150
    In another hand, I don't want to pay any penny to that scam claims collection system..
    Any Ideas?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 September 2017 at 4:33PM
    dziugaso wrote: »
    Maybe someone can say what is possible at best to achieve by agreeing for mediation?
    Is possible to cut a claim amount significantly or just get a settlement of full amount? What is the best to get from mediation?

Post#25 needs re-reading.

Especially this bit:
    It's a 'no' to mediation but you MUST read the NEWBIES thread and the quoted links. It contains vital information you need to understand the small claims process...
    They want all your money, you don't want to pay them anything... where's the scope for mediation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure