To be updated

nagarwal
nagarwal Posts: 1 Newbie
I got a call from 247 home rescue that they will be resolving the issue by end of this week hence removing the content until end of this week,

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 June 2017 at 9:57PM
    nagarwal wrote: »
    If your boiler is older than 11 years and want to report a breakdown, you need to check their small prints as they will charge you £75 as mandatory excess even though you choose £0 excess and pay high premium and then they will tell you that you are covered only up to £220 which would be in addition to £75 you already paid. Effectively you would be paying aprx £20 per month to get a cover of £220 that too by paying £75 excess.
    In addition to that they will inflate the price of work. They are good in collecting money but when it comes to fix any issue, they will make you regret why you too their service. You cant event complaint as well they are not covered by FCA and their complaint manager doesn't bother to respond. Please see below my experience:
    Reported a boiler breakdown and gave me hard time to accepting the job and told that there is a minimum 1 day delay in attending the breakdown despite small kid in the property. Was asked to pay £75 excess despite the fact that I chose £0 excess policy. After initial check, received a call from 247 claim department who told me that total cost to fix was £330 and I am covered only up to £220 of break down due to boiler older 11+ year and was blackmailed that if I will make any complaint then they will not attend my breakdown and forcefully paid £110. When gas engineer came, he told me that he charged £275 including initial call out. Effectively 247 inflated the price and charged me extra. I made an official complaint and told that they cant do anything. As per their procedure, I made formal complaint to their complaint manager and since last 3 months no response. Be careful from this company.

I look forward to the update later this week :)

It's amazing what a post on this forum can do, when you have otherwise been trying for 3 months.

Perhaps you could also requerst the BG to merge this new thread with the existing thread on a very similar topic
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5141494
  • Well if I could rate this 0 star I would, this company is not worth the 1 star I have to give.
    First of all a month or so ago I received an email offering 2 free months insurance FREE, So replied back to accept, well my 12 month policy finishes now, so was expecting my 2 Free months to continue, checked my bank account and they have took another payment out of my account, so 3 days ago I rung there customer service, When I asked why another payment was taken they informed me it was a auto renewal, as I received renewal policy details it went from £16 to £24 so thought am not paying that, I normally change insurance every year as you are aware there is no loyalty staying with same company, so if it was a auto renewal why was it still £16 they could not answer, when I informed them I had 2 FREE months extra cover they told me it was for my car, I said no I had been sent email for boiler they had no records of it, so after phone call I sent screenshot of email of confirmation, I sent it to a kalebh AT 247homerescue.co.uk but he is now completely ignoring my emails. Now the last 3 days I have been trying to get through to customer service, 20, 30, 45 mins on hold to get through at the third time spoke to this Kalebh and and queried the money taken out he could not find nothing re 2 FREE months, as I had not sent email with proof (until after we ended phone call) I instructed him clearly to cancel policy when it ran out on the 24th of November as I was paying for extra month, and asked him to send me confirmation immediately well 5 mins after phone call I got email stating he had now cancelled policy completely, so phone calls are ‘recorded’ so hopefully trading standards will demand to listen to them, when I hung up and found email I sent it to him at his personal email address and received nothing back, ad it was proof I was entitled to 2 extra FREE months cover, and I wanted the refund £16 paid back to me. So overall the telephone scam of on hold for near 3 hours over the last 3 days has finally persuaded me NEVER to renew with this company, when I first told them I was leaving because of the price shooting up from £16 to £24 he told me he would reduce it for me but I have wasted my dinner breaks the last 3 days trying to speak to these but it was so frustrating waiting, when I first spoke to Customer service they could not explain why extra payment was taken from my account and could not authorise cancelling my policy, hence them putting me through to wait on hold 20, 30, 45 minute wait. So in my messages I stated if I get no reply back by Monday will instruct my bank to refund money back and will be in touch with my local trading standards.
    Oh and the free boiler service I received, the engineer advised me (scare mongering tactics) to get a carbon monoxide gadget, which he had in his van for a nice little earner, I obviously declined, and will now get my boiler checked properly as am not sure if anything was adjusted when he serviced my boiler, overall this company is WORSE than 1 Star, shocking customer service and even worst trying to get through to there cancellation dept. stay clear I WILL NEVER EVER RENEW WITH THIS LOT EVER AGAIN
    Another addition to this saga, I received in June an email from 247homerescue, regards extra 2 free months for car breakdown, I presumed it was with my current insurer, and accepted it as with the boiler scam, was checking bits of paperwork at home, and I found my breakdown cover who I was with ‘Rescue My Car’ so checked my statement and realised that I had no previous breakdown cover with 247 but as I had boiler cover, they scammed me by sending out email for 2 free months, after the 2 free months because they had my bank details they started to take monthly payments out and checking bank details I just rung them up, got through to someone explained I did not need breakdown as I already had it, as the offer was a extra 2 months I presumed as stated it was from my current reputable breakdown cover, but as it turned out 247 were using my details from boiler cover, chap on the phone said he would cancel it at 1110am this morning when I rung, and send me confirmation email via email within 10 mins....’I’m doing it now’ he stated, asked him for his name for ref, he said it will be on the email, I asked again he again stated it would be on the email, I then asked the THIRD time, saying are you refusing to give me your name, he then said his name was KALEB.....the same person who I referred to in earlier details of this message. I had sent email to KALEB regards cancelling boiler cover on Friday...I actually sent it 30 odd times, he replied back wasn’t happy I resent same message, I told him I wanted clarification as his wording was not clear in previous message, he never did reply back, hence why he never replied back today after our phone (these calls may be recorded) call at 1110am. Just rung them back again at 1316hr and spoke to a nice lady Hannah told her what has happened and never got confirmation from KALEB, he was on his lunch break, she would tell him to do it on his return or get someone else to do it for him. Just checked my emails and I got a reply back from KALEB he has sent me confirmation of cancellation for Boiler Cover & NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR WHICH IS THE CAR BREAKDOWN RECOVERY, so have just sent a message to him...so what a pulava this is turning out to be, want both policies cancelled but, customer service is shockingly bad from KALEB! Will await any updates. Currently in dispute still as policy finished/finishing last payment 8/10/17 policy expires 24/11/17 but I got 2 ‘Free’ Months deluxe cover.......so shouldn’t that expire 2 months time? But they took another payment this month on 8/11/17 my policy that is due to expires clearly has on direct debit mandate last payment due on 8/10/17 but they took another payment! DO TRADING STANDARDS READ THESE FEEDBACK, saves me having to explain it all again when I contact them? And will inform MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM where I got details from to get policy last year, am sure he will not be happy regards the free car breakdown and taking money sneakily!
    21/11/17 Today received message from BRAD he has informed me money was taken on auto renewal, Now renewal details were sent to me, with big hike in price as stated previously, so had to ring to decline which I did. As Ive taken up the option of 2 FREE MONTHS DELUXE COVER, which I am currently in, but apparently 247homescam have informed me it finished 24/11/17 how does that work out then, if my last payment of the 12 months tariff (£16) was taken in October, and I declined the new policy (£24) which was due to start in Nov 8th why have then took £16 out on Nov 8th during my 2 FREE MONTHS PERIOD? Be aware terrible customer service, long phone calls to get through to speak to anyone.....when you want to cancel policy.
    Also when they send email regards renewal they ask you to login to view new policy as I did, now when you login, it comes up ‘you have renewed’ this is trying to login to view beaware, NEVER EVER AGAIN WOULD I GO NEAR 247homescam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure