IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurses in Cardiff NHS face huge bills

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Do not get involved Beamish, this looks like a dog's breakfast.

I agree. Something here smells fishier than Billingsgate market on a hot day.
  • Softwaremad_2
    Options
    Notices have gone up on machines at the site - INDIGO will not accept the old pound coins from 1st September 2017 despite them not being phased out until October 15th 2017.

It's all so mean and predatory - as i know the banks are still issuing the old coins when you get change
  • Softwaremad_2
    Options
    i believe that is me being a bit of a dime bar and forgetting old account log in details - so had to set up a new account. Maybe i have somehow remembered and logged into the previous account on phone or something.

Apologies not meaning to confuse at all
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @Softwaremad

What's the link again for the fighting fund for the Nurses? Perhaps some of the armchair lawyers might want to check down the back of their seats (or wallets) to see if they have something financial to contribute.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @Softwaremad

What's the link again for the fighting fund for the Nurses? Perhaps some of the armchair lawyers might want to check down the back of their seats (or wallets) to see if they have something financial to contribute.

It's linked in post #81 of this thread, but here it is again:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Softwaremad_2
    Options
    @Softwaremad

We seem to have hit a brick wall at present with the crowd funding but it is very close to £5k which in itself is amazing. I put £50 in myself and unbeknownst to me when i went to do the This Morning show the £150 there was not a deposit for the guests (i offered my bank card) but an appearance fee, have not cashed this yet but was going to offer it up to the cause.

I am however being advised that I have given enough at present as to date I have not collected any expenses, I do need to, but feel bad doing so when there was a small collection initially of £20 per member - obviously some have not donated that and the cash fund is rather small and monies required to pay filing fees etc.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    We seem to have hit a brick wall at present with the crowd funding but it is very close to £5k which in itself is amazing. I put £50 in myself and unbeknownst to me when i went to do the This Morning show the £150 there was not a deposit for the guests (i offered my bank card) but an appearance fee, have not cashed this yet but was going to offer it up to the cause.

I am however being advised that I have given enough at present as to date I have not collected any expenses, I do need to, but feel bad doing so when there was a small collection initially of £20 per member - obviously some have not donated that and the cash fund is rather small and monies required to pay filing fees etc.
    How much do we need to raise in total for an effective fund ?
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Have you approached the BMA, RCN, RCN, RCOG etc.?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • softwaremad
    softwaremad Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    I'm note sure this is as bad as they are saying. The "huge costs" was because the judge took exception to some form of behaviour.

Going forward the behavior won't be there so the "huge costs" will be gone and it will be down to £20 per ticket.

Have a feeling the judge was smarter than people give credit here.

I too believe that. Whether I am completely barking remains to be seen. Had the case been won at the first round they would have appealed. Then would the staff have had the support from
    The public and the ability to fund the appeal. I think not. So I do believe the judge here has assisted. Padded room booked in case I am wrong
  • softwaremad
    softwaremad Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Have you approached the BMA, RCN, RCN, RCOG etc.?

All 16 unions were involved in the decisions and have refused point blank to assist their members. Stating that it is not a work related issue.

They have been told forcefully to pay up. I have tried making contact to get someone out of region to come in and assist but they want members to contact them independently.

Good luck with that lol. Seriously a bit of common sense. Send someone down hold one or two meetings to assist hundreds in one go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure