Experian vs. Equifax

Comments

• flip01
    flip01 Posts: 51 Forumite
    http://www.equifax.co.uk/news/eq013.htm

There seems to be a bit of confusion about Barclaycard / Barclays searches. Read the above link and that should clear it up, but in summary,
    BARCLAYCARD check new apps with Equifax
    BARCLAYS are are a seperate company. Checking unknown.
  • flip01
    flip01 Posts: 51 Forumite
    One more -

Marbles Check with EXPERIAN - seems to contradict the original post, so treat with caution, they may use either agency.
  • garyclay
    garyclay Posts: 193 Forumite
    Anybody know who Sainsburys CC are using?
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Sainsburys don't use Equifax. Their card is Halifax/Bank of Scotland (HBOS). Experian is their prefered credit reference agency.
    J_B.
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    One of these two Credit Reference Agencies has their call centre in Eire. Has anyone any idea which one?

Personal details are of great value to crooks never mind terrorists. I like to think that any personal information I have is being held in the UK and dealt with solely by UK citizens who can be held accountable under UK law.

Any thoughts, readers?

James
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have a feeling that it's Equifax (having spoken to them over the phone recently).

Can't confirm the location though so don't know whether it's nothern or southern.
    They did have nice accents though.
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My report from Experian shows up:

Barclaycard - search+payment status (new application)
    Barclays bank plc
    Citibank International
    Nationwide Current account
    Nationwide credit card

I have been previously refused credit cards by Halifax and Lombard Direct, but their searches dont appear here. Probably they might then be using Equifax.
  • Hi people - first post - ;D

My problem with experian and equifax is quite simply frustrating! AAAAAAH!

My address is formatted differently on experians database (theve put my flat number as the building number) than on equifax's and all the automated systems when you apply online. So it doesnt show up with these companys that im on the electoral role unless the company is using equifax! I applied for a halifax one card using the wrong address - knowing that they use experian and i got one straight away even though ive had real problems getting credit!

I have contacted experian and they say they are right and everyone else is wrong! can you believe it! My local councils electoral role department agree with me and equifax but experian wont budge!

im so cross!
    #113 12K in 2020 Challenge #113 £17,103/£12,000 £15000
  • Lopo
    Lopo Posts: 484 Forumite
    Off topic a little....but related to the companies.

Was wondering,...on the experian web site you may obtain a paper based postal quarterly credit report for £8, and monthly for £20 - both for a year.

Curious if this is detailed on the credit report itself each time it is produced like it does when you buy the one-off £2.00 paper postal version!?

Also, With equifax...anyone noticed if on their website they offer the same quarterly/monthly service?   If so and it is located.....please detail where please and let this post know as I could not locate it personally...

Cheers.....Lopo!
    Beware Lego Men with Deep pockets...! :cool:
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I thought I'd revive this very useful thread by saying that on my latest report Cahoot searched Equifax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure