Caz counts it down

Comments

• Back from holiday (which was amazing) to a revised council tax bill - I don't have to pay the 200% charge, thank you Highland Council :)

Thursday and Friday seemed to go by in a blur of catching up, but life is more or less back to normal, other than an enormous pile of laundry and the 9-week-old Border Collie puppy asleep on my lap ;) He arrived yesterday and is unbelievably cute. House training going well so far, only two accidents and both of those were my fault for not spotting the signs quickly enough - given that, as a working dog puppy, he's not been living in a house, I'm over the moon with him on that front. No problems with our other dog either, though she gave him a proper telling off for trying to pinch her breakfast this morning (they're fed at opposite ends of the kitchen) and he went yelping into his crate and refused to come out for 10 minutes, but they're fine again now.

puppy%204_zpshswhidip.jpg

This morning I had a driving lesson and both my vehicle and the village survived! Feeling like the luckiest crofter in the Highlands right now :)

tractor%203_zpsvb0tofjv.jpg
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    so cute! is he going to be a working dog?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Beautiful baby and shiny red tractor! Life is good in the Highlands!
    What have you named them?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • One very cute pup and one very snazzy tractor.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LOVE both the pup and the Fergie! Nice work all round!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Knit_Witch wrote: »
    so cute! is he going to be a working dog?

Yes, if I don't mess his training up :) He knows what to do, he's already practising herding me round the garden! I'm hoping a friend's nephew, who is only 16 but doing fantastically well with his dogs, can be persuaded to give me some lessons for cash. His twin sister has a real gift for upcycling furniture as well, so hopefully I can employ her too and we can furnish Ethel's partly from Dingwall furniture auction :)
    Beautiful baby and shiny red tractor! Life is good in the Highlands!
    What have you named them?

The puppy is Jack and the tractor doesn't have a name, but is definitely a she!

I have very nearly made my first £10 from my website! My Google Adsense revenue is now up to £9.92 plus a grand total of 2p earned this month so far. I've got to get to £60 before I can cash out, so it's going to be a while, but hey, double figures is a start. I've also put my first referral link into a post (the blog now has a suitable disclaimer in the sidebar) and am really thinking I should be signing up to an affiliate programme, but probably need to increase my traffic first before it's worth it. I'm wondering about investing in a course, but it's tricky to know which are the good ones and which ones are rip-offs.

I've been estimated £800 for prepping and painting the house, excluding paint, which I think is fair, given it's five or six days of work, in tricky weather, and involves ladders (which I hate!). I've got to buy the paint, but I've found the shade I want on offer at 2 for £40 (normally £29 each) with free delivery, so 20 cans should be arriving here next Monday (with 3% cashback if it tracks successfully!)

Invoicing for last month wasn't as bad as I feared - I billed around £650 when I was thinking it was about £400. About to do a bit more work this evening, as I'm up for a bit longer on house-training duty!
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 October 2016 at 9:10PM
    I put the mortgage payment up by £10 today (the monthly payment went out yesterday) - thought that since I was doing £10 into Ratesetter, I might as well do the same for the mortgage :)

Yesterday's payment took us over £29,000 paid off, which is 20%, and next month's will see us go into the £115,xxx band.
    Save
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well done you - chipping away a little at a time is definitely the way forward with a mortgage - well we found it worked anyway!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Adsense is now over £10 :D (It's the little things...)

I've been catching up YNAB and making the card payments due so far this month - now down into the £2,xxx band of the original CC debt and have hit 90% paid off :D:D:D:D (Well, bar £4, but I'm rounding). There'll be another chunk paid off later in the month when the other two cards generate their statements. Feeling like the end is in sight for this particular chunk of debt.
  • Wowzer!!! Such a huge accomplishment!!!!! :j:T:j :T:beer:

How is Jackbaby?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business