TSB Classic Plus

I have one TSB Classic Plus and three TSB Vantage (one empty). From looking about on the forum people seem to be saying you can have 2 x Classic Plus, but I looked on the TSB page where it states

Restrictions You can have 1 Plus account in your sole name, and another Plus account in joint names

under T&Cs, October 14. Am I missing something, should I just apply anyway? Info gratefully received.

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They are likely to enforce those T&Cs from the end of this month. I would just try for the second one if I were you - worst case your application will get declined,
  • I have opened 2 sole accounts last night. No trouble.
    I am just concerned what might happen if and when they notice 2 sole accounts?
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The Ts and Cs from October 2014 specified one Plus account for new customers from 13th October. Existing customers would be able to open two accounts and were given until the end of January to do this.

More details here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2014/10/planning-on-getting-a-tsb-current-account-do-it-now-if-you-want-to-open-four
  • fifeken wrote: »
    The Ts and Cs from October 2014 specified one Plus account for new customers from 13th October. Existing customers would be able to open two accounts and were given until the end of January to do this.

More details here:

Hi. Yes I am aware of this. I have been able to open 2 online though. Will I now have to cancel one acc? Thanks.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    fifeken wrote: »

More details here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2014/10/planning-on-getting-a-tsb-current-account-do-it-now-if-you-want-to-open-four
    The only thing that does matter is what TSB say and do. If they let people open 2 accounts, they let people open 2 accounts. They have written to existing account holders a few weeks back to say they would change their T&Cs, and would enforce the new T&Cs from end of Jan 2015.
    Hi. Yes I am aware of this. I have been able to open 2 online though. Will I now have to cancel one acc? Thanks.
    Don't worry, and definitely don't cancel your second account. If TSB won't let you keep it, they would tell you. But it is most unlikely that they will have any issue
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    The only thing that does matter is what TSB say and do. If they let people open 2 accounts, they let people open 2 accounts. They have written to existing account holders a few weeks back to say they would change their T&Cs, and would enforce the new T&Cs from end of Jan 2015.

I agree, the poster never said if they were a current TSB customer so we don't know if these rules apply or not, but he/she certainly shouldn't be closing any account voluntarily.
  • Can you still bounce the 500from the 2 accounts?
    Ta.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can you still bounce the 500from the 2 accounts?
    Ta.
    Does it say in the Plus account T&Cs where the money can and cannot come from?...

http://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/classic-plus-account/classic_plus_terms_and_conditions.pdf

...or does it still just say "Each month you must pay at least £500 into your account"?
  • Ok. Just got confused as the 'Savings Accounts Best Interest Rates' thread states:
    "You’ll still need to pay in £500 a month to the second account too (and from an outside source, not from your first account)."
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ok. Just got confused as the 'Savings Accounts Best Interest Rates' thread states:
    "You’ll still need to pay in £500 a month to the second account too (and from an outside source, not from your first account)."
    Thankfully MSE don't write the TSB T&Cs...TSB do!

I do wish MSE wouldn't get involved in the nitty gritty, and instead would simply say "The TSB Plus is a good account, so go check it out for yourself to see if it suits you and what you have to do to make it work for you".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure