Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Well done on your 50p stash! i do the same with 20ps.. although that always takes longer!! :j

I've always wondered about polls and surveys. never know where to go for these though!

Poor kitty.. hope its nothing serious... :) my kitty was hit by a car last December and ended up unable to walk for a few weeks.. hes healed fine just walks a bit oddly hehe... x

Hi Raggydoll85, thanks for popping in...!

I also save 20p's they are my christmas fund...!! My poorly cat appears to be on the mend fingers crossed, they are expensive like cars when they go wrong!! lol at your wonky walking kitty! Glad he healed well.

Surveys I have tried and tested most over the years and am pleased to be able to say that I paid for my holiday last year and this year with money from these, car boots and ebay.. so at least that didn't add to my huge cc debt!

I use One poll, my survey and Ipsos, I also do the Royal mail posting that pays in stamps and vouchers, scan all my shopping for more vouchers through shop and scan... its all a little extra that can be saved for christmas etc... Hope that helps..!!
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    So last night I got a text from StepChange informing me they hadn't received my paperwork yet and to call if any problems.. so kind. So I have spoken to them this morning and advised it will all be sent out at the end of the week. Can't wait to get this started now...

Just taken a call from my boss.... conversation started with.. I hate to have to do this over the phone..... my heart started beating a wee bit fast at this point...!!! But it was to tell me they are leaving.... bit sad now, we've worked together for 10 years and there is only one other person in the team who has been there longer than me.... wonder what my next boss will be like...:eek:

Both my dd and my cat appear to be on the mend thankfully, just got to get the car sorted next as it needs a bit of work and she is getting on a bit in years... 12 !! But less than 70k on the clock so hoping she will keep going for the lenght of my dmp... otherwise it will be the bank of mum I have to go to....

Got disturbed this morning with a delivery of a large parcel, part of my RM postal work that I do, so I will need to factor into my budget next week, paying to send this on, also need a perscription and a suit dry cleaned... no charity shopping for me this week then...! On the upside it looks like OH will be away from saturday to thursday next week so the food shop can be minimal as I will eat from the freezer.
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Nearly the weekend....:D

I have posted back my dmp pack ready for a November start.. I shall post the remaining creditor letters tomorrow and be onto my online banking first thing to check the wages have gone the right direction....

More good news, my cat appears to be mended.. yeah....

Only need 45p more for OnePoll payout... £40 towards christmas... I love christmas... also waiting for a cheque for £100 from changing my mortgage so more pennies for christmas fund.. have I mentioned I love christmas...HS_santa_dancing.gif

And more good news.. my new current account is still in credit the day before payday.... HScartwheel.gif

That's enought smilie's for one post I think.....
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    I do not believe you posted those dancing THINGS in September !! Bah Humbug :) lol
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • Puzzcat
    Oops.. sorry didn't mean to offend anyone who isn't as passionate about the silly season as me.... maybe this..HSwitch.gifis more appropriate for the time of year... although personally I hate halloween, complete load of nonsence...

So today I have posted off the rest of the letters so now I may just hiding.gif .. and wait for the fall out from the bank...

On the upside my salary hit the right account that was still in credit, only by a few ££'s though, but lovely to see and made me :D

Have worked out exactly how much I have to spend and on what this month. I do have a few extra's I need to pay for including work to the car.. I would also like to get a small freezer so i'm going to start by looking in our local electrical charity shop.. job for tomorrow...

One Poll 10p from payout......

Ordered £5 from another survey site, although it always takes about 3 weeks to land in paypal... goes the long way round I think....:rotfl:

Done the food shop.. shop.gif under budget.... and bought 2 christmas presents.... sorry, sorry I know its that word again, but I promise not to put up any decorations on my diary until... maybe October...:D

And of course the best news is, its friday... Love Fridays.....yay.gif
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Quick post today being the weekend, knee deep in washing, cleaning etc..... oh the joy!!

Popped to local electrical charity shop, they had a small chest freezer but wanted £80 for it and it was smelly... I don't think so, you can buy new for £129... but have found one on gumtree so waiting to hear if that's still available at £45...

Got perscription £7.85 and paid for suit dry cleaning £7.50.. I've now been informed that the black ink is running out so more spends tomorrow, think its cheapest at asda so i'll pop down early in the morning that will be another £15.. so that will be my sundries wallet empty for this week...

Other cat now poorly with same symptoms so assuming it was a cat bug that one has passed to the other. I shall keep an eye on her, but she has more.....curves than the boy so not eating for a day or two won't cause her to be skinny like him!!! I don't think I need to go and spend another £47 down the vet at this point.. and neither of them like the sensitive food so most of that's gone in the bin....

Strictly and x factor tonight so a girls night in front of the tv whilst OH is at football/pub...

Off now things to do.....................
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • kb_soma
    kb_soma Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Yay Puzzcat! I've had a DMP for the last couple of years and I have to say, it really has improved my quality of life. I am currently trying to help my OH set something similar up.

Good luck and keep going!
    LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||
  • Puzzcat
    edited 30 September 2013 at 2:20PM
    Monday again... how did that happen? Woke up this morning thinking it was sunday.. how depressing is that...

Oh well another day another dollar...

welcome2.gif to kb_soma, thanks for popping by. Lovely to hear from others on the same journey.

Today I'm feeling...UGH.gif and would really like to be tucked up in bed, in fact I may have a little siesta later. On the upside both my cats now appear to be well so that's one less worry out of the way...!

Its month end and I've added up my spends.. over budget on groceries but that is my weakness and an area that I will learn to rein in... Somehow I didn't spend more money than I had though so bit confused by that one... I shall do the same next month as i'm practising for the start of my dmp which hopefully will go live 1st November.. Just waiting to hear back from SC now.....

All quiet on the postal and phone front, my biggest creditor will have received communication from me today... this is the scary one as it makes up 33% of my total debt.. please be nice to me......:D

Lovely to see my current account in credit, all my priority dd's will start tumbling out tomorrow onwards so I shall admire it for as long as possible today..... After that I shall start moving around what's left into the various budget saving accounts I have created.

Time for a cuppa me thinks...

Forgot to add finally got the last 10p on onepoll so £40 payment requested from them...
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat wrote: »
    Forgot to add finally got the last 10p on onepoll so £40 payment requested from them...

well done!!

how long did it take to make the £40... i think im going to be on there FOREVER lol
    LBM 17/09/2013 [STRIKE]£4283.40[/STRIKE] November 2015 total [STRIKE]£4339.45[/STRIKE]
    Current total 29/11/2015 £4226.43
    CC - £3844.31 :eek: NW OD - [STRIKE]£500[/STRIKE] £382.12
  • Puzzcat
    well done!!

how long did it take to make the £40... i think im going to be on there FOREVER lol

Hi Raggydoll85, It does seem to take ages but if your persistant it does pay out... My last payout was in April but it generally averages every 4 months or so depending how good you are at checking the site many times a day!!! Its a nice little bonus when you reach it..
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business