Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 1 September 2015 at 8:41AM
    Hope the meeting doesn't drag on too long! :)

Edited re wrong musical - oops! :o However, DD has also been to see Matilda and thought it was also great! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    small - I'm older than you! By 4 years. I'll dig out my last statement and have a look. If I'm wrong, then all the more reason to focus on FIRE now.

Dd has been utube surfing for songs from Matilda, moving on to Annie... Dss is looking after her while I'm at work, so he'll be exhausted by lunchtime...!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Just checked - it is 60. Phew.
  • You must just have a youthful attitude!

Sorry to worry you.
  • apple_muncher
    Am quite chuffed I knew exactly where the paperwork for it was!
  • apple_muncher
    Next awkwardness installment:

Dss says 'is it okay for him + gf to do their own cooking as we are on different schedules'. What can you say?! So, I said it was okay. Dh hadn't known it was coming - I checked! Therefore they will buy all their own food. (which they had already done, as dss came in with a bag of shopping before asking the question)

I've asked dh to ask/ascertain just how much 'rent' they are now planning on contributing...

Am currently not experiencing much good-will feeling! No doubt I'll soon get over it and start behaving like a grown-up again...
  • Are they going to be doing all their own washing up...
  • apple_muncher
    They better had...!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    And drying up and putting away.....

They still need to contribute - are they buying ALL their groceries? (milk, teabags, coffee, seasonings, sauces etc) - heat, light, electricity for laptops and tv and to charge phones.... water for showers and washing of clothes (and dishes!) - all of this has a price...

((hugs))xx

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    greent wrote: »
    And drying up and putting away.....

They still need to contribute - are they buying ALL their groceries? (milk, teabags, coffee, seasonings, sauces etc) - heat, light, electricity for laptops and tv and to charge phones.... water for showers and washing of clothes (and dishes!) - all of this has a price...

((hugs))xx

x

Indeedy! We'll see what happens. It was causing me a lot of stress and anxiety yesterday and I decided to attempt to 'not sweat the small stuff', as I know where those feelings send me and it is not a good place to be. If they do go from offering rent to expecting to live here for free, then that is not right. But we are not there yet...

The sun is shining, and a wash is on. Dd has her musical this afternoon - her big sister has paid so I'm not letting her pay for the train tickets and am sending dd with a bag full of food for both of them!

And I shall work on a meal plan, now that I only have to feed the 3 of us again... Dh doesn't like the idea of a meal plan but I need to at least have an idea of what we'll eat - and given that I do most of the cooking... Hmmm, maybe I just do one and don't tell him...!

Dd is up and super excited about the day ahead!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback