Fascia and soffit replacement - two questions!

Comments

• Jnelhams
    Jnelhams Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Don't touch Anglian with a barge pole, shoddy job left nails and rubbish everywhere. When I rang to complain was told to go forth and multiply. Only when I threatened legal action did they come out to clear up the mess. AVOID ANGLIAN!:mad::mad::mad:
    My Mind wanders, if found please return.
  • adicosuk
    adicosuk Posts: 10 Forumite
    hello posters, i own a fascia and soffit company in the midlands and have read all of your points.... a few things to remember, it is impossible to quote for a job without inspection as old soffits and fascias hide an absolute multitude of sins. once inspected you can then determine the overall cost for labor and materials and this should be broken down for the customer beforehand so they can see where the money is going. Also scaffolding can be very expensive where sometimes safety conscious alternatives can save a fortune i.e. we have our own van mounted lift and can obtain narrow track reach equipment for even the hard to reach areas. much more cost effective. I would also like to point out that the prices quoted by large companies are often subbed out to inexperienced contractors in this field that get a straight out 50% of your hard earned cash from the total bill which is just crazy. feel free to ask me any advice you require... send pics.... drawings anything you have and i will base a cost for worst case scenario which i will stand by whilst you gather quotes to get them down to a suitable price as yours all sound very expensive
    Typical costs
    mid terrace - 895.00 all in
    end terrace - 1295.00all in
    detached - 1695.00 all in
    and that gives you a 30 year guarantee on your fascias and soffits in white and 10 years on all colors.. insurance backed guarantees are something we looked into and are not worth the paper there written on, there are only one company in the uk offering it for fascias and if a company are mainly window and door installers they are not covered by there insurance. all fitters should be registered installers and guarantees will be posted to you within 2 weeks of completion. make sure your fitter is!!!!!! any advice you require please feel free to just ask and i will help you in anyway i can

Hi there, I have a 1st/2nd floor maisonette that needs fascia replacement, it is an end of terrace, and it is in Surrey, do you do work in Surrey ?

Thanks
    Adrian
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    adicosuk wrote: »
    Hi there, I have a 1st/2nd floor maisonette that needs fascia replacement, it is an end of terrace, and it is in Surrey, do you do work in Surrey ?

Thanks
    Adrian
    Well first the spammer hasn't been back for over a year and secondly there are plenty of companies in Surrey that do this sort of work. Say where you are and I'll probbaly be point you at a couple that I have absolutely no pecuniary interest in.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • Hi there I have joined the site so that I can post you, are you able to supply me a way to contact you to obtain a quote thankyou
  • Hi please could you tell me if cover the Newcastle Staffordshire area.if so I would very much like to contact you .thanku
    P.s apols I posted this a few moments ago but I think on the wrong posters board... Oopps ! Sorry
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Hi please could you tell me if cover the Newcastle Staffordshire area.if so I would very much like to contact you .thanku
    P.s apols I posted this a few moments ago but I think on the wrong posters board... Oopps ! Sorry

Keystone is from Surrey, we live in Staffs and used Mw Roofline https://www.mwroofline.co.uk
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spam reported - please click button.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Yorkie1 wrote: »
    Spam reported - please click button.
    Why? lol

Originally I told the OP to go with Anglian!!
  • We recently had a representative from Zenith round to provide a free quotation for replacement fascias, soffits & guttering. It's a 4 bed detached house with reasonable access on all sides, no gable ends, so should be straightforward!
    The starting "quote" was around £17k, after the various reductions for advertising, etc etc blah blah, several phone calls to his manager we got down to just over £6k (a reduction of around £11k from the "quote").
    We were still not prepared to sign on the dotted line. Bearing in mind it had taken over 3 hours of our evening to reach this point, and he was still not taking No for an answer we were getting frustrated. Eventually after one last attempt with an offer of just over £5k he left.
    We're going to try getting local tradespeople to provide proper quotes!!
  • We had a quote today for our facia soffits and barge boards for 7132 or if we took it on credit for 5902 that seems daft :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure