6 months on from 'lightbulb' my DFW journey so far

2»

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hey this is the kinda good news were all needing to hear right now ...congrats and thanks for posting
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news!
    Was wondering what had happened to you, glad all is going so well.
    A teeny wee bit envious though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ginger
    ginger Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi the Maccas

You really inspire me. Haveben trying to sort out debt since start of 2006 - was doing well then OH lost job - unfair dismissal claim peding - but in the meatime only a little work for him through agencies. Problem has been I am well paid so not as badly off as some, and therefore I have been unable/unwillinging to control my "me time" spending. However time will come when I have to out of necessity. Really need to get down to this DFW lark but at the moment still experiencing head in the sand moment. Its good to talk but truly wish I could talk to OH like this.

G
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for the replies, Ginger - I think OH was as fed up about our money situation as I was and because we have joint accounts on everything, our lack of money seriously affected him too. If you have seperate accounts and seperate debts it may be more difficult for the person not in debt to want to involve themselves though many on here have been really great and supportive. I think if my OH wasn't on board I would have found it near on impossible to address the debt the way we have so I can appreciate how dificult it must be for you. Maybe get your OH to read this forum, it can be very addicitive and it certainly has helped to motivate my OH on occasions!
    hugs
    x
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Doesn't it feel great when you start to see results? Well done, and thanks for your post, inspiration is always welcome!
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Well done - a terrific achievement!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure