Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• Brilliant idea, i have just gone through a collection this morning and got £22.

They did offer me 25p for a Girls Aloud Album though hahaha!

I thought it's also useful to point out, i tried a couple of singles and got some money for them aswell! :D
  • Has anyone tried the free advertising newspapers to see what they get first? Especially by selling them by genre, artist or job lot if they are too much of a mixed bag.

Anyone tried shop doors or supermarket boards? University boards?

These cut out the middle man though might be slower selling.
  • jap200
    jap200 Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Not terribly impressed so far. I tried a random handful of CDs - about 10 - from my collection. For about 8 of them the bar code was either not recognised or a message came up saying "we are not currently buying this title at the moment". I was offered 50p for one disc (Alanis Morisset) and £3 for an EMI classical double-disc (Mozart) that I don't really want to sell.

Having browsed through the titles available to buy, it seems like there is a lot of classical music, so maybe if you have plenty of that to sell it would be worth your while.

I'm not sure that it is worth the time it takes to sit and go through a large pile of CDs to make such a few pounds - although that does of course depend on whether you are more short of time or money!
  • jap200 wrote: »
    I was offered 50p for one disc (Alanis Morisset) and £3 for an EMI classical double-disc (Mozart) that I don't really want to sell.

I'm not sure that it is worth the time it takes to sit and go through a large pile of CDs to make such a few pounds - although that does of course depend on whether you are more short of time or money!

Ebay'ing cds doesn't usually earn anything decent either, unless you have a special or limited edition - especially after listing fees, FVFs, Paypal, postage etc etc :)
  • Just sold £45 worth of stuff to tradeyourstuff.co.uk - will be sending this out today, asked one of the people to ring me as wasnt sure whether to send this such a large amount out and spoke to a really nice girl who gave me a discount code to use too in order to get more money for my games! Nice pleasant surprise, will keep you updated as to when i get my money.

For some reason they dont sell wii stuff yet which is surprising though!
  • wondering whether i could put this code up for everyone else to use?? or should i ask for permission to do so?
  • I feel dumb but I'm having problems wit hthis :(
    Won't let me log in or save the CDs when I type in their barcodes.
    I have tonnes to get rid of and it seems to be accepting them all for quite a reasonable price but I just can't log in or anything. :S
    I'm definately verified cos I have the e-mail and I have enabled cookies too so I'm stumped.
  • Will echo rachelja's Question....

"Has anyone received a cheque / payment yet pls"

I sent a load of discs off a week ago last friday after reading Betterlatethannever's post for this deal a few weeks ago and is still showing in my acount as "pending". Ok its not too long yet, but thought could of at least of changed to "received" by now.
    I have another lot of discs i would of liked to sell too, but will wait till recieve money for 1st lot.

So has anybody been payed yet? and how long did it take.

I did also order a game from the sister site they have and that arrived realy quickly, son is well pleased with it.
    Nope.... Still cant think of owt interesting to put here.
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    Gramisaur wrote: »
    I feel dumb but I'm having problems wit hthis :(
    Won't let me log in or save the CDs when I type in their barcodes.
    I have tonnes to get rid of and it seems to be accepting them all for quite a reasonable price but I just can't log in or anything. :S
    I'm definately verified cos I have the e-mail and I have enabled cookies too so I'm stumped.

I was on the website yesterday evening, and when you go to log in - it does seem like it hasn't done anything, but I was actually logged in? Why don't you give them a call or an email and let them talk you through?

I checked the prices of a few cd's on ebay, and none of them had any bids on!? too much hassle. musicmagpie looks great for impatient skint people like me! Our local cex just isn't an option - the queues can be horrific in there, I've heard a few people swear as they get to the front to find they're not buying right now
  • this is a very interesting piece of information for me because a few months ago a supplier of mine was trying to get me to buy cds off him hes got over 25 thousand of them and he said if i bought in bulk from him he would sell me them at 20p per cd so will seriously look into this thanks for the information as soon as somebody receives there first cheque please post on here and if you can do the same with games or books or anybody comes across a site that does this please post thankyou:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure