£170000 in 10 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you themadvix , that is so true ,i would have had to pay with my credit card so all good really .Parcels went yesterday and several more items listed .It is a beautiful day here again today ,cold but the sun is shining .Hope all is good with you .
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,867 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    All fine here, TH, thanks for asking.

Sounds like good progress on the ebay front :)

Having avoided the fog for the past couple of days, it's descended with a vengeance here today. Still, spring has got to come at some point (and I'm an optimist hoping for it at the end of Jan!).
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Hi tryharder, it is amazing that you were able to just pay the roof without going into debt, massive congrats on that! The mortgage will soon pick up again!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • try_harder
    I have decided to post on here at least once a day maybe twice ,i feel if i keep a diary i can see my progress better .Today i have made salad with reduced 25p tomatoes and 25p bagged herbed lettuce i have added 39p coox beetroot 40p sardines 40p tin green lentils ,sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds ,i have also made 27p no knead bread ,recipe taken from another site ,i will eat this for lunch and will add vegie burgers tonight for my son in the bread to fill him up and some new potatoes.
    Today i sold an item on ebax so £15.50 straight to the mortgage overpayments,i have made my £10 a day this week which goes in to the savings pot but i am struggling with finding spare money for overpayments but working towards being mortgage neutral with savings but would be nice to find in 10 years that i have paid the mortgage off and have savings ,so savings come first.
    More listing today to try and hit my £10 a day throughout next week .
    Such a beautiful day here today ,i have taken the dog out for a nice walk but tempted to go again once listings are done ,then later this afternoon out to look for reduced items in the local shops ,oh how i love finding bargains .
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like you are doing loads to reach your goals TryHarde, salad sounds delicious & well done on the eBay sale! £15.50 is a great OP.

I've listed one item on eBay today, will try and do two more today ready for them to start on Sunday :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • good idea to post, I've had a couple of months of not being as focussed on my diary leading to me being not quite as focussed :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Hi Try Harder - a good idea to post regularly. It does focus your mind. You do so well with your food shopping, I really must take a leaf out of your book and try and get my food costs down again. We also have a lovely bright sunny day here - it makes you feel better doesn't it : )
  • try_harder
    Another sale made on ebax yesterday of £7.79 and two pounds found in the garden so almost £10 target found now on to today and looking for another £10 ,i want to take advantage of the 100 free listings during February so planning on listing as much as i can .
    Beef is slowly cooking in the aga ,i bought this at a very reduced price just before christmas in asdx i have some parsnips given by our lovely friend and some greens that i have frozen in the freezer i just need to buy a few potatoes today im hoping i will find some reduced .
    No more money for overpayments at the minute but i have several large items to sell so any money they raise will go towards it but it may be a while so have to think of some new ideas but savings are coming from oh wages and the make £10 a day and savings are on target so far .
    Kittenkirst .Thank you and hope you have your items listed ready for today .
    Moneyfordreams i love that name by the way.Yes im hoping it will keep me focused and extremely organised too .We have similar size mortgages i see ,we will have to keep each other motivated .
    Busymee1.You are doing brilliantly on the food front i dont think you could do any better,you are so very organised all round ,i love reading your posts .It is the most beautiful day here and i am now going to walk the dog then this afternoon we are going to a local garden for a snowdrop walk so looking forward to that it definitely does make you feel so much better ,long may it continue.
  • try_harder
    Seem to have lost motivation slightly today and lost focus ,i have listed a few more items on ebax so thats something i suppose.I have cleaned and tidied the house so thats another positive so maybe not all bad I think its the weather,its been dark and dreary all afternoon here and i havent even felt like going for a walk.I have put last weeks savings of £230 into my Isa today so that was another positive ,i hope i will be able to save the same again this week ,so much better than last month when i saved absolutely nothing .So pleased to have this diary ,it makes you see things in perspective .
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,867 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hey TH, sounds like things are going well. Don't worry about the odd day lacking motivation - we all have those! You're doing brilliantly on both the savings and the OPs.

Hope the sun comes out for you tomorrow!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure